Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 / 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have read through this entire thread and I'm still confused...
I have a 22 Wildtrak Mid Package with Mod Bumper (no front sensors).
I ordered the single front fog light switch, but haven't installed it just yet because when I went to find the factory wiring down at the bumper, I can't find the connector.
How do I utilize the new factory switch if the wiring is not already there?
Can I wire directly into the new switch somehow?
I also saw a purple with grey stripe wire that has heat shrink on the end at the top of the engine bay right next to the top of the grille. Is that a wire for one of the upfitter switches?
I thought they were all bundled up at the back of the bay next to the brake booster.
Any help is much appreciated!
Added photos for clarification.

C19AF380-8EC2-4A50-A733-EDA6B02773E8.jpeg

4F0626C7-4690-4664-963D-C2EBFDEAAA23.jpeg
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered the single front fog light switch, but haven't installed it just yet because when I went to find the factory wiring down at the bumper, I can't find the connector.
I also saw a purple with grey stripe wire that has heat shrink on the end at the top of the engine bay right next to the top of the grille. Is that a wire for one of the upfitter switches?
I thought they were all bundled up at the back of the bay next to the brake booster.
Oh crap! That adds to the pile. I assumed all MY2022 that come standard with capable bumper would have the wiring by default. I guess not…so STD/MID Package + Modular Bumper is the problem child.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is actually very normal. That’s the whole reason it has a separate setting for turning headlights on manually.
There is no reason to run fog lights with DRL’s. If it’s foggy out you should have your headlights on to begin with.

That being said, there might be a setting in forscan to use fogs with DRL’s , Just a thought. I haven’t looked for it because it seems unnecessary IMO.
This makes no sense and let me explain what was happening.

I always have my headlights in "auto" mode, and when it is dark enough and when the conditions are foggy enough, I want to be able to turn on my fogs (which I can do)

In this instance, my lights were not turning on automatically because it must have not been dark enough for the Bronco sensors to turn on the headlights. But because the headlights were not on (via the automatic sensor), I could not turn on the fogs. I had to turn the light switch to literally any other position to turn on the fogs. If I can turn on my fogs with ANY OTHER SWITCH SETTING, I should be able to do it when in "auto" mode.

I my 2004 BMW, I can turn on my fogs at any time with any headlight setting (automatic or otherwise). Makes no sense to "disable" fog lights ever (unless the high beams are on)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This makes no sense and let me explain what was happening.

I always have my headlights in "auto" mode, and when it is dark enough and when the conditions are foggy enough, I want to be able to turn on my fogs (which I can do)

In this instance, my lights were not turning on automatically because it must have not been dark enough for the Bronco sensors to turn on the headlights. But because the headlights were not on (via the automatic sensor), I could not turn on the fogs. I had to turn the light switch to literally any other position to turn on the fogs. If I can turn on my fogs with ANY OTHER SWITCH SETTING, I should be able to do it when in "auto" mode.

I my 2004 BMW, I can turn on my fogs at any time with any headlight setting (automatic or otherwise). Makes no sense to "disable" fog lights ever (unless the high beams are on)
I understood what you were saying. But it’s still unnecessary. I see no reason to need fog lights on without your headlights on, which is why it’s not possible on the bronco or most other vehicles.

All I’m saying is if it was not dark out, but foggy enough to need fog lights, then you already should’ve already manually turned on your headlights, which would in turn allow your fog lights to work 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understood what you were saying. But it’s still unnecessary. I see no reason to need fog lights on without your headlights on, which is why it’s not possible on the bronco or most other vehicles.

All I’m saying is if it was not dark out, but foggy enough to need fog lights, then you already should’ve already manually turned on your headlights, which would in turn allow your fog lights to work 🤷‍♂️
i expected the Bronco headlights to turn on “automatically “ given the conditions but they didn’t.

IMO, the headlight should have turned on. But even if they didn’t, I should have been able to turn on the fogs without needing to change the lights setting on my Bronco.

because the car decides it isn’t dark enough for headlights shouldn’t make me have to change another setting for me to turn on fog lights.

it may be how it is designed to work, but I disagree with it.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i expected the Bronco headlights to turn on “automatically “ given the conditions but they didn’t.

