Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I enabled/allowed these three settings in Forscan:

IPC module- Rear Fog Light Indicator - changed from Disabled to Enabled
BdyCM module - Rear Fog Lamps - changed from Disabled to Enabled
BdyCM module - Using Rear Fog with Trailer - changed from Inhibited to Allowed

With those three Forscan changes in place my rear fogs will turn on with my headlights on and the rear fog indicator light will illuminate the dash.

This worked for me with the fog light lead wire connected to Pin 3 the CLS37 (WH-BU) wire. The White - Blue wire in the C424 connector. See posts from me on pg 70 and/or this awesome post from @Chritaka https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/page-71#post-2015340
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lordsandy

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi
I’ve ordered the double fog light switch along with these rear lights from DD.
They will come on when in reverse but you can also tie them into a switch to have on when you want. Hoping there is a way to use the rear fog light switch and connector??
Thanks!

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_5237

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi
I’ve ordered the double fog light switch along with these rear lights from DD.
They will come on when in reverse but you can also tie them into a switch to have on when you want. Hoping there is a way to use the rear fog light switch and connector??
Thanks!

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_5237
Do you have a link to these?

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I swear I looked multiple times in this thread - can't find it...

is this the factory fog harness? Driver's side looking in ...

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch Image20231214125100

I have 3 rigid radiance scene in there. I just also bought this:
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch Image20231214125453

First up - wiring one set of the fogs on each side to the factory front fog switch.

so, locating the factory fog harness is going to be important. Thanks for any help!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First up - wiring one set of the fogs on each side to the factory front fog switch.

so, locating the factory fog harness is going to be important. Thanks for any help!
No, that’s not it. Remove the plastic covers around the tow hook brackets and you’ll see the connectors.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No just remove the plastic shroud around your tow hook. Real easy. Then look on the bottom underneath the tow hook. You'll see the harness taped there.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted to chime in here again, like I usually do, and offer some more guidance/help with folks. We've been getting a lot of customers ordering the WRONG harnesses.

So we make a few different pigtails. Plastic/Capable bumpers AND Modular Bumpers. You need to make sure you order the CORRECT HARNESS.

There IS a difference

PLASTIC/CAPABLE BUMPER TRUCKS
If the truck came with fogs from the factory, the connector is H11. We sell the following pigtails

CrystaLux WP 2-Pin to H11 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/Plastic or Capable Bumper)
These are for lights that utilize a WP 2-Pin Connector (Baja Designs)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...2021-ford-bronco-w-plastic-or-capable-bumper/
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1702581820290

Diode Dynamics Deutsch DT Adapter Wires, H11/H8/H9/800/881 (Pair)
These are for Lights that utilize a DT 2-Pin connector (Diode Dynamics SS3 without backlighting)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-deutsch-dt-adapter-wires-h11-h8-h9-800-881-pair/
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1702581855782

Diode Dynamics Deutsch DT Adapter Wires w/Backlight Tap, H11/H8/H9/880/881 (Pair)
These are for lights that utilize a DT 4-Pin Connector (Diode Dynamics SSC1, SSC2 and SS3 with back lighting)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...wires-w-backlight-tap-h11-h8-h9-880-881-pair/
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1702581930069

NOW, with that out of the way... onto the topic at hand.

MODULAR BUMPERS
The factory pigtail will be under the tow hook. Remove the plastic shroud around the tow hook and look inside that opening, on the bottom. You'll see the connector taped in there. This has a DUMMY PLUG on it. Soo make sure you remove that dummy plug. Then you can utilize FORSCAN to enable the circuit AND buy the proper fog light switch (lots of info in here about that).

We offer a bunch of different pigtails for this as follows:

CrystaLux WP 2-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)
These are for WP 2-Pin lights (like the Baja Designs)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1702582036315

CrystaLux DT 2-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)
These will be for DT 2-Pin connector lights (such as the Diode Dynamics SS3 without back lighting)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1702582064965

CrystaLux DT 4-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)
Finally these have a DT 4-pin connector (Diode Dynamics SSC1, SSC2 and SS3 with backlighting)

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1702582090864

If you have the DT 4-pin pigtails, you'll have a control wire hanging off the harness. This is for the back-light. Many of our customers simply tap this wire onto their man fog light harness (as they usually get a triple fog light kit from us). This way you don't have to run any wires anywhere. Tap the purple wire on the pigtail onto the backlight control wire on the triple fog light harness from us.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE
If your truck came with a plastic/capable bumper and you decide to upgrade to a Modular bumper DO NOT buy the "Modular" pigtails. YES, we know you now have a modular bumper but your factory wiring is that of a plastic/capable bumper.

