Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found very little info on after market springs for the new Bronco. I have about 200lbs on the back with an Expedition One bumper with tire carrier, a 37" tire and rim, and Hi Lift jack mount and jack. I also have the Sas package with Zone 3" lift that lifts the front 3" and the rear 2" to remove rake. I have a Westin front bumper with winch. The problem was that the rear felt spongey. Even though the rig was level, you could feel the back sway when you turned sharp and the back squatted when you hit the gas. When you put any weight in back it also made the back sit lower. I never tried to tow anything yet but I know what would happen. I searched all over the forums and internet for a solution and found very little. I thought I found a fix and ordered a set of ARB rear heavy springs but had to send them back because they will not fit on the SAS Bilstein struts. Well finally, I found a post that mentioned Dobinson HD springs. I called Dobinson and the tech told me they had tested on the SAS Bilstein's and they worked great so I ordered a set for 150 to 350lbs of added weight. I just put them on and removed the Zone stuff from back suspension. It is greatness. The problem is solved. The rig is riding and driving like stock again. Not too stiff and not squishy. The rear may be an eighth to a quarter inch higher than front but it really looks level. I thought I might need a set on the front but it is fine with stock springs. I am so happy. See the link for the springs. I got them in Black. They come in three colors.

https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-ford-bronco-rear-coils-c19-569v/

Ford Bronco Finally Found HD Rear Springs That Work 1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, the Dobinson springs do fit on the Bilstein Sas shocks despite they say they must be used with their shocks?

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, the Dobinson springs do fit on the Bilstein Sas shocks despite they say they must be used with their shocks?
Yes they do. That is why I called them to ask. They work perfect. The tech told me they tested them on the SAS Bils.

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update. Been waiting on you to post to see if it worked. I’ll definitely be ordering some.
Where you able to install yourself or did you need to take to shop with a wall mount spring compressor?

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update. Been waiting on you to post to see if it worked. I’ll definitely be ordering some.
Where you able to install yourself or did you need to take to shop with a wall mount spring compressor?
I decided to take to shop. I have tools for it but wanted it done quick. It is one of the best things I have done for my Bronco. Rides and drives so much better.

Last edited:

Jmschultz22

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Impala, 2017 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I found very little info on after market springs for the new Bronco. I have about 200lbs on the back with an Expedition One bumper with tire carrier, a 37" tire and rim, and Hi Lift jack mount and jack. I also have the Sas package with Zone 3" lift that lifts the front 3" and the rear 2" to remove rake. I have a Westin front bumper with winch. The problem was that the rear felt spongey. Even though the rig was level, you could feel the back sway when you turned sharp and the back squatted when you hit the gas. When you put any weight in back it also made the back sit lower. I never tried to tow anything yet but I know what would happen. I searched all over the forums and internet for a solution and found very little. I thought I found a fix and ordered a set of ARB rear heavy springs but had to send them back because they will not fit on the SAS Bilstein struts. Well finally, I found a post that mentioned Dobinson HD springs. I called Dobinson and the tech told me they had tested on the SAS Bilstein's and they worked great so I ordered a set for 150 to 350lbs of added weight. I just put them on and removed the Zone stuff from back suspension. It is greatness. The problem is solved. The rig is riding and driving like stock again. Not too stiff and not squishy. The rear may be an eighth to a quarter inch higher than front but it really looks level. I thought I might need a set on the front but it is fine with stock springs. I am so happy. See the link for the springs. I got them in Black. They come in three colors.

https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-ford-bronco-rear-coils-c19-569v/

Ford Bronco Finally Found HD Rear Springs That Work 1
Totally off subject, but do you have any issues with your rear bumper and the sensors?

There's a little blurb that says "*Sensor holes are included however they are not guaranteed to work"

Curious to hear if you had/have any issues?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
« 150 to 350lbs added weight » means absolutely nothing. Added to what? A loaded badlands or FE is several hundreds pounds heavier than a base Wildtrak. So what’s their baseline? Base wildtrak? Wildtrak + front steel bumper? Wildtrak with lux package? Badlands with rear steel bumper…?

