Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Day one, hour two reservation. Took delivery on March 28th (almost 4 weeks ago) . . . 1300 miles in. At first I had a ticking in the hard top - brought it back and it was taken care of - but other than that very minor (and resolved) issue I have absolutely zero complaints.

I had a mannequin (which also happened to be a Wildtrak - but no leather or lux) for a weekend last spring and really enjoyed it . . . but now that I have gotten to know my own WT a little better, with all the features I wanted, I am thrilled.

The ride - especially with the leather - is excellent. The seats are far more comfortable that I expected. Visited my daughter in New Mexico for a week right before taking delivery and rented a Wrangler Sahara - WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The noise - I fully expected it to be loud on the highway. While it is nowhere near as quiet as my F150 at highway speeds there is no problem having a conversation or listening to the music.

Power is great. Space is plentiful for four people and my tiny partner and daughter fit fine in the back with my granddaughter in her car seat between them.

Fuel mileage has been hovering between 17.5 and 18.5 . . . about 50% highway miles, 30% secondary roads and 20% dirt . . . no off-roading yet (winter is just sort of ending). Those are great numbers in my opinion.

I could go on and on . . . bottom line is that, yes, I am loving it!
Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a Bronco thing, you wouldn't understand? Sounds like anyone coming from a Wrangler will feel at home.
. . . or spoiled!

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I captured a lot of my "gripes" in a "one month in" thread, but will summarize some here

1. Wind noise with the MIC top and added sound deadener (got the Bronco up to 75mph today and the wind noise was pretty loud)
2. Bad gas mileage (but it was exactly what Ford said it would be, so not a surprise, but it does suck)
3. Cheap, hard, plastic-y interior that scratches way too easily IMHO. I have scratches on my door where the latch is and the grab handle to close the door, and it is annoying to happen this fast.
4. Window catch when opening door (need to take in to fix passenger rear door) as it definitely keeps me from being able to open the door without a "shudder" because the top of the window grabs the rummer.
5. Auto start/stop. I just push the button when I start the car now. I've had it not "work" at a stop light and had to double-pump the clutch to get the car to start up. Just not dealing with it anymore and just disable immediately.
6. Heating to the footwells is weak
7. Keep moving the headlight knob when getting in, but I think this will be resolved when I get the rock slider steps installed as that will change my angle of entry into the driver's seat.

Two things others have complained about in this thread that I do not have:
1. Squeaks and rattles. I really don't have any to speak of (knock on wood) and nothing that irritates me. Dunno if I just am less sensitive to that type of noise or not
2. Poor stereo system. I only have the High package, not the Lux and the B&O system, but I am very happy with it, the sound quality and volume. I am not a 300W + subwoofer guy anymore (I used to be), but I think the sound system that comes with High is quite good.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The tachometer, the stereo before i made it better, the lack of a 7 pin and the fact it doesn’t return to sport mode when i start it up (also wish sport mode was 2wd when enabled so i didnt have to hit the 2wd button everytime
I thought it came with 7 pin. No?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
rattley windows that bonk around when they don’t clear the seal and when rolled down, front passenger is the worst for me

rear 2 doors contact body when closed, stripping paint from both door and body

Water leaks down a pillar when going through touchless carwash

Both bumpers slightly lower on one side than the other

low rent (cheap-looking) and annoyingly laid out instrument panel compared to other vehicles I have with digital clusters

but at least the power train and drivetrain have been solid so far. Low bar, but it’s something

tbh thinking about getting rid of it soon but we’ll see. My first ford and while it has likeable characteristics, it hasn’t impressed in many ways that other manufacturers have no problem with, from personal experience

Sponsored

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The tailgate on mine has developed an annoying rattle. Rolling the windows down or playing some music masks it though. Everything else about the vehicle seems to be about as expected.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, have had mine for around a month now, about 900 miles on it. Driven it local and some highway miles. There are some gremlins on mine, and I think I'm going to take it back to dealer now that I have it for a month to get it looked at, but some of these features I will never use, but still bugs me they don't work:

