First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is horrible, so sorry OP. I had a similar issues with a Jeep dealer but was finally able to solve after demanding to talk to the GM. He ended up pulling parts off of another vehicle on the lot just to make it right. A get that stuff happens but having to find it yourself and that repair job make this completely unacceptable. I never considered an insurance claim for mine but maybe thatā€™s the way hereā€¦. Iā€™d get the better business bureau involved either way.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have found that most dealership body shops are far better than the dealer mechanical shops. Make sure who is doing the repair. Will it be done at the dealership or sub'd out? It a solid color so blending a repair will be easy. Have them also handle the door alignment as well. They have already proven that the mechanical/service side can't handle it.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Be aware!!!

I have a white Sasquatch that had front door damage directly from the factory. It was a very small spot on the bottom left-hand corner. The dealer agreed to have it repainted and blended on the door by a reputable body shop. The body shop did a great job of painting it but the problem is the clearcoat that is put on the white stands out from the factory clearcoat so all the color is a pretty good match the door doesnā€™t look perfect :(. Be aware as even after the repair was done I wish I had never done the repair in the first place.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alright, after reading through everyone's responses, I decided to go with the consensus and let the dealership attempt to repair the Bronco.

A month after the initial damage I dropped off the Bronco and got the F150 loaner. It had been a week and a half and I got the call to go pick it up.

Arrived and saw the Bronco parked in the lot and was eager to check it out. Immediately I notice the hue of the driver rear door being warmer than the rest of the Bronco. I dig deeper.... There are literal RUNS in the paint. lol. I don't know what else to do at this point other than laugh at the idiocy of the dealership.

Besides that, the driver door was untouched and original chips not repaired. The rear fender looks like they tried to hit it with a paint pen and the chip is still there. There's also overspray on the soft top.

Here are some pictures. I'm at a loss at this point and the options seem to be let them "fix it again" as the manager suggested or.... talk to my insurance company and see about taking it to another body shop. I told the manager that I had zero faith in their body shop and he said he can't approve repairs anywhere else.

Ford corporate was zero help and said I can call around and see if another dealer can fix it. Anyways.... feel free to chime in as we journey through this mess together.

PICS

IMG_1852 Medium.jpeg
IMG_1861 Medium.jpeg
IMG_1855 Medium.jpeg
IMG_1853 Medium.jpeg
Wish Iā€™d seen this an warned you. Similar thing happened to me. The issue isnā€™t the white paint. Itā€™s the clear coat. Ford has some weird single stage looking (itā€™s not single stage but still) paint. The body shops will use a good clear coat which when applied with multiple coats increases the ā€œdepthā€ of the paint more than factory.

I was upset on mine. They redid it and itā€™s much better but will never be perfect because of the clear unless the whole car was recleared.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your happy with the bronco and its only the paint that is upsetting you...you could always wrap the bronco?

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Be aware!!!

I have a white Sasquatch that had front door damage directly from the factory. It was a very small spot on the bottom left-hand corner. The dealer agreed to have it repainted and blended on the door by a reputable body shop. The body shop did a great job of painting it but the problem is the clearcoat that is put on the white stands out from the factory clearcoat so all the color is a pretty good match the door doesnā€™t look perfect :(. Be aware as even after the repair was done I wish I had never done the repair in the first place.
You should not have accepted that. Thereā€™s no excuse for anything but a perfect match.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turn it into your insurance. pick your body shop and the insurance will go after the dealership for damages. You wonā€™t even pay the deductible once the dealership pays your insurance.
Yeah, I'd be calling the insurance company and looking for another painter. That's totally unacceptable.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should not have accepted that. Thereā€™s no excuse for anything but a perfect match.
You are missing mg point. Itā€™s IMPOSSIBLE to get it šŸ’Æ on the white car due to the clear coat unless you painted the whole car. I even took it to my trusted body shop person that Iā€™ve worked with for over 20 years. Even he told me that this was the best it could possibly be. As I stated it has all to do with the clearcoat. Even if you blend into a panel as youā€™re supposed to do it those panels have to be clearcoated over which means that the clear will not match the adjoining panels that were not cleared so there will always be a very slight difference. Iā€™ve gotten mine to be extremely close, but that extra coat of clear makes a difference.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are missing mg point. Itā€™s IMPOSSIBLE to get it šŸ’Æ on the white car due to the clear coat unless you painted the whole car. I even took it to my trusted body shop person that Iā€™ve worked with for over 20 years. Even he told me that this was the best it could possibly be. As I stated it has all to do with the clearcoat. Even if you blend into a panel as youā€™re supposed to do it those panels have to be clearcoated over which means that the clear will not match the adjoining panels that were not cleared so there will always be a very slight difference. Iā€™ve gotten mine to be extremely close, but that extra coat of clear makes a difference.
So apparently the paint on new Fords sucks. I admit I havenā€™t had a vehicle repaired in over 20 years and it came out great (98 Explorer rear quarter and hatch replaced) and I chose a highly recommended shop to do it.

If itā€™s apparent itā€™s been repaired then a diminished value claim may also be in order.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So apparently the paint on new Fords sucks. I admit I havenā€™t had a vehicle repaired in over 20 years and it came out great (98 Explorer rear quarter and hatch replaced) and I chose a highly recommended shop to do it.

If itā€™s apparent itā€™s been repaired then a diminished value claim may also be in order.
Yeah the paint is certainly lower quality. I've owned plenty of vehicles, I've NEVER had chipping like this.

OP
OP
Maverickxj

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wellllpā€¦ hereā€™s a recap video and where things ended with this saga and the whole mess if anyone wants to know where it landed.
Thanks for all the help along the way team!

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wellllpā€¦ hereā€™s a recap video and where things ended with this saga and the whole mess if anyone wants to know where it landed.
Thanks for all the help along the way team!

Man I feel your pain. Similar issues with my white MY23. After the 2nd time of the body shop fixing it I couldnā€™t tell a difference ā€¦At least between the door and quarters. Again, because the clear is thicker aftermarket than ford factory there is a slight hue difference but at least now itā€™s not right at the door and instead is at the hood line/fender like which is much harder to notice because of the angles.

Hope you managed to sell without a huge loss :(
Sponsored