IMO, the headlight should have turned on. But even if they didn’t, I should have been able to turn on the fogs without needing to change the lights setting on my Bronco.

because the car decides it isn’t dark enough for headlights shouldn’t make me have to change another setting for me to turn on fog lights.

it may be how it is designed to work, but I disagree with it.
The automatic headlights are for time of day. They’re controlled using a sunload sensor to detect brightness. It’s just unrealistic to expect them to account for fog during a day when it’s still bright out or every situation when you should be using your headlights instead of DRL’s. Which is why your able to manually change it with a switch.

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally. Done. Got the front fog light switch going to a pair of amber lights in the front. I added the diode dynamic reverse pod bracket with ssc1 pros. The wiring ties into factory tail/brake reverse lights so when my headlight are on, the red backlight is on low. When I hit brakes, the red gets brighter. When I put it in reverse, the white comes on in full power (zone lighting also turns them on). The kicker is that there’s a separate trigger input to turn on the white lights without being in reverse. I tapped into the white/blue wire in the door sill and ran that to the trigger wire. So I can turn on the white lights without being in reverse by hitting the rear fog light button. And the front/rear fog light icons on the dash work as expected.

5D35A333-721E-43A2-AC7F-3640F202EE7B.jpeg

AF7EB947-BBB2-4BF0-B749-617451E37050.jpeg

525E6363-3561-4B4C-BF6C-7DFF972317F0.jpeg

730AEA4C-583F-45E6-B08E-EA530CA6298A.jpeg
what is the part number for the switch that you used I am wanting to order one and didn't want to read 50 some pages thanks

tmallon78

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2007 Lincoln Mark LT, 202x Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

any tricks to remove the factory headlight switch to swap in the one with fog lights and not break anything?

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any tricks to remove the factory headlight switch to swap in the one with fog lights and not break anything?

About the 50 second mark. The switch is easy to get out.

Sponsored

Rkeally

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That purple wire above grill is not one of your Aux wires, it is a pre-run wire that should terminate near your Aux wires in engine bay (back right). You will see a few other wires bundled together that also run to different areas of the vehicle. This set of wires are covered in the owners manual, they are not powered but can be linked to an Aux switch wire for power. Without the OEM fog wiring I’m not sure how you would manually wire fogs from the factory switch with fog option (that’s well above my pay grade!!)

Mr. Big Bend

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok guys, I hava badlands squatch Lux so I have the wiring harness for front fogs I am assuming that is what this photo shows. I replaced my factory headlight switch to one that includes fog light button which entailed ordering one of the switches that is in stock without the puddle lights and taking the puddle light module from original and adding it to switch with fog light (as someone else her showed us could be done). Puddle lights are working with the new switch for what it is worth. Next I went in to forscan and changed the BdyCM and IPC as instructed here to activate switch which included changing Some people f the coding in the BdyCM as built configuration. I am getting the fog light indicator to show up on the display but I am not getting any power to the plug. Has Anyone else run in to this problem? I am in my shop with no access to a computer. I can check forscan when I get back home but thought I would ask for any other ideas first. You should know I have 0 experience with electrical wiring or forescan. I would not have even attempted to do the fog light switch/ forrscan changes if not for this forum. So thanks in advance for any help

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 4F0626C7-4690-4664-963D-C2EBFDEAAA23

Does Anyone know if the for this harness if Red/ Black should go to green or Yellow. yting to figure out which side of the two pin connector is Ground and which side is power. any input would be helpful so I can get this correct the first time I try it.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone tell me why the part (M2DZ-11654-DC) says "without blind spot warning"? I have the high package and want to make sure i order the right part.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does Anyone know if the for this harness if Red/ Black should go to green or Yellow. yting to figure out which side of the two pin connector is Ground and which side is power. any input would be helpful so I can get this correct the first time I try it.
Black with green is ground on the factory harness.

Brown is power for the left side and yellow with orange is power for the right side.