Sponsored

Floor Jack and Jack Stand Recommendations?

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is not true. And after all the problems with harbor freight and failing jack stands not sure why anyone would trust their life under a car with any of their products.

The jacks look similar because the Snapon fj200 and fj300 were the best selling jacks and harbor freight took it in reverse engineer it. So itā€™s a copy not a same factory. But if you buy on price and not quality then yes good luck and I hope yourself or a loved one is not injured.
Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are looking for specific floor jack recommendations, Iā€™m sure someone will chime in with someā€¦ but I did want to share that depending on your vehicles, you may not be able to find tools that will work with both the bronco and minivan dependingā€¦

Iā€™ve had to acquire two sets of jacks and stands to comfortably handle our fleetā€¦.

1624412741402.jpeg
Zack dm me if you are in mass. Iā€™ll hook you up with your local Snapon dealer.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is not true. And after all the problems with harbor freight and failing jack stands not sure why anyone would trust their life under a car with any of their products.

The jacks look similar because the Snapon fj200 and fj300 were the best selling jacks and harbor freight took it in reverse engineer it. So itā€™s a copy not a same factory. But if you buy on price and not quality then yes good luck and I hope yourself or a loved one is not injured.
You never get under a vehicle with a floor jack only, you always use quality jack stands.

If what you say is true then why did Snap-On sue Harbor Freight and then settle?

Snap-on, Harbor Freight settle floor jack case

Harbor Freightā€™s bold, boasting that they sell the same Floor Jack as Snap-On except theyā€™re legally allowed to thanks to a settlement between the two parties.
According to BizTimes, back in 2016, Snap-On sued Harbor Freight for selling the Daytona FJ3000 alleging that Harbor Freight copied a patented design of their FJ300.

Snap-On sought an injunction from a California Court to stop the sales of the alleged copied design.

Harbor Freight filed a counter lawsuit that they were misleading consumers, heavily leaning on advertising from Snap-On that their jack is American assembled when, while true, are ultimately assembled from parts sourced from China.

The ruling judge ruled that there was enough advertising and visual differences between the two designs that wouldnā€™t fool a regular purchaser into thinking both floor jacks were exactly the same.
g31RlJzl.jpg

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Canā€™t say much for the mini van... but for the Bronco, you probably wonā€™t actually need a jack... unless your creeper is Sasquatched as well. šŸ˜‰

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Canā€™t say much for the mini van... but for the Bronco, you probably wonā€™t actually need a jack... unless your creeper is Sasquatched as well. šŸ˜‰
FWIW I got under a Sasquatch no problem just due to the tires. Tons of room for an oil change like a couple people have suggested there should be.

Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You never get under a vehicle with a floor jack only, you always use quality jack stands.

If what you say is true then why did Snap-On sue Harbor Freight and then settle?

Snap-on, Harbor Freight settle floor jack case

Harbor Freightā€™s bold, boasting that they sell the same Floor Jack as Snap-On except theyā€™re legally allowed to thanks to a settlement between the two parties.

g31RlJzl.jpg
Clearly says copy so thank you for helping the point.
The lawsuit had more to do with the icon name being used on boxes so cases were dropped.
Thanks for playing

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Zack dm me if you are in mass. Iā€™ll hook you up with your local Snapon dealer.
This is how people's children go hungry at night.

Beware the Snap-on man, he's the drug dealer you have to watch out for!!!

But if you get a 60" box with tools, he'll invite you out on his yacht when his kids are back from Yale, so there's that!

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've decided that I want to perform the oil changes and tire rotations on my wife's minivan AND my future Bronco instead of taking them to the dealer and/or shop. Do you have any recommendations for both a low clearance floor jack and jack stands that will be compatible with a sasquatched Bronco?

I'm worried that the Bronco will want to "sit" on the ground due to the extra travel in the off-road suspension and there won't be enough clearance to actually lift the 35" tires off the ground. Is this even a valid concern?
Just for oil changes, no need for a jack. Remember that jack stands are rated as a pair. A 4 ton jackstand set is saying that both can support 4 tons together. There are some good long travel jacks on amazon, but its up to you to do some research.

Nu2Fordz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, BMW M6, GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clearly says copy so thank you for helping the point.
The lawsuit had more to do with the icon name being used on boxes so cases were dropped.
Thanks for playing
Definitely need to be careful with HF purchases. Some items okay, others not so much. Also wouldn't confuse the jack stands with jacks. I am on a lot of car forums and many people recommend the Daytona jack pictured earlier based on their experiences.

Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

C4MAN

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door base
Your Bronco Model
Base

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

eMan

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So stupid question.
I want to leave the bronco on stands for a few days while I get rims painted. Do I leave the jack stands at the jack point behind the tires and lift the front and back in with jack under the axles ?

Sorry any suggestions to keep me out of emerg is very helpful.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
So stupid question.
I want to leave the bronco on stands for a few days while I get rims painted. Do I leave the jack stands at the jack point behind the tires and lift the front and back in with jack under the axles ?

Sorry any suggestions to keep me out of emerg is very helpful.
I would use the frame for all stands and lifting/jacking
Sponsored