Sponsored

Ford + Google = No Thank You. Ford Navigation to be Powered by Android Starting 2023

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Ford + Google = No Thank You. Ford Navigation to be Powered by Android Starting 2023 1612226564130
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are tons of apps that allow map downloads.
Even my watch does it...
Ford Bronco Ford + Google = No Thank You. Ford Navigation to be Powered by Android Starting 2023 1612226564130
I don't wear a watch, and certinally not a $500 Garmin GPS watch. The point is you need a net connection to download said map, I am off grid for weeks at a time, so if I don't have built in maps in my vehicle I am SOL. I do use a Garmin E-trek for off grid hiking, as well as a PLB.

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't wear a watch, and certinally not a $500 Garmin GPS watch. The point is you need a net connection to download said map, I am off grid for weeks at a time, so if I don't have built in maps in my vehicle I am SOL. I do use a Garmin E-trek for off grid hiking, as well as a PLB.
Ok, that's cool.
I'm glad there is a technology that does what you need.

Reactions: RG7

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reynolds wrap...

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Admits that everything is being tracked and correlated... also throws "tin foil hat" out there...

BTW, someone at Jackson Dawson has been cyberstalking the living sh-- out of me, lol

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When an automaker "strategically partners" with the world's preeminent data scraper in our brave new corporate surveillance state, what could go wrong? :mad:

“Once you have a platform that lets you get data and analyze it,” he continued. “There's lots of very simple but transformative experiences that you can offer drivers: for example, assisting them when they need to schedule a service appointment with the dealer or helping them shop for cars better by personalizing the shopping experiences.
I'm go out on a limb and guess you're an Apple guy.

Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Google's love for killing off existing projects is the only part of this that is concerning to me.

I'm an Android user and Google every two years or so just straight up murders their own messaging app. It's gone past the point of annoyance and it's just funny at this point.

And they just today announced a pivot of their video game "console" to more business focused application.

They treat search and ads (and sometimes gmail) as a complete products and are always working to improve. Everything else seems to be a weird public beta that may start/stop on a whim

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love when people get bent out of shape about stuff like this. Unless you live in a completely analog state, you are a product. Sometimes your identity is attached to the database of preferences and behaviors, most of the time it's stripped out.

Every time you accept a cookie on a website, navigate to any page that has Facebook/apple/google/amazon login capability, visit a page that has a comments section, use social media, use a credit card, connect your phone to a cell tower, etc, there is a tidbit of information available that can be collected, collated and cross referenced to create an approximation of you.

You're welcome to rage against it, but unless you're ready to give up pretty much all modern conveniences, there's really nothing you can do about it. So sit back, stream your music, let the navigation get you home by the quickest route, and let our digital overlords play their marketing games.
Already did ..it was easy as Amazon sucks

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When an automaker "strategically partners" with the world's preeminent data scraper in our brave new corporate surveillance state, what could go wrong? :mad:

“Once you have a platform that lets you get data and analyze it,” he continued. “There's lots of very simple but transformative experiences that you can offer drivers: for example, assisting them when they need to schedule a service appointment with the dealer or helping them shop for cars better by personalizing the shopping experiences.
They probably need real time GPS tracking to make heads or tails of what you do in your car

Just put one of these GPS blockers in your Vehicle

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2937835461...RmzjiJPsWlBEmM5B3E088Ny6ivs1ogHAaAqm7EALw_wcB

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve seen this happening with banks and credit unions. A few of them will be offering new checking accounts and new apps to go with them sometime in the next couple of months. These apps are fully designed by Google.
The sales pitch to banks and credit unions went/goes something like this…

Hey were are Google, we do data better than everyone else, we do AI better than anyone else, we do machine learning better than anyone - no one is ever going to be able to match a user experience that we can create. So let us create your digital banking app for you…
We will put all this together and it will all be FREE…. all you have to do is share all your data.

I haven’t seen any demos or mock-ups of the apps just yet but I have an educated guess that they’ll be running your transaction data through machine learning algorithms to predict where you will most likely shop next and serve you up ads for that store.

I say all this because I’d bet Ford got the same sales pitch.
Sponsored