It means nothing, it‘s ridiculous. We need the spring rates for each trim, engine and options and their spring rate to compare. I have a fully loaded Badlands Sasquatch Lux which is the heaviest Bronco you can get by far.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally off subject, but do you have any issues with your rear bumper and the sensors?

There's a little blurb that says "*Sensor holes are included however they are not guaranteed to work"

Curious to hear if you had/have any issues?
The sensors work great. No problems at all.
« 150 to 350lbs added weight » means absolutely nothing. Added to what? A loaded badlands or FE is several hundreds pounds heavier than a base Wildtrak. So what’s their baseline? Base wildtrak? Wildtrak + front steel bumper? Wildtrak with lux package? Badlands with rear steel bumper…?

It means nothing, it‘s ridiculous. We need the spring rates for each trim, engine and options and their spring rate to compare. I have a fully loaded Badlands Sasquatch Lux which is the heaviest Bronco you can get by far.
All I can tell you is I have a four door Badlands with SAS, 2.7, and high package with 3" lift. I have 37's also. The rear has an Expedition One bumper and tire carrier with HiLift jack mount and jack. 37" spare tire. I also keep about another 50lbs of gear in back. I have Heavy after market front bumper in front with 10,000 pound Warn Winch and steel front skid plate. My rig floated along and swayed a lot. Sort of like a 1970s Cadillac. I put the Dobinson Springs on it and it rides like stock again. So I don't know about spring rate, but I do know it fixed my problem. I am extremely happy with results. If you put these springs on another Badlands with SAS and Lux, you may not get same results as I. All I can do is share my experience. I don't know but I would bet that any four door with SAS and lot's of added weight would benefit. I can't guarantee it.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's very easy for someone to take their Bronco, put it on a truck scale, and for $13 or so you will know exactly how much weight is on the back axle and how much weight is on the front.

It would be nice if I could use those numbers to then go pick springs :)

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sensors work great. No problems at all.

All I can tell you is I have a four door Badlands with SAS, 2.7, and high package with 3" lift. I have 37's also. The rear has an Expedition One bumper and tire carrier with HiLift jack mount and jack. 37" spare tire. I also keep about another 50lbs of gear in back. I have Heavy after market front bumper in front with 10,000 pound Warn Winch and steel front skid plate. My rig floated along and swayed a lot. Sort of like a 1970s Cadillac. I put the Dobinson Springs on it and it rides like stock again. So I don't know about spring rate, but I do know it fixed my problem. I am extremely happy with results. If you put these springs on another Badlands with SAS and Lux, you may not get same results as I. All I can do is share my experience. I don't know but I would bet that any four door with SAS and lot's of added weight would benefit. I can't guarantee it.

I have no doubt it solved your issue and you were lucky that the unannounced spring rate of what your bought happened to be exactly what you needed.
But me and other people don't have this luck and don't want to buy 5 different springs to guess work and hope that it matches the need.

We need spring rates or axle weight to be able to properly select the spring.

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no doubt it solved your issue and you were lucky that the unannounced spring rate of what your bought happened to be exactly what you needed.
But me and other people don't have this luck and don't want to buy 5 different springs to guess work and hope that it matches the need.

We need spring rates or axle weight to be able to properly select the spring.
I get it and agree. As I originally posted, I actually bought a set of ARB rear HD springs that would not work. They would not fit the SAS Bilstein top hat even though a tech at ARB told me they would. It cost time and money to find out they would not work. That is the main reason I made this post. I could not find hardly any info on springs. I even called Bilstein and they told me they had no info on the stock SAS Bilstein's because that was a Ford deal. I just feel lucky that I found a solution to my issue. I will say that out of every manufacturer I spoke with, Dobinson seemed to be the most knowledgeable and helpful. Hopefully as time moves forward, more options, test, and info will come available. As an added note, Eibach told me several months ago that they were working on heavier load springs and should be out in a few weeks. Again, that was several months ago.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, but it might be nice to have their springs and shocks put together, and simply swap the coilovers every time I need to tow ;)
Sponsored