Sponsored

Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco?

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have the OTA , also have Air Force one. Should I plug the exhaust port as well?
I don't have air force one. I have the Roadmaster BrakeMaster system.

Perhaps you meant to quote somebody else?
Sponsored

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, regarding the installation of a Demco Air Force One into a 2.7l Bronco. The issue involves hookup for the vacuum lines: there are none in the 2.7L which has electrically augmented brakes.

I submitted an inquiry to Demco to confirm that no vacuum hookup is needed, meaning plug the vacuum port on the AF! Controller. There is a second (Exhaust). port s well.

Here is today’s reply from Demco:

With Ford’s newest update from approx. 2 weeks ago, we understand that you would plug both ports. The brake pedal does get hard under those circumstances. We are currently looking for a Bronco we can test it on ourselves
I would be sure that you have Ford’s newest update installed, and you could always test this yourself to be 100% sure.

Thank you,

Michael Keninger

Sales/Customer Service
RV, SBS, & Rental

4010 320th Street • Boyden, IA 51234
712-725-3361 • 800-543-3626
www.demco-products.com

BeardedRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond; Ram Rebel 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First, thanks to all who have posted questions, answers and rigging info in this thread. It is so very helpful!

I have a capable bumper that I would like to set up to flat tow. I want to swap the D rings for the modular bumpers tow hook brackets or something similar. Like done here in post #12.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/flat-towing-w-capable-bumper.46200/

I could go with the Ford Performance tow hooks for $160. They come in blue, red and orange. The blue would go well with my white black diamond, but I would prefer black as the blue is a little flashy for me.

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...efSrc=7306598777023&nosto=productpage-nosto-3

Searching the Ford parts website I came across these:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/bumpers/towing-hook-support-bracket-14757989-1?pdp=y

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/bumpers/towing-hook-support-bracket-14758657-1?pdp=y

Prices of $219 and $230 seem high for just the brackets. I'm not clear what the difference between the two are and I'm also not sure exactly what you get for that price. I search specifically for 17A954C and 17A954D and come up with nothing.

Can anyone more adept at parts ordering please shed some light on this? Thank you in advance!

Jmoffroad66

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally got it done. Was able to use my existing Readybrake Ready Brute Elite II tow bar. No overpriced braking system required. With this system it connects directly to the brake pedal via a cable routed through the floor. Just like the Jeep Wrangler setup. I have the modular bumper with recovery points. I am adding the LOD frame tie in brackets so that I can use the custom ordered tow bar clevis on those points because they want measurements since all the recovery points may be off a hair. I then crudely made a light bar for the back of the Bronco so I have the necessary lights and ran a trailer wire harness under the Bronco so I can connect to the motorhome using another short coiled tow harness so the trailer harness stays in the Bronco. I did a check of the brakes by putting the Bronco in tow mode, left the driver window down, waited over an hour and came back and pressed the brake pedal through the window without disturbing anything and the brakes worked just fine. Couldn’t move the vehicle at all.

036E1C31-DC77-40E5-8442-D3E90F0B9B58.jpeg

B7C02504-EB33-42C6-8956-271CEC149E19.jpeg

CACDA2CC-BCB4-4FB1-9F98-28CE4DAAE354.jpeg

3B017C43-9FC7-485F-8DA4-6A69C2DC5893.jpeg

00F1C448-C2A8-41B6-805C-A60FC1A90D6A.jpeg

421C9602-73E1-4C90-A15B-2D91C7D9B286.jpeg

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where do attach/mount you lights on the back of the Bronco?
Also looks like you are an Air Force Veteran, thank you for your service.
Brian

Sponsored

Jmoffroad66

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where do attach/mount you lights on the back of the Bronco?
Also looks like you are an Air Force Veteran, thank you for your service.
Brian
Thank you. I drilled 2 small holes in the hitch and use 2 5/16 bolts with wing nuts and lock washers. Crude but it works. Going to switch them out with cotter pins and bolts. A little easier. Wanted to use the hitch pin without interfering with anything else. Would take a little more craftiness.

