Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost always wear boots and can't feel heat through them anyway so I have no idea what it's doing. My heated seats and numbered temp knobs are treating me right though. 😁
Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Talking about cold feet in a vehicle

Anyone remember the Toyota Land Cruiser 2 door models that had the big honking heater mounted to the floor of the rear compartment.? It was mounted between the 2 front seats and just into the back compartment where the fold up rear seats were.

We had to keep a metal milk crate over it to keep from getting burned if we touched it.

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We played with it a lot this weekend trying to get warm air to my daughter in the back seat and found that no matter what setting, it seemed to blast the defrost. Even when just the feet, or just the dash vents were selected, the defroster blasted. We never got the dash or floor vents to blow any significant heat.
This sounds like a service visit. Clearly the dampers are not routing the air properly. I have a two door and haven't even checked the back (don't know if it even has floor vents back there) but changing the options on the front works fine and is very noticeable.

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes sir!
I was one of the earlier posters about this - and of course at the time of posting I got mad shit for saying it was unacceptable.

Few months later and everyone is having the same issue
always strange how much shit people get here for rightfully complaining about subpar quality.

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The heated seats and steering wheel for those who have it really work well. The dash vents are also super hot.
I have started just pointing the dash vents down and it seems to help the foot area, or my thighs get so hot I'm burning my flesh so my feet become 2nd thought.

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DOES FORD KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM......

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked mine, though we haven't had it long and we haven't noticed a lack of floor heat yet. Sure enough, the purple duct on the passenger side was not "attached" to the blower unit. The blue HX2 clip was not there and the duct was not sealed up against the blower. With the glove box rotated out of the way and to the floor, I was able to get the mounting flange where HX2 inserts stuck on something to hold it in place against the blower. The duct is NOT supposed to be inserted into the blower as far as I can tell, it just has to rest against the foam gasket around the opening when clipped in place with HX2. There is now plenty of air flow, though I'm not sure it will stay in place long term. The dash will likely need to come apart below the HVAC controls in order to reach the clip. Driver's side seems fine, not loose, but the air velocity is not as high as the passenger side. It could be the result of the vent at 18C299A being so much larger, i.e. lots of air but not fast moving. There is no room to reach up and see if the duct is aligned to the blower opening.

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put the cruise control on and sit cross legged with my seat heater on cranked up!

It keeps my feet warm and only mildly reduces my reaction time when a braking emergency occurs!

MGoMike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m sorry what? I was trying to be genuine. That’s the HVAC system which is a two part case design. I can understand the confusion and hence helped point out what it wasn’t.
It was a bit condescending, to be fair.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sorry what? I was trying to be genuine. That’s the HVAC system which is a two part case design. I can understand the confusion and hence helped point out what it wasn’t.
Well aware it's the HVAC system. My question was if it was from the Bronco or the Sport. The engine/trans in the background is from the Sport.