1. The Lane-Asisst does not work at all on my vehicle. I have turned it off, even set the vibration and assist on, and nothing. I can switch lanes with no turn signal and nothing happens. I had this on a BMW I had, and that damn car would basically pull the car back into the lane even if I wanted to switch lanes. I was expecting the same kind of feature. I think it's broken, and want to get it looked at. Not because I want to use lane assist, I don't, but it bothers me that is doesn't work and what if there are other issues that this is causing.
  2. My rear bumper is not align correctly. On the driver side, I can slide my full index finger between the corner of the vehicle and the bumper. But on the passenger side, I can almost get two fingers into the same gap. I can see more of the wiring being exposed on the passenger side too, then on the drivers side. I have seen this posted on Facebook Bronco groups as a common issue, plan on taking back to dealer to see if they can align the rear bumper better.
  3. OK, this one is weird, and has me thinking maybe electrical issue, but just now sure. Whenever I take the vehicle for a wash, when I get out of vehicle I lock the doors (double click to get audible honk). However, when I start washing the car, as I'm spraying the vehicle with the hand wand, especially in back corner areas, I notice my tail-lights and read lights come on quickly and then turn off. And if I'm spraying the front corners, same thing happens with side lights. Its really weird, almost like they have some kind of motion sensor or something. Maybe its a feature I'm not aware of, but want to make sure its not electrical.
  4. I have the B&O system, and I upgraded mainly for the 12" screen, navigation, etc. that came with LUX package, because I had read before I ordered that the B&O was not worth the money. They were right, now don't get me wrong, the sound is decent, but for B&O, I was expecting a whole lot more. I upgraded my son's Jeep Rubicon with Alpine products, and that is one of the best damn sound systems I have heard. Really disappointed in the Sub by far, it sucks. I have a soft top, and took top down a couple of weekends ago, and on highway, definitely have to crank up the volume to hear, had to turn bass level down because I could hear the sub struggling, sounded really bad.
  5. The water dripping right into the drivers side is a real world struggle, don' know how to solve this issue. Happens every time I take my Bronco for wash. I have to really try and dry the soft top above the drivers side, but there are not enough towels in the world to get that thing from dropping water.

1. You have to press the button on steering wheel to activate lane assist. It’s next to the cruise control button. The menu settings you adjusted are not how you turn it on. You have to be going over 40 mph for it to work also.
2. Every one I have seen in person has the crooked ass. Don’t understand why they can’t put a bumper on straight.
3. It’s because the keys are in your pocket! Why are you locking doors, leave the keys in the SUV! No gremlin here. 😂
4. Ya B&O sucks. Easy to fix though with a little $.
5. Hardtop here not sure on this one sounds craptacular.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll trade this one in as soon (if ever) as they add the cooled seat option.

Cproffitt3

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 chevy silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reading all of this really makes you debate on even keeping it once you get it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BaseSquatch 2.3L here.
Can't understate how much I love it; my gripes are relatively minor. Buuuut:

1. Already have some faint scratches on the upper plastic "dash pad." Not impressed.
2. Need a new turbo as a result of a bad wastegate; have less than 500 miles on it and issue actually first reared its head on drive home from selling dealer. Ford is aware of issue; waiting on parts to arrive off backorder...
3. Fuel economy sucks, but we knew that going in.
4. Soft top is a bit noisy inside, but we knew that going in.
5. No good cupholders for rear seat, but we knew that going in.
6. Base grade Sync blocks me from using it how I please...I usually throw thousands of MP3s on a USB drive and leave it in the vehicle; I usually leave this on shuffle but occasionally want to select a particular artist or album. I cannot do that if the vehicle is moving more than 7 mph, and unlike our other vehicles, there is no voice command work-around as all voice command requests are passed off to the phone (AA/ CarPlay) which can't control external media devices. Best solution is going to be an expensive add-on (CANopener)...
7. I don't like how overly multiplexed this vehicle is. Some data busses, I can understand, but...even the dome lights are controlled by a network? Really? Was really hoping to tap into that 12V source and expand interior lighting...

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint? 0843ECC7-7605-4405-B84E-FA3D89BF8844

Needs more pineapples

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
It does seem to use up gas quickly... not sure why

rabidmoravians

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought it came with 7 pin. No?
I have a basesquatch and i dont think it was an option. I passed on a few options i wanted though in hopes of getting it before summer which worked
Sponsored