John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hike the gorge every other Friday. I’d be up to tag along on some trails at Slade soon if you’re going. PM me if you care to.
We're going this Sunday,,, 5 Broncos right now. Feel free to join us.
Sponsored

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for the invite, I am out Sunday but am in for a future ride. Looking forward to it!
No problem. Feel free to join Central Kentucky Bronco Owners FB page,,, I post up rides there. Frank and I usually ride together when our schedules work out.

Anxious to see your pics after spring install on you Wildtrak. Looking forward to seeing Frank's in person on Sunday. I have the springs showing arrival on Monday.

Reactions: 1IH

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What did you pay for the install if you don't mind saying..

I am contemplating either buying the real deal spring compressor or paying someone to install the springs on my new Bilsteins.. It just pains me to spend $200 on labor for less than an hours worth of work.
They charged me 128$ which I thought was high for just two struts plus they didn’t even do them right. If you take them somewhere make sure you mark the strut for them with the correct orientation of the top hat so you don’t have a problem putting them back on.

The rear struts were super easy to compress and I was able to do the spring swap very fast without issues getting them to fit on. Took me 35min per each side to do the rear starting with all 4 tires on the ground. That’s taking strut off,swapping the spring and reinstalling everything. Wish the fronts were as quick and easy.

This is the 2nd spring compressor I got to do the rears which worked really good.
Hromee Coil Spring Compressor Tool, Heavy Duty Strut Spring Compressor with Safety Guard and Carrying Case https://a.co/d/i25xj41

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very interested to see how these turn out for everybody. Was about to buy perch collars then these came out. Just waiting to see how it sits and rides before pulling the trigger.

Sponsored

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well mine won't be done until early next week now. My shop got rears done easy enough but they couldn't get the front springs with either a wall mount or floor compressor 🙄 not sure what the deal was since I wasn't there though.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very interested to see how these turn out for everybody. Was about to buy perch collars then these came out. Just waiting to see how it sits and rides before pulling the trigger.
I agree, im waiting to see how a two door works out. Even with a one inch kit on the front of mine it is not level do to the winch and plate.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those more knowledgeable of the front suspension, is there anything that would prevent me from changing the springs this way on Bronco? It looks like I would just have to disconnect the LCA and sway bar before lowering and removing the shock, but I don’t want to be missing something before I jump in.

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3358

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those more knowledgeable of the front suspension, is there anything that would prevent me from changing the springs this way on Bronco? It looks like I would just have to disconnect the LCA and sway bar before lowering and removing the shock, but I don’t want to be missing something before I jump in.

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3358
What you have in mind will work well. It’s very simple to do actually. There are several YouTubes doing it this way.
Easier than the Toyota example.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you have in mind will work well. It’s very simple to do actually. There are several YouTubes doing it this way.
Easier than the Toyota example.
Are there YouTubes showing it being done on Bronco? I didn’t see any of those. Thanks.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
this one shows dropping the LCAs.

Dropping the lower arms was far easier for me than trying to take apart tie rod and axle. If you have a regular sway bar it is easy to drop to get the rear bolts out. I put my electronic sway bar disconnect on a set of jack stands just a few inches back and down--- super easy. I wish I never tried taking the tie rod/axle apart.

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They charged me 128$ which I thought was high for just two struts plus they didn’t even do them right. If you take them somewhere make sure you mark the strut for them with the correct orientation of the top hat so you don’t have a problem putting them back on.

The rear struts were super easy to compress and I was able to do the spring swap very fast without issues getting them to fit on. Took me 35min per each side to do the rear starting with all 4 tires on the ground. That’s taking strut off,swapping the spring and reinstalling everything. Wish the fronts were as quick and easy.

This is the 2nd spring compressor I got to do the rears which worked really good.
Hromee Coil Spring Compressor Tool, Heavy Duty Strut Spring Compressor with Safety Guard and Carrying Case https://a.co/d/i25xj41
Do you think this spring compressor would have worked with the front springs?

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you think this spring compressor would have worked with the front springs?
I’m not sure if it would or not it’s a pretty tall spring to compress down.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve got around 300 miles now on the springs. On road they are really good a little softer than the factory Sasquatch springs it’s a pretty smooth ride. I had 1.25 perch collars before these springs and I kinda like the firmness they added because it made the bronco feel more sporty to drive on the road. My wife likes the new springs because it’s a softer ride I guess this is more of a personal preference.

Off road they did great too I didn’t notice any harshness going over bumps or coming down ledges and off camber situations felt fine too. In full disclosure my passenger side front has a clunk going over choppy stuff like ruff gravel roads but I’ve discovered the shop that installed the front springs for me left a spacer off the shock shaft and I’m 100% sure that’s where the noise is coming from and reason why I have that noise. The other 3 struts are quiet no noise. I’m going to take it back off and put the spacer back on. Overall I guess I’m happy with them It did add some lift I was just hoping for a little more than what I got.

The two door behind me had factory 35s and a 1” level. Left him in the video for comparison to show the height of the obstacle.

Sponsored