First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks Phil. I’m terrible at electrical. I’ll get around to this one of these days…
Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the headlights are not actually on when they’re in auto (not dark out) you won’t be able to turn on the fog lights by hitting the button.
This seems really odd behavior. I found this out today for the first time. Very foggy in Portland but somehow not dark enough to trigger the automatic lights, and I could not figure out why the fog lights wouldn't turn on.

Finally figured out I had to turn my headlights "on" to be able to turn on the fogs. Really odd...

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a badlands luxe and was easily able to locate the front foglight wiring and activate it through forscan, using the updgraded headlight button with front/rear foglights... my next project is to figure out the rear foglight wire - I crawled under the drivers side rear bumper, where I heard I'd be able to find some mysterious blue/white wire to tap into for the rear fog - but I don't see any wiring back there.. does anyone have more specific info on the location of this wire for the rear foglight wiring?

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally. Done. Got the front fog light switch going to a pair of amber lights in the front. I added the diode dynamic reverse pod bracket with ssc1 pros. The wiring ties into factory tail/brake reverse lights so when my headlight are on, the red backlight is on low. When I hit brakes, the red gets brighter. When I put it in reverse, the white comes on in full power (zone lighting also turns them on). The kicker is that there’s a separate trigger input to turn on the white lights without being in reverse. I tapped into the white/blue wire in the door sill and ran that to the trigger wire. So I can turn on the white lights without being in reverse by hitting the rear fog light button. And the front/rear fog light icons on the dash work as expected.

5D35A333-721E-43A2-AC7F-3640F202EE7B.jpeg

AF7EB947-BBB2-4BF0-B749-617451E37050.jpeg

525E6363-3561-4B4C-BF6C-7DFF972317F0.jpeg

730AEA4C-583F-45E6-B08E-EA530CA6298A.jpeg

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This seems really odd behavior. I found this out today for the first time. Very foggy in Portland but somehow not dark enough to trigger the automatic lights, and I could not figure out why the fog lights wouldn't turn on.

Finally figured out I had to turn my headlights "on" to be able to turn on the fogs. Really odd...
This is actually very normal. That’s the whole reason it has a separate setting for turning headlights on manually.
There is no reason to run fog lights with DRL’s. If it’s foggy out you should have your headlights on to begin with.

That being said, there might be a setting in forscan to use fogs with DRL’s , Just a thought. I haven’t looked for it because it seems unnecessary IMO.

cparksjr

Badlands
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Ford F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally. Done. Got the front fog light switch going to a pair of amber lights in the front. I added the diode dynamic reverse pod bracket with ssc1 pros. The wiring ties into factory tail/brake reverse lights so when my headlight are on, the red backlight is on low. When I hit brakes, the red gets brighter. When I put it in reverse, the white comes on in full power (zone lighting also turns them on). The kicker is that there’s a separate trigger input to turn on the white lights without being in reverse. I tapped into the white/blue wire in the door sill and ran that to the trigger wire. So I can turn on the white lights without being in reverse by hitting the rear fog light button. And the front/rear fog light icons on the dash work as expected.

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 730AEA4C-583F-45E6-B08E-EA530CA6298A

Since I don’t have Aux switches I used the rear for my ditch lights and front for my light bar. I’ve not yet decided if I’m going add the factory switches (I’d prefer that) or Aux beam 8 switch pod and have more circuits available at 1/3 the cost.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I don’t have Aux switches I used the rear for my ditch lights and front for my light bar. I’ve not yet decided if I’m going add the factory switches (I’d prefer that) or Aux beam 8 switch pod and have more circuits available at 1/3 the cost.
Look into the Trigger Six-Shooter - allows you to add switches and circuits without running any wires through the firewall - I had one in my truck that I had prior to the Bronco. it's still sitting in my garage actually LOL .. you can control your circuits either with your phone and/or the wireless rocker switch setup (which operates via bluetooth).

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

5D35A333-721E-43A2-AC7F-3640F202EE7B.jpeg

AF7EB947-BBB2-4BF0-B749-617451E37050.jpeg
Wow. You win. This is exactly how I would like to get mine setup.

I saw this and figured that's what I would need to get the rear setup like that:

https://www.stickerfab.com/products...iliary-switches-reverse-on-demand-2021-bronco

Sponsored

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. You win. This is exactly how I would like to get mine setup.

I saw this and figured that's what I would need to get the rear setup like that:

https://www.stickerfab.com/products...iliary-switches-reverse-on-demand-2021-bronco

Thanks - I'm very happy with how this all came together. Diode Dynamics is doing a 20% off sale right now - so it's good timing to buy - this is the kit I used.. if you follow the instructions earlier in this thread, you can see the instructions for upgrading your headlight switch to include the fog light button(s), and how to activate them through forscan - which is what I did. Then, the Diode Dynamics kit makes it easy to set up the trigger wire from the foglight button to activate the rear facing white lights.
https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-reverse-light-kit-for-2021-2022-ford-bronco.html

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look into the Trigger Six-Shooter - allows you to add switches and circuits without running any wires through the firewall - I had one in my truck that I had prior to the Bronco. it's still sitting in my garage actually LOL .. you can control your circuits either with your phone and/or the wireless rocker switch setup (which operates via bluetooth).
Not sure I’m ready to get that fancy lol. I believe the aux beam setup is just the one cable
For the controller that you have to pass thru the firewall. I know RC has a setup too but they are geared towards the jeep interior.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

has anyone tried this on a bronco yet? in reviewing the comments on the YT video, it sounds like you don't even need to cut the gray wire, you can just jump 1-2.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks - I'm very happy with how this all came together. Diode Dynamics is doing a 20% off sale right now - so it's good timing to buy - this is the kit I used.. if you follow the instructions earlier in this thread, you can see the instructions for upgrading your headlight switch to include the fog light button(s), and how to activate them through forscan - which is what I did. Then, the Diode Dynamics kit makes it easy to set up the trigger wire from the foglight button to activate the rear facing white lights.
https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-reverse-light-kit-for-2021-2022-ford-bronco.html
Good to know the kit comes with the necessary wiring. I plan to either cut some holes in my bumper or upgrade the bumper one of these days to mount a set. Cheers.

CharlesC2010

Wildtrak
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 / 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have read through this entire thread and I'm still confused...
I have a 22 Wildtrak Mid Package with Mod Bumper (no front sensors).
I ordered the single front fog light switch, but haven't installed it just yet because when I went to find the factory wiring down at the bumper, I can't find the connector.
How do I utilize the new factory switch if the wiring is not already there?
Can I wire directly into the new switch somehow?
I also saw a purple with grey stripe wire that has heat shrink on the end at the top of the engine bay right next to the top of the grille. Is that a wire for one of the upfitter switches?
I thought they were all bundled up at the back of the bay next to the brake booster.
Any help is much appreciated!
Sponsored