Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been running 40 psi. I wasn't comfortable any less. 32psi? Seems really low but at this point, it is give it a shot or shell out $1500 for new rubber...
holy cow, 40??? I drive on 32PSI all day long with my stock Sasquatch tires ... makes a huge difference
Sponsored

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 door Bronco Big Bend Advanced/Sasquatch 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Timely thread… I am pretty set on the Kenda Klever R/T tires but can’t decide if I want to go with 35-10.5 or 35-12.5. the 10.5 are D rated and 12’s are E rated. I like the look of tge 12.5’s but know ride quality and gas mileage might suffer. any thoughts?
I ran the 10.5 wide Klevers on my RAM 1500 and loved them!!! Once my Sasquatch tires finally wear out, I might put Kendas on my Bronco.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

‘Cuz ‘E’ range tires do not belong on small trucks. Period.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMG_3875.jpg

I put these Terra Grappler G2's on about 10,000 miles ago, and I am ready to get rid of them. Love the look, offroad they are great, but this thing doesn't ride anywhere close to as good as my F150 did on the road, and I am thinking it is the E rating on the tires. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated. It is a Badlands Non-Sas. Thanks.
I've got 33in Terra Grapplers on stock Outer Banks wheels rolling at 34psi. I don't know anything different cuz they were put on before l took delivery-that said, they seem firm but over-all my 2dr rides pretty nice/smooth. Definitely lower your psi-at 34 psi my tires are wearing nicely...

Sponsored
OP
OP
dankeller13

dankeller13

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I lowered the psi down to 30, it is a huge improvement. Hitting potholes is not near as jarring as it was previously, and my tailgate rattle is quite a bit quieter! I appreciate all the suggestions/advice!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been running 40 psi. I wasn't comfortable any less. 32psi? Seems really low but at this point, it is give it a shot or shell out $1500 for new rubber...
way over pressurized. I run 24 psi on my load e tires. Rides nice. If I was at 40 I would be shattering my teeth.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG_3875.jpg

I put these Terra Grappler G2's on about 10,000 miles ago, and I am ready to get rid of them. Love the look, offroad they are great, but this thing doesn't ride anywhere close to as good as my F150 did on the road, and I am thinking it is the E rating on the tires. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated. It is a Badlands Non-Sas. Thanks.

An "E" rated tire is way overkill for the fairly lite weight Bronco.

I have 37s on my 4-Door that are "E" rated Toyo ATIIIs. The front corners on the Bronco weight average 1470 pounds each. This is way less than the capacity of the tire.

I run 30/28 and it is quite comfortable. At this PSI there is also a complete tire contact patch on the road. Why would I put any more air in the tires? This is plenty of PSI even if my Bronco was fully loaded.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Or until you get tired of puncturing tires by driving over a Cholla Spine, or a twig, or a sharp piece of scree.

P rated tires belong on pavement. I don't even live on a paved road. If they made C rated tires for the Mustang I'd use them.
Load Range E for the win. I picked up a ball of Cholla in AZ last week, midway on a side wall on my Falken LRE's. A week later and no air loss.

Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ran E-rated at 80 PSI on our expedition. Ran fine. I like feeling the road, hate a squishy ride.

Squishy tires make a vehicle corner like crap too.
+1

Well, not the 80psi, but everything else

One who waits long time

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Road Glide Ultra, Fat Boy, Beta 500 R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with C rated KO2's in 37s. Ride is quieter than stock, stiffness is about the same but cornering is worse.

half-fast

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco (2dr)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had Continental Es on my F150 to accommodate Raptor wheels. Lasted less than 7500mi.s before they went on Ebay. Never again.

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely lower the PSI. You should run in the 30’s. Experiment and see where you like it. I run mine at 33 psi. Still doesn’t ride like a “c” but it’s bearable.

GmaninAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Harley Davidson FLHX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMG_3875.jpg

Load range E are usually 8 ply and for pickup trucks meant to haul heavy loads, or be capable of doing so, which you will not be doing in the Bronco. Factory tires are C load rated. You are running too high a pressure at 40 psi, why? They are not 45 or 35 aspect ratio tires and have a lot of volume and a tall sidewall where 34 to 36 psi will be more than enough. As you go down the highway the pressures will increase 2 to 6 psi depending on ambient temps over whatever you start out with. I feel your pain and it must ride like a lumber wagon..... Go back to the 285/70 R17s in a C rated tire. Are your wheels 8.5" in width? The 315s should be on a 9.5" wide wheel; yous look too narrow for the tire section width.
Sponsored