Sponsored

Fellow FE Reservation Holders - What's your last straw?

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on this site a lot but is it true we haven't seen one built/example?

I would think one of these builds seen everywhere in the country would be a FE. These are just throw away models, right?
Sponsored

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My main complaint is the crappy Navy Pier. When I reserved an FE, I expected the reveal interiors to be one of the interiors of the FE. Obviously not so!

My plan right now is to order with Lightning Blue and wait for the modular black top. I’m in no hurry to get the Bronco, I daily drive my CTS-V. I thought about switching to another trim, just don’t love any of those interiors either.

I also have a cybertruck trimotor on reserve as well. If the cybertruck trimotor actually begins production late 2021 (not holding my breath) then I will likely bail on Bronco and stick with cybertruck. If cybertruck will be 2-3 years, then I’ll play with bronco for a while then sell it.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm on this site a lot but is it true we haven't seen one built/example?

I would think one of these builds seen everywhere in the country would be a FE. These are just throw away models, right?
Correct, they haven’t actually started building the bronco yet. These are all pre production models, most of which will be destroyed.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why did folks reserve the First Edition? I assumed it would be mostly collectors reserving them. Do colors really matter on a limited run like this? When I fancied reserving one, I quickly retreated. I'd have no place to store it and I wouldn't drive it for fear that someone would run into me.
A) Reveal night shenanigans made the FE seem more special than it was. I was expecting the King Ranch-esque interior they teased us with.

B) Limited Numbers. But then they fucked that all up as well.

I absolutely cannot stand having the exact same vehicle cookie cutter vehicle as 100 other people in my area.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am back and forth with the FE and Badlands so far the Badlands is $57109 vs FE $61334 so difference of $4225. So electric seats for another 4K other than that what is it the FE gives you besides the Navy interior? In FE I would get the Lightening Blue and on Badlands would be the orange or carb gray.

Sponsored

gmcul8r

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation night!

During all the chaos of trying to quickly reserve my Bronco I didn't realize the FE wouldn't be available with a manual! I added another reservation that night for a BL.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I missed the first few mins of the launch plus the web site was so glitchy... so I was pretty frazzled on launch night. All I remember was thinking that I was reserving my wife’s next car... and I wanted as “loaded” a rig as they offered. It’s not like there was a ton of time to research each and every trim level, but I knew enough to know that if I scrolled all the way to the right that it meant “loaded.” The fact that it might be special or unique was a bonus!

Fast forward to today... the Bronco is going to be MINE, and while I too like “loaded” trucks, I’m not willing to pay $3,200 extra just to say I have a “First Edition” that isn’t special in any way. That’s what my math tells me is the difference between a First Edition and a Badlands with all the same stuff. That’s my primary objection... $3k more for a different sticker on the fender.

So my plan... not only am I “downgrading” to a Badlands, but I’m skipping the leather and (maybe) the Lux pkg, now that I see what that’s all about. So instead of $63k I’m looking at $55k.

Which reminds me... I’ve been meaning to ask if the build & price tool has been updated to reflect the reduced MSRP for the lack of modular top on the FE and WT.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I missed the first few mins of the launch plus the web site was so glitchy... so I was pretty frazzled on launch night. All I remember was thinking that I was reserving my wife’s next car... and I wanted as “loaded” a rig as they offered. It’s not like there was a ton of time to research each and every trim level, but I knew enough to know that if I scrolled all the way to the right that it meant “loaded.” The fact that it might be special or unique was a bonus!

Fast forward to today... the Bronco is going to be MINE, and while I too like “loaded” trucks, I’m not willing to pay $3,200 extra just to say I have a “First Edition” that isn’t special in any way. That’s what my math tells me is the difference between a First Edition and a Badlands with all the same stuff. That’s my primary objection... $3k more for a different sticker on the fender.

So my plan... not only am I “downgrading” to a Badlands, but I’m skipping the leather and (maybe) the Lux pkg, now that I see what that’s all about. So instead of $63k I’m looking at $55k.

Which reminds me... I’ve been meaning to ask if the build & price tool has been updated to reflect the reduced MSRP for the lack of modular top on the FE and WT.
Yes it has.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes it has.
Thanks! So that makes the gap in pricing even harder to justify. Here’s my math (and why I’m going to get a different trim): These are all three equipped basically identical. Where’s the $3K in extra value on the FE??
Ford Bronco Fellow FE Reservation Holders - What's your last straw? 0178A653-290F-42B7-B5C0-DCB782915011

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m out on my FE reservation unfortunately. The reveal hyped it up way too much. I think it’s an amazing vehicle still, but the interior was kind of a joke, the bump from 3500 to 7000 made it less special (and I have a very fragile ego), no black top. I finally thought, well, what am I spending this money for if it’s not something that I really want? I’ll wait to see what next year brings, hopefully I can actually build the bronco I want.

Sponsored

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why did folks reserve the First Edition? I assumed it would be mostly collectors reserving them.
For the life of me, I don’t understand why people think the FE will truly be a collectible. It makes the ‘78 Corvette Pace Car Edition look like a 250 GTO.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This whole navy pier thing sounds like a bunch of teens complaining about a prom dress.
Trust me , nobody’s going to complain about the seats in your new $60,000 Bronco.
I sent my build sheet to my dealer today.
Ford Bronco Fellow FE Reservation Holders - What's your last straw? 73D6EF62-73C6-4FA6-A2C3-FD580982B660

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is exactly as advertised, a limited edition. An investment. Last I heard there were well north of 200,000 reservations. only 7000 can be first editions. Ever. The rest of us are getting an (eventually) depreciating asset. If it's injured doing things a Bronco does, that will hurt the value. I look at them as mall crawlers: Look at me!!! Look at me!!! After seeing some of the builds folks have posted, I'll leave that $30,000 difference between a base well equipped and a First edition sit in my investment account. But then again, I will use and abuse mine doing Bronco things. Can't both protect the Investment and abuse it unless you are rich and famous and it's documented. If you're not, the value will still be there as a collectible, long after you have been turned into worm poop...

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Walking away from FE, going with Wildtrak. Let me count the reasons.
1) 3500 to 7000 units
2) Unique interior to Navy Pier.
3) Black Mod top to MIC top
4)Lack of extetior Colors
5) No tow package
6) Paying $3000 more for a First Edition name.

At the end of the day the FE isn't for me, just not my cup of tea. I'm sure Ford will sell everyone of them, just not one to me. I wish everyone keeping their FE reservation the best and hope they enjoy it as much as I'll be enjoying my Wildtrak.

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This whole navy pier thing sounds like a bunch of teens complaining about a prom dress.
Trust me , nobody’s going to complain about the seats in your new $60,000 Bronco.
I sent my build sheet to my dealer today.
73D6EF62-73C6-4FA6-A2C3-FD580982B660.jpeg
I'm not worried about anyone complaining about my interior, actually could care less what others think. The main reason I'm not purchasing a FE is I don't like Blue Interior. But I'm sure they'll be 7000 buyers like yourself that will love it., to each their own. Now as far as prom dresses go, blue looks great IMO. ?

Ford Bronco Fellow FE Reservation Holders - What's your last straw? 04032258
Ford Bronco Fellow FE Reservation Holders - What's your last straw? 2021 Bronco Navy Pier Interior & Area 51 Exterior Colors
Sponsored

Last edited: