Sponsored

Ford delivers another customer run…Ford loves DEALER ADMs!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I love my bronco, but you're absolutely right. This is what that much money buys you in a car:
1686525999410.png

And other than the buck-toothed grill, that's one of the best cars made, and probably doesn't have rattle-y windows and a sub-par roof.
Take the doors off, take the roof off and throw it in 4 low and hit some rocks in Moab and let me know how that BMW does?
Sponsored

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The dealership is not the issue, they agreed to MSRP—-which given the market for bronco raptors is a good deal and a fair deal for both the buyer and dealer…
The dealer did not raise the price…FORD raised the MSRP to the tune of $13,250 from date of order to build date…6 months(it was supposed to be built in February and was delayed until this month June ) which is very convenient for FORD because bronco raptors are not price protected …so FORD has every reason or financial incentive to delay my build.
FORD delayed my build and FORD increased the MSRP $13,250!…the dealer was not responsible for either of these occurrences..

so I stand by my post —-FORD makes great speeches about not encouraging ADMS…but in this case , FORD found a way to add an additional $13,250 on top of my quoted MSRP …FORD loves ADMs as long as they collect the money not the dealer.
If you step back a bit you will see that many manufacturers are doing the same thing. Dealers have been milking the current market and charging ADM’s on almost anything they can. Whatever Ford has tried to stop this clearly hasn’t worked and yet people are still buying them and they’re still near impossible to get. People can say all day long “they’re not worth it” but the market dictates otherwise. So what does a manufacturer do? They raise prices to 1) capitalize on lost profitability, 2) hope the price increases will mitigate or at least minimize dealer ADM, because there is a ceiling at which sales will slow. Does this sound too familiar? It should - this is what the Fed is doing to us now.

Also, once Ford starts slowly replacing retail sales dealers with online ordering (oh it’s coming), they can better control the sales model, eliminate the middle man, improve sales experience, make more money, and adjust pricing on the fly in minutes rather than have to wait for production/build schedules.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Take the doors off, take the roof off and throw it in 4 low and hit some rocks in Moab and let me know how that BMW does?
Right, the point was, if I'm shelling out 100k, that still buys a lot of car elsewhere. Cars that are going be put together a whole lot better, made from higher quality parts, and are probably going to last longer.

And your argument about going and playing in the dirt is valid. But if I had 100 grand to drop, I'd drop 25-30 grand on an old FJ, then spend 40-50k making it awesome and still come out ahead.

It's kinda worth it at msrp, it's definitely not at dealer markup

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, I love my bronco, but you're absolutely right. This is what that much money buys you in a car:
1686525999410.png

And other than the buck-toothed grill, that's one of the best cars made, and probably doesn't have rattle-y windows and a sub-par roof.
What's wrong with the grill? Besides, mine is proper 2 door sports car. OP, that really sucks. Let's hope common sense prevails. 
Ford Bronco Ford delivers another customer run…Ford loves DEALER ADMs! 20230114_114704
Ford Bronco Ford delivers another customer run…Ford loves DEALER ADMs! 20230107_105601

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. I was surprised at the price increase myself 😞
If you get screwed, blame your dealer - not Ford. And if you don’t - then you really owe it to them to update this thread.
Clarification; if YOU get screwed, blame YOURSELF !!!!

Dealers don’t create this problem of ADM, they capitalize on it. People willing to pay anything and have to “get it now” create the problem. “Just SAY NO to ADM!! Go without.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean it depends what kind of offroad you are looking for. You wont be able to rock crawl but if your doing simple trails then you can convert a sedan to that rather easy. I was blown away after seeing this. Not that I would ever want to do that to a lambo (I think its crazy) but it’s possible to a certain extent. Cheers.

OP
OP
2021WILDTRAKCDH

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You seriously saying you have a purchase agreement from the dealer in writing that doesn’t have a dollar amount written on it? Instead, it has the letters “MSRP”?

Just…..wow…..
I have a signed purchase agreement with a dollar amount (seriously). Since Bronco Raptors aren’t price protected… the price I pay is tied to my build date. At 82k, the bronco seemed expensive but not outrageous…at $95k —-the price is, IMO, outrageous.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my Raptor! I don’t use the full potential but it is a beast!

Have you tried quoting how much it would cost to convert a 2.7 4 door badlands to same spec as Raptor.

I bought a Raptor, paid ADM, because it would cost more and still not have 400+ hp and warranty coverage.

is it a lot of money, yup. Do I need it all, nope. But buying a Raptor is cheap than other trims and exchanging all the parts.

A Honda accord costs $50,000+.
My fully loaded 700+hp TRX with warranty and carbon fiber didn't cost that much. And my 2 door badlands Bronco was half that much. And none of my Ford Raptors cost more that $62K. So, I am inclined to agree that prices are a little out of control these days.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the future for specialty vehicles. Up until now we could retail order Raptors, Shelbys etc and get price protection to lock in against increases. Starting with 2024 Ranger Raptor all specialty vehicles will be ordered as stock units only meaning no price protection.

I don't know the specifics on this case, could have been a stock order that dealer put a name on or who knows, but for 24 there will be no more price protection on Raptors, which will push buying off the lot and increase ADMs (unless Ford gets the price high enough there's no room left).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will say, if I was making the Golden Ticket decision today, I would have stayed two door Badlands (and I probably would have dropped Squatch, the 2.7 and gone back to the 7MT as well). Back then it as 16K incremental, and seemed like an opportunity. Now at 28K, it seems like not.

Very happy with my 71K BRaptor, but at today's 90K price it would not be happening.

On the other hand, I don't blame Ford for attempting to get their cut of the outrageous ADM markups.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Perhaps I haven't caught up on the latest news, has anyone managed to swap in a V8 yet?
braptor doesnt need it and I drive a 500hp V8. The only advantage is a NA coyote has a whole lot less crap.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My fully loaded 700+hp TRX with warranty and carbon fiber didn't cost that much. And my 2 door badlands Bronco was half that much. And none of my Ford Raptors cost more that $62K. So, I am inclined to agree that prices are a little out of control these days.
Sounds like you got the best deal and I wasted money. I suppose I am the doofus.

I was merely agreeing that the prices are high. However you justify what a vehicle is worth is dependent on the individual.

I wanted 37s, a lift, the extra rear space for storage, upgraded suspension, extra power (just in case), and all under warranty.

At the time, my WildTrac was low $60s. I built a Raptor for $74. Paid a reasonable ADM but couldn’t tear my WildTrac down, upgrade suspension, put on 37”, recalibrate speedometer, and consider all the other minor enhanced wear and tear on the 2.7 compared to the 3.0 moving all the extra weight on a daily basis…sure not drastic but for what it would have cost me to do all these things and I still have a 100,000 warranty…I bought the Bronco Raptor.

I love it. My father-in-law loves his 2 door badlands and wouldn’t want a Raptor of it was the same price.

I was just stating that the Raptor is a beast from the factory.

but if I am a doofus and wasted my money, I hope folks laugh at me as I drive down the road.

I wonder what a F150 platinum costs? Or a F250 super duty platinum? Can’t take the top off. Not the same off-roading experience. But hey, it can tow. I wonder if we should bash F150 owners who want extra luxury on the interior.

again, I was just emphasizing that from the factory the Raptor is the most capable Bronco. If you are not a mechanic and can install all the lifts, suspensions, upgrade your axles, want to tune your engines and put whipples on them…the Raptor is reasonably priced.

If you don’t need/want everything it offers…100% it costs to much. Buying anything that you don’t fully use = wasting money.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you got the best deal and I wasted money. I suppose I am the doofus.

I was merely agreeing that the prices are high. However you justify what a vehicle is worth is dependent on the individual.

I wanted 37s, a lift, the extra rear space for storage, upgraded suspension, extra power (just in case), and all under warranty.

At the time, my WildTrac was low $60s. I built a Raptor for $74. Paid a reasonable ADM but couldn’t tear my WildTrac down, upgrade suspension, put on 37”, recalibrate speedometer, and consider all the other minor enhanced wear and tear on the 2.7 compared to the 3.0 moving all the extra weight on a daily basis…sure not drastic but for what it would have cost me to do all these things and I still have a 100,000 warranty…I bought the Bronco Raptor.

I love it. My father-in-law loves his 2 door badlands and wouldn’t want a Raptor of it was the same price.

I was just stating that the Raptor is a beast from the factory.

but if I am a doofus and wasted my money, I hope folks laugh at me as I drive down the road.

I wonder what a F150 platinum costs? Or a F250 super duty platinum? Can’t take the top off. Not the same off-roading experience. But hey, it can tow. I wonder if we should bash F150 owners who want extra luxury on the interior.

again, I was just emphasizing that from the factory the Raptor is the most capable Bronco. If you are not a mechanic and can install all the lifts, suspensions, upgrade your axles, want to tune your engines and put whipples on them…the Raptor is reasonably priced.

If you don’t need/want everything it offers…100% it costs to much. Buying anything that you don’t fully use = wasting money.
Doesn’t sound like you paid $100k for a Braptor. Not hating on any person spending whatever they can afford for the vehicle of their dreams. But there are a few posts in this thread that imply the only people complaining about the price are the ones who can’t afford them. Definitely not my situation. I simply don’t want one, and certainly wouldn’t pay $100k for one. Rock on and enjoy!!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prices have gone up, but that is all markets. Everyone is trying to get what they can get, and if people pay, well then they will keep doing what they do.

I am happy with my Badlands, I am happy with the mods, and how it turned out. Honestly my rig will never be truly challenged in S. FL, but it is what it is. A BRaptor is a beast for sure. For those who want to pay, they will pay. They will get a very good platform that will in most cases, not need ANY upgrades that are done to a regular Bronco.

The same was said about a Shelby. Oh you can take a GT and do XXXXX well yes. But for those who wanted a Shelby bought one. Also, I have yet to lose to any GT with XXXX done to it because I to can do XXXXX on a superior platform.
Sponsored