Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N, 1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So has anyone successfully wired up a set of Baja Design lights to work with the factory fog light switch? My Badlands is being built this week with the capable bumper and I already have a BAMF bumper with Baja Designs S4 Pro and S2 Sports on it. I would like to wire up the S2s to the factory fog light switch if possible.

Advertisement

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So has anyone successfully wired up a set of Baja Design lights to work with the factory fog light switch? My Badlands is being built this week with the capable bumper and I already have a BAMF bumper with Baja Designs S4 Pro and S2 Sports on it. I would like to wire up the S2s to the factory fog light switch if possible.
Yes I wired up my BD fog lights to the factory wiring

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I wired up my BD fog lights to the factory wiring
Sweet. Do you happen to know the amp rating on that circuit? The S4s draw a decent amount and the S2s are negligible. Just trying to decide which one I want to wire to the fog light switch and which ones I need to wire to the aux switch.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet. Do you happen to know the amp rating on that circuit? The S4s draw a decent amount and the S2s are negligible. Just trying to decide which one I want to wire to the fog light switch and which ones I need to wire to the aux switch.
I honestly forget. They are 16 gauge wires so at least 10 amps. I run the S4's off them as a daily. There is no physical fuse. Part of the modernization of these vehicles is that a lot of these circuits are controlled by FET and just measure power draw to determine if a circuit is overloaded. Basically it's a software breaker switch, pretty neat actually. This would be the limit and I don't know what it's set at.

For reference though the 25A Upfitter is an 18 gauge wire

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly forget. They are 16 gauge wires so at least 10 amps. I run the S4's off them as a daily. There is no physical fuse. Part of the modernization of these vehicles is that a lot of these circuits are controlled by FET and just measure power draw to determine if a circuit is overloaded. Basically it's a software breaker switch, pretty neat actually. This would be the limit and I don't know what it's set at.

Thats good to know. I bought the driving/combo S4s so that would be the good one to wire up to the factory switch

Advertisement

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a heads up. I ordered the part number M2DZ11654DA, single fog light with puddle lamps and I received a part number M2DZ11654DB, but it looks exactly the same as the part number that I ordered
Same exact part but the "DB" represents the latest revision.

LanCar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately not, that looks like C1021 for the headlight.

However! The one to the right of it is in fact C192 (almost positive) It's hard to lock in exactly the colors on that but it's the right connector style and size for C192 and in the location it should be.
Has anyone been able to determine if the Base model has the necessary wiring and/or the C192 connector?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone been able to determine if the Base model has the necessary wiring and/or the C192 connector?
Not to my knowledge. Someone would have to go spelunking. I don’t have access to a Base model that I can freely poke around in

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From where are you getting the amp ratings for the upfitters? The information I have no longer refers to a 25A switch.

Identifying the Auxiliary Switch Wiring

1.5 mm^2 = 16 AWG
0.75 mm^2 = 18 AWG

Identifying the Auxiliary Switch Wiring.png

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Advertisement

LanCar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a big bend with factory fogs. But on modular bumper. Here are some picks of the factory wire harness for the fogs. Also what it's plugged into. Hope this helps some.
IMG_20220307_125647.jpg
IMG_20220307_125656.jpg
IMG_20220307_125740.jpg
IMG_20220307_125844.jpg
IMG_20220307_130839.jpg
IMG_20220307_130329.jpg
IMG_20220307_131523.jpg
On the above pic that shows the connector and where it plugs into the harness, could you tell me where it is physically located? I would like to see if I can locate it without taking the front end apart.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the above pic that shows the connector and where it plugs into the harness, could you tell me where it is physically located? I would like to see if I can locate it without taking the front end apart.
It's directly below and to the right if the driver side headlight. If you look up from under the truck you'll see it. Or if you look we're the front fender meets the front painted fascia(below grille) it's in that area.

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. Someone else mentioned Forscan, but if I have the modular bumper with the wiring already in place will it work if I connect the wiring? Sorry if the answer is buried in the thread here somewhere.
Advertisement