Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I promoted the idea across several platforms for over a year, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I got sick of hearing so many people willing to just accept the 2.3L "good enough for now" engine in the Ranger. If it's just a hybrid though, not interested.

If it has some active air suspension system like a Land Rover or Lincoln I am definitely out. I don't have several years more to wait to see if its a total flop or maintenance disaster.
The hybrid version of that engine is ludicrous. I can't imagine a bronco with more power than the f150 raptor but that is what sherminator is saying..not sure what his source is. Just under 500 hp and 620 torque sign me up! Lol. But, I thought people on this forum had figured out from the bronco r that it was the 2.7 (based on oil pan location or something). From my understanding the R was supposed to have production suspension and engine.
Sponsored

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
A number of points to offer here.
1. The vehicle does appear to have an adjustable height suspension, similar to a Range Rover. Wife had an LR a decade ago, and it worked well for clearing snow banks from plows, etc. Great to avoid rocks or a curb at the mall....It was noisy but suprisingly never was a problem.

2. If the wheel on the vehicle has the same bolt pattern as the new Ranger, I believe to be 6x5.5" or 6x139.7mm I have transposed it onto the new Bronco prototype. The wheel is 18" and the tire does appear to be a 255/70/18 which puts it at 32.1". Dueler A/Ts come in this size, and I had them on a Sahara with 18" wheels. Yes, they looked small, they were more like all seasons in appearance.

3. I believe the wheelbase is shorter than the Wrangler 4 door by about 10 inches, but overall length similar due to the much shorter overhangs with a more contoured front bumper. I believe the Jeep has over a foot from the grille to the leading edge. Maybe someone can verify.

Last edited:

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nobody is cross shopping a Bronco and a Telluride.
Wrong about that.
Maybe not their first thought, but once you start looking at real world budgets, LOTS of people start at a price point and then drop off.
My wife started looking at Tesla and BMW EVs. Ended up with a Ford Energi.
Lots of people start at Ford/Toyota and end up with Kia/Hyundai.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If some of these rumors swirling around are true... holy shit. HUD, air suspension, aviator drivetrain???? Could be fucking badass.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing to consider, IF there is some sort of air/active suspension option , the front IFS with a sway bar disconnect and some computer Tom foolery could be made to mimic a front straight axle in ‘rock crawl’ mode. Possibly by sharing air between the front air springs. (Left front tire gets pushed up and sends pressure to the right side pushing the right down like a straight axle).

Sport or eco mode could lower the bronco on the highway etc for better handling/mileage.

I have no proof of that I’m just spitballing.
This is absolutely insane.

And it makes sense.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm kind of mixed on the thought of air/active suspension. On one hand if its built right it would be super useful, but on the other I just see it as something to break and will be very expensive to fix.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think we are seeing a lot of similar styling cues to the baby bronco. Looks like they are going to heavily share cosmetic DNA.
Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 1579095966871

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anyone wants a good laugh go check out the comments on Car and Driver's instagram post of the spy shots. Sooo much bad info being passed back and forth.
I was just there, definitely "special" there

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm kind of mixed on the thought of air/active suspension. On one hand if its built right it would be super useful, but on the other I just see it as something to break and will be very expensive to fix.
I had the option of getting my Ram with one, instead I got the tired and true set up

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrong about that.
Maybe not their first thought, but once you start looking at real world budgets, LOTS of people start at a price point and then drop off.
My wife started looking at Tesla and BMW EVs. Ended up with a Ford Energi.
Lots of people start at Ford/Toyota and end up with Kia/Hyundai.
People actually want EVs?? Why? They're rolling crematoriums on wheels should the battery get punctured
Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! jaguar_i-pace_battery-cutaway

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
People actually want EVs?? Why? They're rolling crematoriums on wheels should the battery get punctured
Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! jaguar_i-pace_battery-cutaway
I read somewhere that the weight increase of hundreds and hundreds of pounds REALLY offsets the performance gains. Then there is the issue of braking and handling, although it is concentrated so low in the chassis. This engineering design reminds me of a 1960-70s die cast Hot Wheels car...