First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trial and error is how I learned, but you can also read the Forscan forums. It's not a difficult program to learn realy. Just ask questions online or find someone local to help.
Ok, thank you
Sponsored

Ravenndd

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is probably the only decent reason I have heard. If you have a certain number and you have to choose I get it. However, is that even an option at this point? Do we only have a certain number of available mode spots? Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but it seems like people are just able to delete it. I do wish I could sort the modes because Iā€™d have ECO be my default.

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another vote for default eco. It's way better on low speed city streets. I'd like to have Eco and Sport and delete normal. I either want all the power or none of it. No halfsie bullshit.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Another vote for default eco. It's way better on low speed city streets. I'd like to have Eco and Sport and delete normal. I either want all the power or none of it. No halfsie bullshit.
I agree, when you think about it normal should be delete-able also. The only time I've used it or ever thought I would use Eco is if I ran out of gas or was really close to running out of gas and trying to stretch my last gallon to the gas station other than that I don't like that mode much but I wish that you could make choices as to which mode it defaulted to.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I tried removing normal mode but the whole goat mode menu got glitchy. Normal would show up at the end of this and turning the goat mode selector made it worse(kept bouncing back to normal then another mode, then normal).
same problem for me. šŸ¤ŖšŸ«£šŸ˜‹

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd settle for being able to choose the order of the modes. I'd like sport first, then normal, and let's put the misnamed eco at the end of the dial. If you have a 7MT it saves no fuel and makes the 2.3 sluggish, it won't let the turbo boost. Apparently some drivers like eco because normal and up is too much power in the city. Too much power for you? Good grief.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was doing some reading over on ranger raptor 6g and came across a dyno report where the only changes were "goat mode" chages...they are slightly different on the pickup, but thee concept is identical and I believe the Bosch-provided engine logic is also similar across multiple vehicles platforms.

Bottom line is that there BIG difference bin actual HP and TQ with mode changes....this debunks those theories about it being related to pedal sensitivity (like a pedal commander)

I find this fascinating.

post #216

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/ford-ranger-raptor-6th-eu-unlock-chiptuning.7196/page-15

Screenshot_20231105_190254_Chrome.jpg

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Eco is great for slow street driving and slow stop and go. Less jerky and less shifting. Only time I use it though.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was doing some reading over on ranger raptor 6g and came across a dyno report where the only changes were "goat mode" chages...they are slightly different on the pickup, but thee concept is identical and I believe the Bosch-provided engine logic is also similar across multiple vehicles platforms.

Bottom line is that there BIG difference bin actual HP and TQ with mode changes....this debunks those theories about it being related to pedal sensitivity (like a pedal commander)

I find this fascinating.

post #216

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/ford-ranger-raptor-6th-eu-unlock-chiptuning.7196/page-15

Screenshot_20231105_190254_Chrome.jpg
Those arenā€™t GOAT mode changes. The eco, dynamic and sport he has listed for each graph are changes to the DTE box he has installed. Itā€™s basically like having a JB4 installed on a Bronco, which explains why thereā€™s a power increase for each setting.

Ford Bronco ECO Mode deleted via Forscan! Finally. IMG_2326

Last edited:

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't tried any of the modes yet, asumming my Bronco is in Normal. I'm shifting how/when I want regardless with the 7M, so does something like Sport mode make much of a difference with manual trans?
The change in throttle response is pretty small on the 7MT in my experience, but it also automatically turns off ASS, if that's something you care about.

If you are new to a stick, or still getting used to the way the clutch feels you can feel the difference in the throttle, but once you get used to it it's pretty minor, just a little less forgiving on the clutch. Same with Eco mode, but in the other direction - actually makes it a bit more forgiving on shifting, but at the expense of the throttle being a bit mushier.

You may say, for ASS - well it's three twists of the dial versus one push of the button - except the Bronco will ask you when you first start up if you want to return to Sport mode if you shut it down in that mode. So that's something.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Those arenā€™t GOAT mode changes. The eco, dynamic and sport he has listed for each graph are changes to the DTE box he has installed. Itā€™s basically like having a JB4 installed on a Bronco, which explains why thereā€™s a power increase for each setting.

Ford Bronco ECO Mode deleted via Forscan! Finally. IMG_2326
this makes alot more sense

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any chance of understanding how you disable eco? I cannot find guidance on the code chages.
You need to update the forscan to one of the newest versions and then go to the ABS Module in the easy mode. It's in one of the menus.
Sponsored