First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I received my spings today. 2dr 2.7 . Can anyone confirm I can compress the the front struts with auto parts rental tools or just the rear?
Thx
Do you value your head and like where it is currently located on your body?
Sponsored

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received my spings today. 2dr 2.7 . Can anyone confirm I can compress the the front struts with auto parts rental tools or just the rear?
Thx
No way the rental threaded rod style would safely do the fronts. I have a specialty products 40260 and it easily handled the job on all 4.

Teewsda

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No way the rental threaded rod style would safely do the fronts. I have a specialty products 40260 and it easily handled the job on all 4.
Thanks for the info.

Teewsda

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im guessing you
These ?

Screenshot_20221120-190125_Chrome.jpg
That's the one. I'm not sure if you've ever used one before but make sure you space the compressors 180 apart and tighten the tabs. They can slide towards each other if you're not careful. Also leave yourself enough travel in the tool to completely release the old spring once it's out of the strut.

20221119_134622.jpg

Sponsored

Teewsda

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the one. I'm not sure if you've ever used one before but make sure you space the compressors 180 apart and tighten the tabs. They can slide towards each other if you're not careful. Also leave yourself enough travel in the tool to completely release the old spring once it's out of the strut.

20221119_134622.jpg
I appreciate ur advice. I called a local 4x4 shop and they will do for $100 a pair removed. I believe I will let them do the fronts the after I mark them.

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I appreciate ur advice. I called a local 4x4 shop and they will do for $100 a pair removed. I believe I will let them do the fronts the after I mark them.

Fair enough. Provided you have the proper tool the fronts are no more difficult than the rear IMHO. I followed others advise on here and removed the front struts by dropping the lower control arm. I found this method to be pretty easy. The only thing I would add is there is no need to remove the skid plates. I left them in and it was a non issue.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As for the tire pressure Q&A earlier - I do have a very good friend who works in the tire industry and he said that most (if not all) 35 size tires have a "cold Pressure" of 35psi MAX. This is for proper treadwear and comfort. The 39psi rating from FORD is that they are assuming that you will be towing or putting heavier loads on top (or inside) the vehicle and that psi is a good "medium" for on-road stability. I had my tires at 39 as well when i FIRST got the Bronco and did so for like 3 weeks....then lowered it.....and lowered it. Now I'm at 33psi COLD.

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would suggest lowering your tire pressure to about 32 if you are on stock sas tires. If you run the higher pressure, you will start noticing earlier wear on the center tread.
This x10 for sure. I ran mine at the recommended pressures, and they were absolutely smoked in the middle in less than 7k miles. I definitely second that 32 psi number.

batmanskier

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door Sas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thx
Will you post some pictures when you get these installed? Looking for input as a 2 door 2.7L owner also.

Sponsored

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This x10 for sure. I ran mine at the recommended pressures, and they were absolutely smoked in the middle in less than 7k miles. I definitely second that 32 psi number.
I've been running mine at 32-33 cold for over 20k km as well. No issues with abnormal tire wear and it feels a lot more comfortable.

Teewsda

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fair enough. Provided you have the proper tool the fronts are no more difficult than the rear IMHO. I followed others advise on here and removed the front struts by dropping the lower control arm. I found this method to be pretty easy. The only thing I would add is there is no need to remove the skid plates. I left them in and it was a non issue.

I decided you were right. I was able to get Summit racing to price match the tool and picked it up yesterday.
Quick jack just gets the rear tires off the ground. Perfect.
That spring compressor works great, didn't feel life threatening once.
Gained at least 2" in front even with steel bumper/ winch plate .(coming from plastic on Base model.)
1.5 in back. Almost level now and higher!
20221121_105435.jpg

20221121_105458.jpg

20221121_105501.jpg

20221121_120141.jpg

16691454968661614411442070773617.jpg

Last edited:

Teewsda

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

did you put the Eibach Pro lift kit on? That looks great. How's the ride compared to stock?
Yes. I have only take a short test drive. I need to get an alignment in the morning but so far I haven't noticed much difference from sas springs hard to tell yet.
Sponsored