Sponsored

Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it. Talk me off the cliff. Final Choice is clear

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just get the 3.6 Penstar. My Rubicon with Xtreme Recon build came out to $55k. I'm sick of the delays and want a painted roof with rain gutters to easily mount a rack and still use a sunrider. I'll wait for Ford's third gen roof to include rain gutters before I buy one. The fact that they don't have rain gutters absolutely blows my mind. Even my 91 Land Cruiser has rain gutters. The aftermarket for Jeeps is insanely large. The Rubicon is a not as great of a ride as the Bronco is. I would know because I did the off rodeo in Moab last weekend but the JL is a great vehicle. Ford hit a grand slam with the Bronco but they left before the 9th inning was finished. I do plan on owning a Bronco someday but at this point I'm just sick of all the issues and I have more pros than cons on purchasing the JL at this point.

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear 20210820_152941

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear 20210820_133931
Sponsored

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
You're crazy man! Bronco or die....
😜🤘

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd wait, not sure how good of a deal that Jeep is. Plus it's only a year or so old, what's wrong with it that someone sold it? I'd want to know repair history and do a very thorough test drive (not just half an hour) on all kinds of roads. Personally I'd never want a diesel car either, but that's just me. Too many downsides for a bit of better fuel eco and torque.

If it wasn't for the Bronco reveal though, I'd have a Rubi in the driveway now, in Mojito green. Glad the Bronco showed up removing all the things I don't really like with the Wrangler. I'll be mostly on roads, no trails anywhere close, so better road manners are certainly welcome.

Of course, you can buy the Wrangler and trade it in or sell it with little loss, but if your Bronco might get built soon, is it worth that extra hassle?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you got money, then you got money. Go spend money, stimulate the economy. Then come back round after you get tired of chasing diesel issues in a couple years.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Give it a try. I like my Bronco but there really isn't anything magical about it. I imagine you will have just about the same experience with the Jeep but will have more fun with the aftermarket since it's super mature.

I was a die hard Can-Am guy until my friends convinced me to buy a RZR. Same deal. Everyone has parts, accessories, forums are super mature, tons of stuff out there to do what you want with them. When you are in the middle of WV and you break something, pretty much every shop and hardware store has stuff for the RZR. Same thing for the Jeep.

If you hate it, sell it and keep waiting it out for your bronco.

Sponsored

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stick it out brother, once you finally get your Bronco it will be worth all the pain. I have yet to see a single Bronco on the road in Mississippi. It will be like driving a golden eagle down the road with flapping wings amongst a bunch a hens.

Now, how is that ? Back off the ledge !!!!!!!!!

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was building Gladiators last night, it would probably be less headache in the long run, and you get to have fun Now, instead of later. It is completely up to you, and i understand the situation. Tough call> good luck in your journey. I hope you find your spirit animal! Goat, Horse, or (JEEP).

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
Had a launch-year Focus RS (in Nitro blue!) for 5 years and never had a single issue. One of the very best vehicles I’ve ever owned, regardless of price.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This analogy needs some adjustment. In this case you start your 26-mile race only to be told at the 24-mile mark that the race is going to be a bit longer than expected, they're not sure exactly how much longer, but hey, "Stay pumped! Here's a cool poster to hang on your wall!"

At 38 miles they give you a free hammock and tell you to "Hang in there!" but you still don't know where the finish line is. You've run this far, gotta keep going.

You're now at 45 miles, and the finish line is still out of sight, but don't give up now, you're "almost" there...
Fair enough!

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the same amount of money, you have:
1) a new vehicle that hasn’t had some guy with swamp ass seating in the seat for 15K miles
2) something new in town as compared to the 25% of the population that drives a Jeep.
3) A longer warranty remaining on the Bronco
4) More and better access to fuel. Not every station has diesel.

For the record I have a JL Rubicon and love it. I am keeping it but still will wait for the Bronco. Jeep has been given to the wife.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This analogy needs some adjustment. In this case you start your 26-mile race only to be told at the 24-mile mark that the race is going to be a bit longer than expected, they're not sure exactly how much longer, but hey, "Stay pumped! Here's a cool poster to hang on your wall!"

At 38 miles they give you a free hammock and tell you to "Hang in there!" but you still don't know where the finish line is. You've run this far, gotta keep going.

You're now at 45 miles, and the finish line is still out of sight, but don't give up now, you're "almost" there...
He asked to be talked off cliff.....you may have talked him back on to it:)

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I jumped out of line this week, so some of you are moving up! I got cold feet on the typical first year issues being reported. I am still going to grab one eventually, but I am going to wait it out for another couple years. Both my vehicles are low mileage and in good condition, so decided to patient.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
pay 2k more for a used jeep? sure, go for it!!
Sponsored