Also. IF you upgrade to a modular from a plastic/capable MAKE SURE you take your wiring harness OFF your old bumper and transfer it to your NEW bumper. That's VERY important.

Many customers don't realize you'll need to keep your factory harness which is ATTACHED to the bumper. There is a connector on the driver side underneath the headlight that is plugs into.

So keep that in mind. Just because you upgraded to a modular bumper does NOT mean you buy "pigtails" for a modular bumper... because you still have a plastic/capable bumper wiring harness.

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted to chime in here again, like I usually do, and offer some more guidance/help with folks. We've been getting a lot of customers ordering the WRONG harnesses.

So we make a few different pigtails. Plastic/Capable bumpers AND Modular Bumpers. You need to make sure you order the CORRECT HARNESS.

There IS a difference

If the truck came with fogs from the factory, the connector is H11. We sell the following pigtails

CrystaLux WP 2-Pin to H11 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/Plastic or Capable Bumper)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...2021-ford-bronco-w-plastic-or-capable-bumper/

These are for Lights that utilize a DT 2-Pin connector (Diode Dynamics SS3 without backlighting)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-deutsch-dt-adapter-wires-h11-h8-h9-800-881-pair/

Diode Dynamics Deutsch DT Adapter Wires w/Backlight Tap, H11/H8/H9/880/881 (Pair)
These are for lights that utilize a DT 4-Pin Connector (Diode Dynamics SSC1, SSC2 and SS3 with back lighting)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...wires-w-backlight-tap-h11-h8-h9-880-881-pair/

MODULAR BUMPERS
The factory pigtail will be under the tow hook. Remove the plastic shroud around the tow hook and look inside that opening, on the bottom. You'll see the connector taped in there. This has a DUMMY PLUG on it. Soo make sure you remove that dummy plug. Then you can utilize FORSCAN to enable the circuit AND buy the proper fog light switch (lots of info in here about that).

CrystaLux WP 2-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)

CrystaLux DT 2-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)
These will be for DT 2-Pin connector lights (such as the Diode Dynamics SS3 without back lighting)

CrystaLux DT 4-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)
Finally these have a DT 4-pin connector (Diode Dynamics SSC1, SSC2 and SS3 with backlighting)

If you have the DT 4-pin pigtails, you'll have a control wire hanging off the harness. This is for the back-light. Many of our customers simply tap this wire onto their man fog light harness (as they usually get a triple fog light kit from us). This way you don't have to run any wires anywhere. Tap the purple wire on the pigtail onto the backlight control wire on the triple fog light harness from us.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE
If your truck came with a plastic/capable bumper and you decide to upgrade to a Modular bumper DO NOT buy the "Modular" pigtails. YES, we know you now have a modular bumper but your factory wiring is that of a plastic/capable bumper.

Also. IF you upgrade to a modular from a plastic/capable MAKE SURE you take your wiring harness OFF your old bumper and transfer it to your NEW bumper. That's VERY important.

Many customers don't realize you'll need to keep your factory harness which is ATTACHED to the bumper. There is a connector on the driver side underneath the headlight that is plugs into.

So keep that in mind. Just because you upgraded to a modular bumper does NOT mean you buy "pigtails" for a modular bumper... because you still have a plastic/capable bumper wiring harness.
THANK you for the details!

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
drivers side - looking towards the wheel under the tow hook...

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch Image20231214152354

looking from the other angle -

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch Image20231214152714

I assume this is the fog light wiring? :)

documenting in hopes it helps someone...

Sponsored

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com that's some great information, thank you!

I was wondering, do you sell pigtails that work with the Mabett fog lights? The examples you provided below did not mention those designs. Maybe it matches one of the connectors you mentioned and I'm just unaware? Thanks for the help!

There IS a difference

MODULAR BUMPERS

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There IS a difference

MODULAR BUMPERS

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE

All that's left is a harness for the rear bumper for rear fogs and the circle is complete.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
…also remember, if you have the modular bumper w/o sensors you do not have the fog light wiring/harnesses and it dead ends above the fender where you’ll need to tap.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

drivers side - looking towards the wheel under the tow hook...

looking from the other angle -

I assume this is the fog light wiring? :)

documenting in hopes it helps someone...
Yes. That’s the correct connector

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak