First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer finance guy just tried to hit me with 84/m don’t recall rate and payment, but ball park 9% and 800/m for a VW Taos. I said where the hell did you come up with that. I told the sales guy manufacturer offered 4.49/60m so that’s what I want when I get to finance office. Guess if I said yes they hit a home run. Do your home work. They are sleazy.
Sponsored

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At least we don’t live in the 80’s, where rates were in the double digits. A car loan or mortgage was running 14% at its best and 24% interest at its worst. I’m used to my 2% interest but even 6% isn’t bad when you compare it to other times. Perspective will make it a little easier I guess.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interest rates for car loans and mortgages are not high when looking at the averages for the past 50 years. The real pain will be if the high inflation continues to stay far above historical averages. Recent inflation is like a tax on everything you buy but it obviously hits the middle and lower income classes much worse. With all the government (over)spending, there’s a chance that high inflation could stay with us for many years to come. If you got a typical 3.5% pay raise last year, your income really went down about 5%.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dealer locked me in at 7.5% a month ago on open market with 800+ scores, new car buyers are going to be in for a shock. I ended up at 3.89 doing my own.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I work in automotive. We get notices through our lending when customers file for bankruptcy. We don't see these too often. That said, we received 14 last month.

I am going to pass on my bronco that is in production now. I could pay cash if I wanted. But, there is something unfolding in the economy right now. Not sure how crazy it will be, but I want to be prepared.

Cash is king.
Costco offers a really nice double pack of heavy duty tin foil.

Sponsored

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer locked me in at 7.5% a month ago on open market with 800+ scores, new car buyers are going to be in for a shock. I ended up at 3.89 doing my own.
What bank at 3.89? How many months?

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So how many will not purchase a truck now?
If you look at historical date, interest rates are still "low". Purchase what you can afford and not what you want. Buy an appreciating asset like real estate.... And NEVER EVER take and auto loan more than 48-60 months.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here come all the financial advisors
Most people here need one. Too many emotional buyers, not financially educated ones.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most people here need one. Too many emotional buyers, not financially educated ones.
Isn't that the case for most things that aren't a necessity?

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oooffppphh. I looked it up after I made the post and you're right.

That's gross. In my opinion, if you can't afford a 3 year loan, you can't afford the vehicle. I could see someone considering a 5 year loan if it's an unexpected purchase and they absolutely need it for their family.

But for the Bronco, which is more of a "weekend" vehicle... eh... going to have to agree with @YULQQKN4 if you are going longer than 60 months you probably shouldn't be buying the vehicle.
Yeahhhh it’s rough. I actually asked my dealer to hold my truck for a month when it comes in to give me a chance to knock out some debt to have some flexibility to account for a higher interest rate. I’ll refi when things get better… if they get better lol

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you look at historical date, interest rates are still "low". Purchase what you can afford and not what you want. Buy an appreciating asset like real estate.... And NEVER EVER take and auto loan more than 48-60 months.
You wouldn't take an 84 month loan at 1%?

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oooffppphh. I looked it up after I made the post and you're right.

That's gross. In my opinion, if you can't afford a 3 year loan, you can't afford the vehicle. I could see someone considering a 5 year loan if it's an unexpected purchase and they absolutely need it for their family.

But for the Bronco, which is more of a "weekend" vehicle... eh... going to have to agree with @YULQQKN4 if you are going longer than 60 months you probably shouldn't be buying the vehicle.
makes no sense. Mortgages are 30 yrs. Maybe if you cant afford to pay 50% of a mortgage you cant afford it? Maybe if you cant afford to pay your college tuition then just dont go? Some people are not rich and need a dependable car to get to work. Not everyone has the security you apparently have.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You wouldn't take an 84 month loan at 1%?
So many different variables out there-who wants to be paying $400+ a month or whatever for 7 years? I used to replace my cars every 8 years or so...I'd rather have 3-4 years of no payment to save for the replacement. But to other people, that is nothing in their expenses.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
least we don’t live in the 80’s, where rates

At least not yet ….. I remember the other big joke when back in the 2008-2012 market when everyone said “ Real Estate always goes up” … guess what, that s not turn either. People who sat theMortgage debacle out back then and bought later often got properties for 40-50% less. That was a 2-3 short years.

Remember, the time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets. Me thinks that time is coming around again …..
Sponsored