First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
unavailable..... and no - no need to tie up credit that long.. Pay a depreciating asset off as quick as possible.
Again, the length of the loan doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how long you keep the loan.
Sponsored

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish my pay went up as easily as they raise rates!

index.jpg
When the rates finally do drop, how many folks think prices will go back to "normal" ?.... corporations have gotten FAT off the people, they'll drop the prices a little too make folks think they're playing ball, but ONLY a little. We all will STILL be paying a ridiculous amount for groceries, gas, homes and the like...

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the rates finally do drop, how many folks think prices will go back to "normal" ?.... corporations have gotten FAT off the people, they'll drop the prices a little too make folks think they're playing ball, but ONLY a little. We all will STILL be paying a ridiculous amount for groceries, gas, homes and the like...
Highly doubt prices will ever go back down. I'm well aware that some people never received substantial raises, but a lot of people did. In fact, there's a monthly report on wage growth. Prices won't go down they'll just stabilize.

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My understanding is that Fed will keep increasing rates until a lot of people can't afford to get new toys, like Broncos, and that's because they want to deal with inflation. Everyone's financial situation is different, but If you are doing well above avg, then a Bronco will be easily attainable soon, probably at a discount, begged by numerous dealers, otherwise you will have bigger problem to solve then getting a Bronco.
I already had 4 dealers reached out to me and wanted to sell me a Bronco because a customer abandoned the order, I didn't bother to ask for price because I already bought a BMW and has no garage space for a Bronco now. But things definitely has began to change.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is that Fed will keep increasing rates until a lot of people can't afford to get new toys, like Broncos, and that's because they want to deal with inflation. Everyone's financial situation is different, but If you are doing well above avg, then a Bronco will be easily attainable soon, probably at a discount, begged by numerous dealers, otherwise you will have bigger problem to solve then getting a Bronco.
I already had 4 dealers reached out to me and wanted to sell me a Bronco because a customer abandoned the order, I didn't bother to ask for price because I already bought a BMW and has no garage space for a Bronco now. But things definitely has began to change.
Most people think of making things more expensive as a way to get people to stop spending, except that hasn't stopped anything (see the economy continuing to hire and the fed continuing to raise rates). But most people DON'T think of the savings aspect. My local credit union is offering 4% APY on their basic savings account, no minimums, not withdrawal limits, a standard savings account. The increased prices sucks but haven't really changed my spending (see my signature lol), but when I started seeing 3 digit interest payments in my bank account each month it made me seriously consider pausing spending. I'm essentially being handed a used car payment in free money each month by NOT spending. I feel like one of those severely injured or rich people they talk about in the daytime commercials with "structured annuities" haha. It's crazy.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people think of making things more expensive as a way to get people to stop spending, except that hasn't stopped anything (see the economy continuing to hire and the fed continuing to raise rates). But most people DON'T think of the savings aspect. My local credit union is offering 4% APY on their basic savings account, no minimums, not withdrawal limits, a standard savings account. The increased prices sucks but haven't really changed my spending (see my signature lol), but when I started seeing 3 digit interest payments in my bank account each month it made me seriously consider pausing spending. I'm essentially being handed a used car payment in free money each month by NOT spending. I feel like one of those severely injured or rich people they talk about in the daytime commercials with "structured annuities" haha. It's crazy.
Uhhh pm me your credit union lol

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, median weekly earnings have increased ~9% from Q1 2021 to Q4 2022, so if you are getting "poorer", it's time to get a new job.
I’m a teacher. My pay sure as hell hasn’t increased anywhere near 9%since 2021.

I’ll have to check on that stat.

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well if things are expensive enough people will stop spending. We are not there yet haha.
Just look at the housing market, the bidding war stopped overnight once interest gets higher and housing prices are dropping like a rock. My house valued 2.8M last year now only worth about 2.1M, and nobody is bidding anymore. Houses in desirable neighborhoods are sitting as well.
Cars are much less expensive and might take a while for the same thing to hit.
I get that savings accounts interest rate is higher as well, as expected, but the problem is majority of people don't have much money to save anyway, all they good at is borrowing money from tomorrow, and once borrowing gets expensive enough, they will have to stop.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well if things are expensive enough people will stop spending. We are not there yet haha.
Just look at the housing market, the bidding war stopped overnight once interest gets higher and housing prices are dropping like a rock. My house valued 2.8M last year now only worth about 2.1M, and nobody is bidding anymore. Houses in desirable neighborhoods are sitting as well.
Cars are much less expensive and might take a while for the same thing to hit.
I get that savings accounts interest rate is higher as well, as expected, but the problem is majority of people don't have much money to save anyway, all they good at is borrowing money from tomorrow, and once borrowing gets expensive enough, they will have to stop.
Housing is completely different. Prices skyrocketed and just 1% change could mean hundreds of dollars more a month. The difference between a 3 and 6% rate on a $50k vehicle is like $80 a month. That’s not going to change habits with vehicles.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Costco offers a really nice double pack of heavy duty tin foil.
Enough to make bigly hats--the best--for yourself and everybody down at the legion, too. People are saying something big is brewing. And those are the best people.

....I kid, I kid.

....There's only enough for ONE really good tinfoil hat in that double pack. You have to make it extra thick!

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just because it's an 84mo loan, doesn't mean you have to pay less each month than with a 48mo loan.

I know people who were 15 years into a mortgage who didn't want to refinance 3% lower because they didn't want to do a 30 year mortgage. Idiots!
Yup! With any luck, I'll croak with about 27 years left on a 30 year fixed. Of course I can't refi lower right now, but that day will come.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How true this is.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Someone with a house worth over 2 million dollars, bragging about it and telling people that live paycheck to paycheck, that borrowing money for the necessities of life like a car and a house is bad thing.
Not everyone is as lucky as you are, obviously you’ve gotten too out of touch with reality to realize that.
Hilarious
Sponsored