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question about mounting a Demco Air Force One (AF1) on my 2.7L Badlands 4-door.

I plan to install the AF1 myself - I have one on my 2016 Ford Edge Sport that I will remove before I trade it in. I tow behind a Tiffin Breeze diesel pusher. I have the Demco Reinstall kit.

My Bronco build status just changed to “In Production.” Hurray! So, I don’t have a car to look over yet,.

My question: How have others mounted the AF1 unit under the Bronco 2.7L hood? Will I need a bracket or support?

I appreciate any advice - pictures would help a lot!!!!

Thanks

Gargantua

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M1083A1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a question about mounting a Demco Air Force One (AF1) on my 2.7L Badlands 4-door.

I plan to install the AF1 myself - I have one on my 2016 Ford Edge Sport that I will remove before I trade it in. I tow behind a Tiffin Breeze diesel pusher. I have the Demco Reinstall kit.

My Bronco build status just changed to “In Production.” Hurray! So, I don’t have a car to look over yet,.

My question: How have others mounted the AF1 unit under the Bronco 2.7L hood? Will I need a bracket or support?

I appreciate any advice - pictures would help a lot!!!!

Thanks
I used velcro to install on top of the fuse box.

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used velcro to install on top of the fuse box.
Thanks Gargantua!

And one more question, if I may.

How did you pass the air line through the firewall?

Gargantua

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M1083A1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Gargantua!

And one more question, if I may.

How did you pass the air line through the firewall?
you’re welcome. There is a large rubber grommet for running such things near the steering shaft.

Sponsored

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you’re welcome. There is a large rubber grommet for running such things near the steering shaft.

Much appreciated!

Any advice or comment about the AF1, Brake light and/or tow setup?

Jeff2Lewis

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally got it done. Was able to use my existing Readybrake Ready Brute Elite II tow bar. No overpriced braking system required. With this system it connects directly to the brake pedal via a cable routed through the floor. Just like the Jeep Wrangler setup. I have the modular bumper with recovery points. I am adding the LOD frame tie in brackets so that I can use the custom ordered tow bar clevis on those points because they want measurements since all the recovery points may be off a hair. I then crudely made a light bar for the back of the Bronco so I have the necessary lights and ran a trailer wire harness under the Bronco so I can connect to the motorhome using another short coiled tow harness so the trailer harness stays in the Bronco. I did a check of the brakes by putting the Bronco in tow mode, left the driver window down, waited over an hour and came back and pressed the brake pedal through the window without disturbing anything and the brakes worked just fine. Couldn’t move the vehicle at all.

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? 421C9602-73E1-4C90-A15B-2D91C7D9B286

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? 421C9602-73E1-4C90-A15B-2D91C7D9B286

So that smittybilt Clevis will work with the modular bumper recovery points? With the frame tie in brackets

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you’re welcome. There is a large rubber grommet for running such things near the steering shaft
Gargantua, thanks again for your help.

I am thinking about how to attach, on the front of the vehicle, the electrical, air line and breakaway ring connections to the bumper area.

Could I ask how solved this problem?

Thanks again!

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a Youtube video walkthrough of my 2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks edition connected to my RV using a Curt Rambler tow bar and Demco Stay-IN-Play DUO Braking System.

I have the Heavy-Duty Modular bumper with the D-bar connectors, so I didn't have to change anything on the bumper to connect the tow bar. I used https://www.etrailer.com/p-C59JR.html

I had the Ford dealer update the ABS software with the March 7th 2023 release that fixes the EBB sleep problem so that I don't have to pull the 2 60A fuses and wait the 5 minutes to pull the fuses after the Bronco goes into sleep.

For those of you that don't tow with a baseplate (e.g., us the recovery points with a modular bumper) how far off the ground (e.g., distance from the ground to the recovery point) are the recovery points?
Sponsored