First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These may help someone. The documentation says the wire is brown but it’s grey with brown stripe, position 43. That’s for the left fog. The right fog light is yellow with orange stripe, position 48. Both are 16 gauge wires.

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1897.jpeg
Thanks. I’ve been putting this off for far too long.

Doesn’t your aftermarket fog harness have a ground wire?
Sponsored

Epmes

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks. I’ve been putting this off for far too long.

Doesn’t your aftermarket fog harness have a ground wire?
No, it just came with a two-wire connector. I got relatively cheap fog/spot light combos—four lights on each side— but can always upgrade after I’ve finished wiring it up.

I’m putting the fog lights on my (new) OEM switch with the fog button, and spot lights on the aux switch.

Epmes

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got it working. The fog lights are connected to my (new) OEM switch, and the spots are connected to the aux switch.

IMG_1908.png

IMG_1909.png

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, it just came with a two-wire connector. I got relatively cheap fog/spot light combos—four lights on each side— but can always upgrade after I’ve finished wiring it up.

I’m putting the fog lights on my (new) OEM switch with the fog button, and spot lights on the aux switch.
Any reason you cut and spliced instead of T-tap or otherwise?

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any reason you cut and spliced instead of T-tap or otherwise?
When I did the same thing, I Searched high and low for pins to put in the connector, and couldn't find any, That's why I ended up cutting and splicing in a standard weather pack before the connector, While it would be nice to keep the factory wiring as it was, sometimes it's not worth the effort, especially considering that it will probably never have the factory sensor harness installed past the connector anyway.

Sponsored

tilebroncodude

Big Bend
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Big bend 7M, 21 f150 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got it working. The fog lights are connected to my (new) OEM switch, and the spots are connected to the aux switch.

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_1909

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_1909
You are my hero, i just bought a big band last week i didn't realise it didn't have fogs. I am going to make this a little weekend thing. Glad to see this can be done

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we have a separate thread for the details on the rear fog wiring and switch capability? Or is it just kinda buried in here.

I did the standard OEM switch with fog button and everything worked great. But now considering ordering the switch with fronts+rears to save an upfitter switch and connect to OEM rear fog harness for additional rearward lighting after a trip this weekend requiring a lot of reverse on a narrower trail at night. But I don’t remember where we all indicated the part number for the OEM dual fog switch nor the end location, amperage and plug type for the OEM rear fog wire harness

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If anyone needs a BNIB factory switch with ft fogs - PM me.

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do we have a separate thread for the details on the rear fog wiring and switch capability? Or is it just kinda buried in here.

I did the standard OEM switch with fog button and everything worked great. But now considering ordering the switch with fronts+rears to save an upfitter switch and connect to OEM rear fog harness for additional rearward lighting after a trip this weekend requiring a lot of reverse on a narrower trail at night. But I don’t remember where we all indicated the part number for the OEM dual fog switch nor the end location, amperage and plug type for the OEM rear fog wire harness
I'm fairly sure it's buried

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/image20231214125453-jpg.592003/

has a part number for one of the front/rear switches... there is also one w/o the mirror pair on the left, the part for that is M2DZ-11654-BC there may be one more.. it's been a while since i went down that rabbit hole. Haven't installed anything yet though.

tilebroncodude

Big Bend
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These may help someone. The documentation says the wire is brown but it’s grey with brown stripe, position 43. That’s for the left fog. The right fog light is yellow with orange stripe, position 48. Both are 16 gauge wires.

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1897.jpeg
just pulled this out on mine and my wires are completely different in color...

also i pulled the switch to see what wires are there it doesnt look like a whole lot

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch harness2

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch switch

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch harness

Last edited:

Sponsored

Epmes

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

just pulled this out on mine and my wires are completely different in color...

also i pulled the switch to see what wires are there it doesnt look like a whole lot

The good news about the switch is that all the wiring harnesses seem to be the same. There’s only like five wires going to the dashboard switch regardless of whether you have fog lights, side lights, etc.

tilebroncodude

Big Bend
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The good news about the switch is that all the wiring harnesses seem to be the same. There’s only like five wires going to the dashboard switch regardless of whether you have fog lights, side lights, etc.
Ok cool. Thanks man ! Where’s everyone grounding their lights ? I was going to run two pairs of wires and ground them around the fuse box and then just run each hot lead to that light. I hope I am explaining this correctly

tilebroncodude

Big Bend
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i can verify the wires are the same!! success took me about 3 hours the hardest part was the torx screw that screwed into the bumper after the lights were installed

foglights.png

JIMG

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Do you have 360 cameras?

JIMG

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have 360 cameras?
If so behind drivers rear tire at the bumper there will be a small ford electrical connector (cheap quality) 3 wires from the body and 2 to the bumper (those 2 go to the license plate light) The 3rd from the body is fog (if you get the dual OEM switch and turn it on in forscan). I installed a 4 pin dm plug and jumped the one ground so i had a license plate hot and ground and fog hot and ground. Me personally I used rear fog for a tire mounted amber chase light and used the diode dynamics reverse taillight kt for added rear lighting triggered off the backup circuit. i also used one upfitter so i can manually power the crcut though as a rear work light. The chase is DD Amber with red backlighting and the rev light is flood with red backlighting.
Sponsored