Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my reason why Ford did this. I am guesing that without the liner the interior noise wasn't able to meet or exceed Ford's spec for their interior noise decibel readings. In order to meet or exceed their specs the liner was needed. So that's why they decided to include it on all MIC. But it wouldn't be fair at this point to require it and raise the price for those who opted w/o it. I mean this stuff has to be very cheap to manufacture anyways. Its a thin piece of fabric that machines are able to pre cut several at the same time.
Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So are we saying that we will get a notice of the new amount owing from the dealer ? ...after the $495 OS removed ?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Donā€™t know who else mentioned it but Iā€™m getting on the bandwagon that tops will be ever so slightly modified for 2022 to accommodate the new roof rails

1. Excess inventory of headliner doesnā€™t fit for 2022. Free for everyone
2. Hey itā€™s free! Donā€™t be mad at us that rails arenā€™t compatible after the 1st model year. We basically gave you a MIC top for free (700-500)
3. Esteban explicitly said wait for 2022
4. Webasto is probably getting penalized for their own delays and shortcomings. Ford waited to announce when all conversions are in to go back to webasto and say headliners are now on you, at your cost. Be thankful we arenā€™t being litigious. Also solves supply chain issues for webasto to ship both items combined

ultimately I think our gain isnā€™t Fords loss. But webastos loss. All while ford hides behind lack of compatibility for 2022+ tops/rails

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my reason why Ford did this. I am guesing that without the liner the interior noise wasn't able to meet or exceed Ford's spec for their interior noise decibel readings. In order to meet or exceed their specs the liner was needed. So that's why they decided to include it on all MIC. But it wouldn't be fair at this point to require it and raise the price for those who opted w/o it. I mean this stuff has to be very cheap to manufacture anyways. Its a thin piece of fabric that machines are able to pre cut several at the same time.
Wouldnā€™t it just be way cheaper for Ford to increase their limits for allowable noise? ;)

My vote is on production bottleneck, and their options were either to dissallow it altogether, or have Webasto just put it on the majority of tops before they are shipped to Ford.

Whatever additional expense it causes Ford isnā€™t as much as the amount of time/money it saves.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t know who else mentioned it but Iā€™m getting on the bandwagon that tops will be ever so slightly modified for 2022 to accommodate the new roof rails

2. Hey itā€™s free! Donā€™t be mad at us that rails arenā€™t compatible after the 1st model year. We basically gave you a MIC top for free (700-500)
4. Webasto is probably getting penalized for their own delays and shortcomings. Ford waited to announce when all conversions are in to go back to webasto and say headliners are now on you, at your cost. Be thankful we arenā€™t being litigious. Also solves supply chain issues for webasto to ship both items combined

ultimately I think our gain isnā€™t Fords loss. But webastos loss. All while ford hides behind lack of compatibility for 2022+ tops/rails
Ford Bronco Ford Announces FREE Sound Deadening Headliner For All 2021 Bronco With Hard Tops 1616207660634

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I saw this mentioned further back. Pretty sure it was you that posted it.

One thing you missed is CoverKing is making the headliners, so there are 3 companies involved in this.

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It will be automatically added if you optioned the hard top
Not on the badlands or black diamond they are the marine grade vinyl interior and that according to the original post it is an option that you need to select.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw this mentioned further back. Pretty sure it was you that posted it.

One thing you missed is CoverKing is making the headliners, so there are 3 companies involved in this.
Nope. My initial thoughts differed

anyway. Somethings up. No way it isnā€™t. For the manufacturer to erase a 500 option for 100k+ builds with no explanation...we would be foolish to not read into to

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

anyway. Somethings up. No way it isnā€™t. For the manufacturer to erase a 500 option for 100k+ builds with no explanation...we would be foolish to not read into to
When they tell me here, put this $495 back in your pocket, no way I'm gonna question it. I'm getting out of there before they change their mind.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen the engine bay photos of the 2.7....any chance I can have Ford apply my free headliner under the hood on my MGV Badlands?
Or just keep the hood closed. They may have you "covered" with the High Package (additional sound deadening). You still have to keep that hood closed to be effective for your intended purpose.

FYI2.jpg

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ok, what do you want us to read into it then? Apparently we are ā€œfoolishā€ if we donā€™t read into it...but you left out what we are to read in to avoid being foolish....letā€™s have it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, what do you want us to read into it then? Apparently we are ā€œfoolishā€ if we donā€™t read into it...but you left out what we are to read in to avoid being foolish....letā€™s have it.
Some people seem to need a reason for everything. Ford can run their business any way they see fit. Just build my damn Bronco already.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tq Ford, I will upgrade to Modular Hard Top instead of MIC for my BBšŸ˜Ž

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people seem to need a reason for everything. Ford can run their business any way they see fit. Just build my damn Bronco already.
Yeah, we hear a huge positive and some great news...and some jack offs want to turn it into a negative. They donā€™t know why...but it ā€œmust be badā€.

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe Ford was looking for a way to apologize for the craziness that occurred with this entire process (so disorganized and unprepared) without having to admit their mistakes. This option probably only costs them (their actual cost) $50 or less. Best $50 they'll ever spend to get the loyal customers to smile again. If we're smiling, we're talking up the Bronco and Ford. And yes, it could be a little noisier than some like without it.
Sponsored