Sponsored

Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it. Talk me off the cliff. Final Choice is clear

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.

I say do what makes you happy. Its hard for me to wait as well. Ive had a vin for over a month, was supposed to go into production this week. I dont expect anything until year end with the hard top problem. I had thoughts about going a different direction, but nothing is gonna be as fun as this bronco when I get it!
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
That’s a lot of miles on that wrangler in just 1 year get the price down cheaper just wait it out dealer is robbing you blind on that wrangler

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sheesh... Ride it out if you want the Bronco. If it's not a Bronco thing for you, the Rubicon is a very nice ride. I've been in Jeeps for a couple decades and wouldn't have a problem at all with a new Rubicon, actually almost had a 392... Just got a little apprehensive and that 2 hours of deep thinking was too long.

Norsk82

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT. Bronco on reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard that Diesel have lot issues, better do some research before you jump off.

I will never own any FCA models. Bronco will be my first Ford.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

as someone who owns a wrangler, i cant wait for the refinement and better riding bronco to be in my garage. youre going to regret not waiting another few months for the bronco... youve waited this long, i wouldnt settle.

The only real issue with the bronco is the MIC top, which they are fixing as we speak.

If you want a bad ride, bad steering, a loud AF interior, terrible seats, corrosion/paint bubbling on all your external door hinges, then get the wrangler lol
What year wrangler?

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't do it, you will kick yourself for forever if you do. Wait out the Webasto fiasco and get your Bronco with MIC top.;)

Norsk82

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT. Bronco on reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

our first year 2016 focus RS.

Keep it in mind. You got the first year model of Focus RS, it is expected to have lot of issues. It is normal for 1st and 2nd year model.

I usually wait for late 2nd year or 3rd year model. Thats why I requested my bronco to be ready by early Spring '23 or late '22 by end of next year.

zebraquick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Forte
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Solid no. HOLD the line. That 2K off is easily saved by the time you get it right? In the grand scheme it ain't much on per month payment.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's as if you trained months for a marathon. Ran 26 miles of it. Then said eff it I'm out with the finish line is sight. Why do that to yourself? Stick with it and finish!
This analogy needs some adjustment. In this case you start your 26-mile race only to be told at the 24-mile mark that the race is going to be a bit longer than expected, they're not sure exactly how much longer, but hey, "Stay pumped! Here's a cool poster to hang on your wall!"

At 38 miles they give you a free hammock and tell you to "Hang in there!" but you still don't know where the finish line is. You've run this far, gotta keep going.

You're now at 45 miles, and the finish line is still out of sight, but don't give up now, you're "almost" there...

Sponsored

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a vin then it will be built this year. We are only a few months from the end. Also, ifin you could. Buy that diesel Rubi, drive and enjoy. Get the Bronco and drive it then decide which one you keep or your wife gets. You would surely get your money on the Bronco and most on the Rubi if you turned it. Soooooo, do both!!!

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy the Rubicon. Drive the Bronco when it comes in and trade/sell it IF you like the Bronco more.
You won’t lose much money on the wrangler.

I’m on Jeep wrangler number 4 and still have a Rubicon that’s not going anywhere. They are great, you will love it.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don't do it, you will kick yourself for forever if you do. Wait out the Webasto fiasco and get your Bronco with MIC top.;)
Why would he kick himself forever, buying a car isn’t a lifetime commitment.

If the Bronco is successful, in a few years you will be able to pick them up off dealer lots for a lot less than what people are spending now.

On top of that, you will have a price locked in for a 21 that you can buy in 23, with a market that expects car prices to rise 14% in the next two years making his Jeep worth more in trade.

Honestly, if your not getting the 21, which was big for some of us, it makes way more sense to wait for them to work the bugs out anyways. Just my 2 cents for what it’s worth.

ironzachattack

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had my build date since June and it keeps moving around and now my car took a poop so I jumped and bought a 2022 Hyundai Palisade fully loaded. Best decision of my life so far… I love it. Heated and cooled seats captain chairs second row. Ford made me do it…
Sponsored