Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please update after your visit to the dealer. After a couple of days with my doors off(and after posting on this thread...), I am getting the same messages/warnings popping up. I just ignore them and drive normal and they go away, but if there is some easy fix at the root of it, i'd like to know.
I got these errors without having the doors off and driving at freeway speed. The door-off issues seem like something to do with the computer. When it initially happened to me, I went home and disconnected the battery and reseated all fuses, but it still had errors. That's when I knew it was a sensor problem and required a dealer visit. OP let us know how it goes.
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Scan to see what codes you get. If you have Forscan good chance it might point you to the right direction. Also, I would check for loose grounds at the under hood fuse box as that has been a known issue to cause error messages.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got these errors without having the doors off and driving at freeway speed. The door-off issues seem like something to do with the computer. When it initially happened to me, I went home and disconnected the battery and reseated all fuses, but it still had errors. That's when I knew it was a sensor problem and required a dealer visit. OP let us know how it goes.
I have only seen these with the doors off, so its just some computer glitch. I really hope that it doesn't continue when I do put the doors back on.
The only Warning I get in Fordpass app is "Hill Start Assist Warning". Nothing for all the other messages that pop up. If I could just eliminate Hill Start Assist and not have any messages at all, I would be OK with that! Wonder if that is possible with Forscan?

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got these on Day 2 when braking in a parking lot (not a hard brake or anything). Parked, got our Rita's, got back in & lights were still then after restarting. By the time i left the parking lot they cleared and have not seen them since. Doors were on. Here is another reference to a similar scenario: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/abs-malfunction.22336/

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got these errors once after sitting in the car with just accessory power and driver door open. After starting the car and driving away all the error messages came on but went away. Still had the hill assist warning in my app. Nothing has happened since or I would have taken the Bronco in.
glad you posted this, I got these after sitting in the vehicle with they key and power off.

Sponsored

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happened to me again this time when changing lanes on highway...again, they all reset after arriving at our destination, having the car off for about 10 mins, then restarting. Don't want to go for strike 3 so having it checked by dealer tomorrow. Will provide update on what they do

***EDIT: Dealer could not find an issue. Said no codes, took it on a test drive, couldn't duplicate. I even gave them the print out of an item that linked it to a loose ABS sensor and showed them the messages i got in FordPass. Didn't sound like they wanted to check the connections.

Last edited:

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently battling with the dealer over this. They "Can't reproduce it". - to which I replied, "How about I take your kids wheeling where I NEED the lockers then and see if it happens since you seem to think it's OK for my family?"

I have like 8 occurrences in the Ford pass app, so I know a specific part (Right rear ABS sensor) is throwing a code. Service Advisor gave me a verbal OK that he would replace that sensor.

It mostly happens on-road, but did happen off road once which only resulted in an inconvenience not being able to take a shortcut since the lockers won't engage when the dash is in full on out Christmas tree mode. I've not had the doors off yet, but will once it cool enough.

OP
OP
ATX_Bronco

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently battling with the dealer over this. They "Can't reproduce it". - to which I replied, "How about I take your kids wheeling where I NEED the lockers then and see if it happens since you seem to think it's OK for my family?"

I have like 8 occurrences in the Ford pass app, so I know a specific part (Right rear ABS sensor) is throwing a code. Service Advisor gave me a verbal OK that he would replace that sensor.

It mostly happens on-road, but did happen off road once which only resulted in an inconvenience not being able to take a shortcut since the lockers won't engage when the dash is in full on out Christmas tree mode. I've not had the doors off yet, but will once it cool enough.

I was told the same thing "We can't seem to reproduce the error" I have proof in the app as well. They just shrug and say there isn't anything they can do.
Sponsored