First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've noticed the neutering in 1-2 too. Felt pretty aggressive, like sometimes it hurts your neck when you anticipate more Go. It's amplified quite a bit if your wheels are turned, like pulling onto a highway.

My Flex had the same issue until it got a tune. You don't really need more power, just better throttle response.
Sponsored

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When i first got my truck it spun tires pulling out of the neighborhood.

I really cant imagine what the car would be like if it didnt have its limiters. Though baja mode sucks ass in the first 2 gears

I remember sport mode in my wildtrack test drive being a "wow" moment but i cant remember clearly if it had the same "delay" in the first 2 gears as baja

anybody comment on the difference between baja 2h and sport?

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2021 F150 SCREW 2.7L with 3.55 gears and a 2022 Bronco 2.7L with 3.73 gears. Both with 32” tires.

There is no comparison between the two. I thought the Bronco would be a rocket ship with the 2.7 based on my experience with the F150, I was wrong. Ford limited the output in the Bronco big time cause of the weaker transmission. It’s still a fun vehicle, but kinda a waste of a good motor.
I have just the 2.3L and it amazes me how quick it is off the line. I'm not an aggressive driver by any means, but the other day I punched it to get into traffic and damn this thing will scoot when needed. Are there faster vehicles, sure I could care less. If that is my interest I would get a Hellcat or something like that.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look. I'll be moving from a 98 Taco 3.4L 5spd to a 2dr squarch with the 2.7 and auto...I spent an hour tooling around town in a dealer 4dr wildtrak with the 2.7. It scoots. Perfect? From my very limited experience, no. Does it scoot better than my 24yr old, 270k mile pickup? Yes. Perspective, folks.
Shit, my wife drives a 2020 4Runner with the 4L V6 with a 5 speed auto. The 2.7 10 speed is so much better to drive. Is it crazy fast? no, but again, perspective.

Sponsored

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have always owned naturally aspirated engines. The 2.7 is plenty fast but it's certainly slow to start off the line. I had figured it was turbo lag, but tuning makes much more sense. Am I still happy? YOU BET! The power is most appreciated going up and down mountain passes towing my 2800 lb camper.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't speak for the F-150, but the F-350 Powerstroke ('15 with a 6 speed) is also neutered in 1st gear. Makes sense as you don't want to apply 800+ft lbs with that much gearing to the driveline under load unless you want to see driveline bits flying out the bottom!

Yeah, it's weak off the line on the road, but in my view provides better control offroad when you need finesse. Wheel spin can lead to bad things on the trail!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty satisfied with the 2.7 in sport mode, it seems to jump pretty quick to me.

dberg71

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I own both, IMO he's full of shit...the Bronco doesn't even compare to the Gen 2 Raptor...its not even close LMAO....

I also test drove and 2.3 and 2.7 back to back...and the butt dyno didn't really feel a noticeable difference there has to be some truth to the neutering comments.
My Raptor was a 2020. The first 2 gears on the Raptor sucked. The 2.7 is better. The top end turbo kicking in was better in the Raptor but this Wild thing feels more powerful to me.

Sponsored

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember reading an article about Ford using torque management during WOT situations. It's purposely put in place to protect components in the driveline from wear and also breaking. Like others have said, it's a heavy off road vehicle with large tires and bigger gears. For a vehicle that is built to be off road, I would prefer having low end torque over having a fast WOT 1/4 mile time

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have just the 2.3L and it amazes me how quick it is off the line. I'm not an aggressive driver by any means, but the other day I punched it to get into traffic and damn this thing will scoot when needed. Are there faster vehicles, sure I could care less. If that is my interest I would get a Hellcat or something like that.
I have the 2.3 and I disagree, it's pretty doggy off the line but I'm fine with that because I'm not going to floor it anyway. It costs fuel to make power.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
For everyone saying it’s a weak transmission problem it’s the same tranny in the braptor and the ST.
It being the same as in other two vehicles doesn't make it any sturdier...

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look. I'll be moving from a 98 Taco 3.4L 5spd to a 2dr squarch with the 2.7 and auto...I spent an hour tooling around town in a dealer 4dr wildtrak with the 2.7. It scoots. Perfect? From my very limited experience, no. Does it scoot better than my 24yr old, 270k mile pickup? Yes. Perspective, folks.
To add perspective, how much did you paid for the 98 Taco...

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base