Sponsored

Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco?

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm running a roadmaster nighthawk with the roadmaster adapters for the recovery points on the OEM HD Modular Bumper. Pulled the Bronco almost 5000 miles over the last year with that setup, no issues.

Paul
Thank you Paul, what wiring harness are you using for the Bronco lights?
Brian
Sponsored

pbryan

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you have to modify anything to get the adaptors to fit on the d-rings? The ones I received are too tight to slip over to put the pin in.
I used the 035-1, fit fine with no mods.

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the 035-1, fit fine with no mods.
That's the one I purchased and it's just a hair too tight to fit on d-rings. Ugh!

pbryan

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you Paul, what wiring harness are you using for the Bronco lights?
Brian
I have a Big Bend (not LED tail lights) I used the RM-152 kit, since the tow bar came with the 7-pin cable and connector. I installed a trailer hitch at the same time, so I spliced the roadmaster harness into the Curt trailer hitch harness that I used and installed them together. Only tricky part was finding places to mount the diodes that didn't interfere with the lights or other trim panels, but it wasn't too hard.

Paul

pbryan

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's the one I purchased and it's just a hair too tight to fit on d-rings. Ugh!
Interesting, I have a '22, fits no problem, even has a little play.

Sponsored

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Big Bend (not LED tail lights) I used the RM-152 kit, since the tow bar came with the 7-pin cable and connector. I installed a trailer hitch at the same time, so I spliced the roadmaster harness into the Curt trailer hitch harness that I used and installed them together. Only tricky part was finding places to mount the diodes that didn't interfere with the lights or other trim panels, but it wasn't too hard.

Paul
Again thank you Paul, we have an outer banks model which does have the LED lights.
Brian

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jcr winch mount, Airforce one, made my own diode kit for lighting & charge wire 6 pin and offroad adapters for blue ox tow bar on BRaptor
Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? flat tow raptor
Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? airforce one install

Yikes!

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is anyone using the LOD Offroad front bumper frame tie(bft2101) with their mod bumper? I do like that it gives a place to hook safety cables. Just got my new 23 WT and itching to get it hooked to the motorhome.

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is anyone using the LOD Offroad front bumper frame tie(bft2101) with their mod bumper? I do like that it gives a place to hook safety cables. Just got my new 23 WT and itching to get it hooked to the motorhome.
yep worked good added couple rings to extended down on raptor due skid plate
Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? CBF6DC7E-484B-4481-ACDC-12F615A5CB69

cwik

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Post #526, I had to cut notches in the bumper of my OBX to accommodate the LOD brackets. But it looks like different trims have different bumper clearances.

Sponsored

Yikes!

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Much appreciate the help. Thanks folks, for not executing me for not finding it with a search! :) I was sure I read this whole 40 page thread. This is so full of valuable information, it needs an index! We are hoping to hit the Mighty 5 in Utah in May. Got a lot of adds to make to the bronco before then.

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the latest software release that gave full screen CarPlay did anything for the electronic brake booster?

BeardedRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond; Ram Rebel 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks so much for everyone posting on this topic. I've learned so much but of course have sooo many questions.

I've seen some post their setups with the JCR Vanguard bumper. Is anyone using the JCR Crusader front bumper in their flat tow setup? Would it work equally as well or are the attachment points on it not suitable for flat towing? Thanks!

Yikes!

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has there been a change in the modular bumper hooks? I have seen that the Roadmaster 035-1 seems to work for some but others are saying they are a bit too narrow to fit. I measured mine and I am certain that they will not fit. Mine are 1-1/16+. I have not put the calipers to it yet but definitely bigger that the 1 inch. I would much prefer a proper adapter but would entertain switching out the modular hooks for something that is 1" wide or another solution. Really trying not to buy another bumper. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored