drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll try this, but I think the system runs a self check and checks the resistance in the micro switches in the seat belts....once the switches are removed then I get a restrains with seat belt and airbags in icon warning light, this is different than the "put your seat belt on "light.

It's the yellow one I'm trying to omit.

20220429_212934.jpg
The yellow you’re talking is a pyro device (belt pre-tensioner) and the correct resistance to fake it out should be around 2 to 3 ohms.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to have to restore my BCM module and start over...
Something weird going on with my turn signals now...
Didn't do it earlier today or yesterday, but tonight, I put a signal on, and after a few normal flashes, it's goes into double-time, hyper flash! Wtf!
🤷
Edit: just noticed today rear passenger signal light working/not working

Restored BCM from backup and Re-wrote the tables (and the chimes off bits) and so far, everything is back to working as usual.
Flipping the wrong bits of making an easy mistake can have serious and weird consequences!

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JUST noticed switching on the rear fog turns off the high beams.... Interesting
Must be tied to the fogs allowed with high beam. Mine does not shut off the brights.

LAB0035

Badlands
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes you technically could. What I'm MORE curious about is the factory fog light switch.

So naturally Ford is not going to have a separate assembly line for HD Modular bumper trucks, and have a completely different wiring/dash, right? Soooo the trucks that have the plastic bumper with the factory fogs, they have a fog light switch I assume on the dash, right? What happens with a modular bumper truck? Is the factory fog light switch still there, but does nothing (which is weird) or did they remove it and put a DIFFERENT switch in? And what kind is it? Is there a blank plate there (like on the Tacomas, where they put a blank plate there).

Worst comes to worse you put an aftermarket rocker switch where that blank plate went (or get the factory one somehow, when you can get Ford parts, and wire it in to a relay as you stated). That frees up 1 upfitter since you now use a "factory" location for the fog.

Then you could do what you said, link the 2x S2 pairs to 1 upfitter (or use 2 upfitters so they are on their own, i mean choice is yours really).

The two trucks that stopped by our shop today both had modular bumpers and I never thought to check where the factory fog WOULD go. I should have! Next time for sure.

I actually like where you are going with this. WHY tie up an upfitter for a "fog" light that'll usually be on (on my raptor I always have an upfitter turned on for my fog light, it does seem pointless).

Naturally let us me know when you are ready to pull the trigger on that Baja kit and we'll hook you up
Does anyone have the Ford part # for the Factory headlight switch that has the Foglight push button option. I checked with my local dealer parts dept and they claim there is 8 different headlight switchs for the Bronco and they Need the last 8 numbers of the Vin to get the right switch

Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have the Ford part # for the Factory headlight switch that has the Foglight push button option. I checked with my local dealer parts dept and they claim there is 8 different headlight switchs for the Bronco and they Need the last 8 numbers of the Vin to get the right switch
I used part# ML3Z-11654-DA for the factory headlight switch with fog button. It does require switching out the left module buttons with the ones on your current switch but it's easy to do and there is info further back in this thread on how to do that.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the new light switch with the fog light button... thanks @flip ! I'm about to order the BD kit and then will go through Forscan to enable. Question though. Can I go ahead and hook up the new switch without the fog lights and enabling or will it through codes somehow?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the new light switch with the fog light button... thanks @flip ! I'm about to order the BD kit and then will go through Forscan to enable. Question though. Can I go ahead and hook up the new switch without the fog lights and enabling or will it through codes somehow?
I don't think it will cause any problems. I've been wrong before and plan to be wrong again. Install it, use it for several days then shoot me the VIN and I'll check VHR.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did and it didn't cause any problems.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it will cause any problems. I've been wrong before and plan to be wrong again. Install it, use it for several days then shoot me the VIN and I'll check VHR.
Took literally 50 seconds. Lol. All functions work seamlessly. So we'll see in a few days of it throws a code. By the way, perfect replacement. Even had the mirror light buttons vs some that have gotten the gas and trunk button. So I didn't have to switch out the buttons!
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch PhotoGrid_1651785449875

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took literally 50 seconds. Lol. All functions work seamlessly. So we'll see in a few days of it throws a code. By the way, perfect replacement. Even had the mirror light buttons vs some that have gotten the gas and trunk button. So I didn't have to switch out the buttons!
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch PhotoGrid_1651785449875
I think it you run a diagnostic scan, it'll mention the fog lights to electrical to ground issue or something, but you don't get any MIL's or anything.

IndyBD

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can someone please confirm the single fog light switch w/o puddle lights?

Someone posted M2DZ-11654-BA, but then someone came back and said that was the dual front/rear switch which does seem to be the case for BA & BB.

Or could I just get the single with puddle lights and then just use the bezel from the original to remove puddle switches?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did and it didn't cause any problems.
Did you go ahead and enable fog lights before installing. Afraid my 2 months of forscan will expire prior to getting lights and would like to go ahead and enable them just incase...

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go ahead and enable fog lights before installing. Afraid my 2 months of forscan will expire prior to getting lights and would like to go ahead and enable them just incase...
All I did was put the switch in. Later (maybe 2 weeks) I made the changes once I changed out my bumper and lights.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So for a base bronco with mod bumper has anyone figured out what wires to tap to make the factory fog light switch work?
Sponsored