Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure I probably missed this, but how exactly did Ford allocate FE's above 3,500 to 7,000? Who exactly reserved 3,501-7,000 and how did they reserve those FE's?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theory is the reservation system allowed more people to reserve beyond the initial 3500... and instead of pissing off half the buyers, they decided to just double the amount they were going to make.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Theory is the reservation system allowed more people to reserve beyond the initial 3500... and instead of pissing off half the buyers, they decided to just double the amount they were going to make.
"Theory" yes...but it would be nice to know exactly what happened and how 3,501-7,000 got reserved.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Theory" yes...but it would be nice to know exactly what happened and how 3,501-7,000 got reserved.
I mean, they got reserved on reservation night.

The FE reservations filled up, and then shortly thereafter Ford announced that actually they took 7000 FE reservations because of the “overhelming demand” or something.

It’s not like anyone knew In the moment they were 3501+. The system just accepted their reservation.

Is that what you’re asking? Or do you mean the technical reasons why the reservation system allowed it?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...vations-cap-increased-from-3500-to-7000.2570/

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, they got reserved on reservation night.

The FE reservations filled up, and then shortly thereafter Ford announced that actually they took 7000 FE reservations because of the “overhelming demand” or something.

It’s not like anyone knew In the moment they were 3501+. The system just accepted their reservation.

Is that what you’re asking? Or do you mean the technical reasons why the reservation system allowed it?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...vations-cap-increased-from-3500-to-7000.2570/
I'm asking how a person had the opportunity to get an FE after the first 3,500 reservations were full. Did Ford actually take more orders by accident? It would be nice to know what exactly happened.

In the video tonight, Estaban talked about #3,501 and that it would be a MY21. That's what led me to asking what exactly happened with the FE's.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When you choose which trim, in their case "FE", your trim doesn't get you a bonus point but the "FE" does.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford will almost certainly never say. No sense worrying about it.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It took me two hours to reserve my FE. Towards the end I remember the site would let you reserve a 2 door but popped up reservation full on 4 door. I believe the system was so messed up it reserved 3500 2-doors and 3500 4-doors. To avoid a lawsuit and a bunch of angry folks, Ford doubled the number to 7000 and called it a day. Just my humble opinion ?.

Ken87BroncoII

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-350 XLT Crew
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like many of you, I struggled with the reservation website all night on July 13. I gave up and went to bed. I woke up on July 14th and tried one more time around 7 AM Eastern - and I got an FE! Maybe I was #7000!

2-door, Area 51, Black interior. Converted to an order on Jan. 20. Now I continue to wait patiently, as we have all been doing for years now.

By the way, my dealer said that they are only allowed one (1) FE order per dealer. I didn't press the issue with him, but do any of you know what that's about? If it's a volume thing, my dealer is in North Jersey, a stones throw from Manhattan, and they move a shit-ton of cars. What gives?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you, I struggled with the reservation website all night on July 13. I gave up and went to bed. I woke up on July 14th and tried one more time around 7 AM Eastern - and I got an FE! Maybe I was #7000!

2-door, Area 51, Black interior. Converted to an order on Jan. 20. Now I continue to wait patiently, as we have all been doing for years now.

By the way, my dealer said that they are only allowed one (1) FE order per dealer. I didn't press the issue with him, but do any of you know what that's about? If it's a volume thing, my dealer is in North Jersey, a stones throw from Manhattan, and they move a shit-ton of cars. What gives?
First I've heard of that... and it doesn't pass the sniff test since every FE reservation holder is entitled to one, so assuming a dealer is capable of having more than one FE holder reserved with them...

There was some speculation that any FE reservation that is cancelled or changed to a different trim, would still get built, and those (un-spoken for) FE units would be sold as dealer stock... That was a rumor, but if it is true, maybe that's what the dealer was referring to. Only one non-reserved FE per dealer for them to sell to someone off the street.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pretty sure that's not quite right.

if you look in the Stephan's Auto Center thread, they state they're contacting all of their FE reservations first, then going back for the rest. certainly implies a number greater than one.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna chalk that up to some Fake News. My current dealer has close to 40 FE reservations and I bet Granger has double that and probably more.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My guess is the reservation system allowed for 3500 two doors and 3500 four doors and didn't reduce the available count for two doors when a four door was reserved and vice versa.
Sponsored