First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not the first to do it, but I finally got it done and put together a video that will hopefully help some others.

Before you ask why didn't I just order a Badlands, I DID. Ford took 19 months to build it and in the mean time I bought the closest thing I could find to my build on a lot, which was a Wildtrak. Ford didn't build the Badlands I ordered for another 7 months, and my mom ended up buying it. So in a way I now have both. However MY Bronco still didn't have the one option I wanted, so I added it.

And for the inevitable "why not do manual disconnects" response, 1. I've had manual disconnects on like 20 Jeeps. They suck. They are a pain in the ass to hook up after wheeling, and on a Jeep they are readily accessible, unlike the Bronco. 2. Because I wanted it this way.

For the other inevitable question, I didn't just remove my sway bar because I actually like how my Bronco drives on the street. I wanted to retain the on-road manners, and improve the off-road manners. For me it was worth the money. I hope some others will see it the same way, and that this will help them.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done (y) .
I'm actually trying to find a way to delete it without throwing any codes.

OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, are you coming out to the Moab Meet up in April 29th- May 4th (Formally/ or might still be Bronco Safari) ?
No idea, but I do love Moab. Unfortunately my schedule is never made more than a month in advance so I won't know for a while yet.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea, but I do love Moab. Unfortunately my schedule is never made more than a month in advance so I won't know for a while yet.
Sorry replied to the wrong window
anon.gif
. But come on out 🤠

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm about to watch the video, but have a question: Why not the AntiRocks or Carli sway bar?

Sponsored
OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't seen the Carli one, but the anti rock would have been my second choice. I've run them on a number of jeeps and almost every competition vehicle, and they are awesome. I'm also a rock jock dealer so that would have been an easy purchase. That said, they tend to be on the softer side, at least on jeeps. I haven't driven a Bronco with one, but I really wanted the stiffness of the stock bar on the road.

Also, i started this project quite a while ago. Before the rock jock one was available i believe.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen the Carli one, but the anti rock would have been my second choice. I've run them on a number of jeeps and almost every competition vehicle, and they are awesome. I'm also a rock jock dealer so that would have been an easy purchase. That said, they tend to be on the softer side, at least on jeeps. I haven't driven a Bronco with one, but I really wanted the stiffness of the stock bar on the road.

Also, i started this project quite a while ago. Before the rock jock one was available i believe.
Famous last words, right? Great video, it's just funny you're kinda doing the opposite of what I want. I think it's easier to add than remove, since removing you have to convince the computer to be ok it's not there anymore. I'll wait until it goes out and not covered by warranty, but I want the AntiRock.

This is the Carli I was talking about:

https://www.carlisuspension.com/pro...d-bronco/21-23-bronco-front-torsion-sway-bar/

There's also Walker Links, which look interesting:

https://www.boss4x4.com/product-p/bb8-wl.htm

Redcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition, 2020 Escape, 1970 Galaxie XL Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not the first to do it, but I finally got it done and put together a video that will hopefully help some others.

Before you ask why didn't I just order a Badlands, I DID. Ford took 19 months to build it and in the mean time I bought the closest thing I could find to my build on a lot, which was a Wildtrak. Ford didn't build the Badlands I ordered for another 7 months, and my mom ended up buying it. So in a way I now have both. However MY Bronco still didn't have the one option I wanted, so I added it.

And for the inevitable "why not do manual disconnects" response, 1. I've had manual disconnects on like 20 Jeeps. They suck. They are a pain in the ass to hook up after wheeling, and on a Jeep they are readily accessible, unlike the Bronco. 2. Because I wanted it this way.

For the other inevitable question, I didn't just remove my sway bar because I actually like how my Bronco drives on the street. I wanted to retain the on-road manners, and improve the off-road manners. For me it was worth the money. I hope some others will see it the same way, and that this will help them.

Looks great! Skid plates are also perfect. Anyway to add and incorporate the factory dash switch to operate it?

OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The factory dash switch is really a computer button, rather than a traditional toggle switch. To make it work would take some programming and probably more complex wiring along with the sensors. Basically the vehicle would have to be programed as a badlands.

After taking it wheeling this weekend i like it much better this way than with the computer limiting when you're allowed to disconnect. I disconnect at the beginning of the trail and it stays disconnected no matter what mode I'm in or how fast i go. It actually greatly improves the ride over bumpy dirt roads and washboard.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks like a pretty simple install. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Could you please elaborate on how the electronic sway bar works with the upfitter switch? Since it's just a simple on/off switch and not the computer button, it feeds power to the solenoid only when it's in ON position. Does the sway bar stay connected when the switch is in ON position and does it disconnect when you flip the switch to OFF?

2. Can it be safely connected to switch #2, or 15A is not enough?

Sponsored
OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's the other way around. The sway bar defaults to being connected when no power is supplied. Turning the switch ON disconnects the sway bar. I don't know how much power the solenoids draw, but they are using the same gauge of wire as all the upfitter switches so I'm not too afraid of burning anything up. It's all fused anyways. I chose switch 1 more because I like the location than because of power draw, but also figured the bigger circuit was the safe choice.

cat69man

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Dr. Bronco Sasquatch, 2022 Roadglide Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

cat69man

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Dr. Bronco Sasquatch, 2022 Roadglide Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dallas,
I too have a WT and wanted the sway bar disconnect option. I too am too old to get under the thing but nice job, Do you have the Ford part number? I didn't see it posted along with the plug you found.

Thanks, Ed

OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The part number and ebay link are in the YouTube video description.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for doing this write up. I'm swapping the sway bar into a wild track soon. I was able to get an electronic sway bar disconnect for only $100 shipped to my doorstep from LKQ.
Sponsored