Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

Sumer11

Black Diamond
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford f150 stx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have one. Im 4' 11" and in order to open my soft top. i have to climb into the back and start opening it that way so im not damaging it or scarping it against the frame bars.
other than that its awesome and i find myself enjoying it more every time i drive it. i traded my 2013 f150 for it and i dont notice a difference and easier to get around things with it. most defiantly impressed. It also causes a argument between my fiancƩ and i who has the toughest vehicle. his 22 ford ranger or my 22 ford bronco. I usually win ;)
Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, this one is weird, and has me thinking maybe electrical issue, but just now sure. Whenever I take the vehicle for a wash, when I get out of vehicle I lock the doors (double click to get audible honk). However, when I start washing the car, as I'm spraying the vehicle with the hand wand, especially in back corner areas, I notice my tail-lights and read lights come on quickly and then turn off. And if I'm spraying the front corners, same thing happens with side lights. Its really weird, almost like they have some kind of motion sensor or something. Maybe its a feature I'm not aware of, but want to make sure its not electrical.
Thats due to the touchless entry. It will do it if the key is in your pocket because the doors unlock when you grab them. I hang my keys on a rack when I wash it for that reason. My mustang did the same thing.

NewToBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo S60, 2012 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

12k on mine. The only annoyance is the soft top whistle when the top is up. My solution is simple - keep the top off as much as possible.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That I canā€™t get a washout floor for my OBX. I think ford should offer it across the board. Or as an accessory. Not much else I can complain about Iā€™ve put about 1000 miles on and dang it drives nice.
EDIT* I found a complaint! That all the doors donā€™t have the passive entry handles. It happened again today I want to open the rear door but itā€™s locked so I have to grab the front handle to unlock the rear doors.
Then why go for the OBX? I think ford had too many trim levels. Too hard to differentiate everyone. 4 trims would be plenty.
Entry with only front doors is standard across the industry. Is the any car that offers rear entry?

Some Jeep guy was pissed that he couldnā€™t get the rubicon without passive entry. Haha.

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Auto start/stop is terrible. I purchased the wired - go around thingy for $90. Installation was about 30 minutes.
Works great and haven't needed to push the button since installed.

2. The carpet is really difficult to vaccum in the backseat. The floor has several undulations so there are cracks were debris can go and get stuck.

3. The 2 door backseat is kinda inaccesible if you just try and throw a jacket back there and then want to grab it. I almost always have to move the seat up to grab anything I have thrown back there. Then I hate having to move the seat to access the back and then fiddle back and forth afterwards trying to get my seat back into the previous position.

Sponsored

Jolo86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLC 300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco definitely has its warts. Not going to list them all, just the ones that really drive me crazy.

• B&O system sucked - Fixed ā˜‘
  • Windows - rattle, catch when opening and rattle, just a really bad design and or implementation - hours spent by dealer and me working on, better but still suck
  • Wind noise from hard top - stuff some crap in the gaps on panel gaskets and it helps
  • The longer i own it the more rattles and squeaks pop up - tired of looking for and fixing these - too many to list - buy some krytox lube
  • Interior lighting is non existent - not easy fix with lighting system Ford uses - good news is two different vendors have solutions coming soon........
Model yr 24/25 after mid-cycle refresh are going to get one hell of a SUV. We get the early adopter warts.
What two vendors are providing solutions to the interior lighting?

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Then why go for the OBX? I think ford had too many trim levels. Too hard to differentiate everyone. 4 trims would be plenty.
Entry with only front doors is standard across the industry. Is the any car that offers rear entry?

Some Jeep guy was pissed that he couldnā€™t get the rubicon without passive entry. Haha.
My wifeā€™s blazer has the button but in all four doors. Itā€™s just one of those things Iā€™m not pissed but find it odd. Also the rear swing gate passive only works the swing gate when unlocking lol sonic your loading groceries and the kids want to get in I have to either dig the fob out out walk to a front door just they can get in the back. Itā€™s just odd.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because I bought a mannequin and didnā€™t order it. I like almost everything else lol

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wifeā€™s blazer has the button but in all four doors. Itā€™s just one of those things Iā€™m not pissed but find it odd. Also the rear swing gate passive only works the swing gate when unlocking lol sonic your loading groceries and the kids want to get in I have to either dig the fob out out walk to a front door just they can get in the back. Itā€™s just odd.
Considering 150k orders most people purchased what they ordered. For me personally I would not get a obx if I did not want that trim.

So Bronco or Blazer?

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
My biggest complaint is no cooler seats and that I donā€™t have time to take it off-road. My wife drives it to take kids to school and weā€™ve only taken it to the beach once.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considering 150k orders most people purchased what they ordered. For me personally I would not get a obx if I did not want that trim.
šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Iā€™m not sure where you are getting I donā€™t want the trim? I want all the options it has just wish there were an accessory wash out floor available. There are this that believe the Bronco is perfect Iā€™m more itā€™s a first year vehicle that needs small refinements.
my wife has a ā€˜20 blazer premier. Totally different vehicles ones the family hauler that drives nearly as good as a sports car and has ton of comfort features. Then thereā€™s the bronco a bit more rugged more truck like than suv but I still wanted some creature comforts. I came from a 2017 F250.
So Bronco or Blazer?

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my Bronco, but if Iā€™m being super pickyā€¦cooled seats and less wind noise would make it even better.

Last edited:

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats due to the touchless entry. It will do it if the key is in your pocket because the doors unlock when you grab them. I hang my keys on a rack when I wash it for that reason. My mustang did the same thing.
OK, saw someone else had the same reply, so next time I go I will leave the keys in the vehicle see if it makes a difference. Really weird, I have never seen that before, but glad its a feature and not a gremlin.

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. You have to press the button on steering wheel to activate lane assist. Itā€™s next to the cruise control button. The menu settings you adjusted are not how you turn it on. You have to be going over 40 mph for it to work also.
2. Every one I have seen in person has the crooked ass. Donā€™t understand why they canā€™t put a bumper on straight.
3. Itā€™s because the keys are in your pocket! Why are you locking doors, leave the keys in the SUV! No gremlin here. šŸ˜‚
4. Ya B&O sucks. Easy to fix though with a little $.
5. Hardtop here not sure on this one sounds craptacular.
Thanks Ksrjb03 for the response. Sounds like most of my items it just getting used to how this new vehicle works, glad to know instead of being "bugs". The bumper thing really pisses me off because now that I'm aware of it, I notice it whenever I look at her from the rear. Going to be making my appointment with dealer to have them "straighten her ass out"!
Sponsored