Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.3L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added this to the pile while waiting on my bronco for seemingly a lifetime. Performance stuff done lights next. Come on Baja Black Friday!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m having problems with the install. I keep getting a message saying the app can’t locate my ECU. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the software on my PC but I keep getting the same error. On my procal unit under tunes there are none at all. What am I doing wrong?

FBE8A2FA-0C39-4DCD-80C6-6E7889B54D36.jpeg
I ran into this as well. Were you able to successfully download your stock config? I’m guessing you have not. Try to press the Return to Stock button. What does it say?
It’s looking for you stock config, so you can’t download the tune. Your ProCal is in a stuck state. You’ll have to call Ford Performance and ask them to unlock your ProCal from your VIN.

Then you need to restart the install process with your Bronco. It should download your stock config then you’ll be able to download the FP Calibration.

Anyway, it finally worked for me after they reset my VIN.

Here are some pics of the issue:

Performace Menu.jpg

Stock Menu.jpg

Last edited:

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, that was the exact same issue I have been having. I called Ford Performance yesterday. They asked me to email pictures of the message as well as my VIN. They said it was likely a problem with drivers not being installed, and they told me sometimes it takes downloading the PC software 2-3 times before it works. I’ve tried 4 PC’s, downloading and trying the ProCal software 4-5 times on each computer. I haven’t heard back yet. I’ll email again asking them to do what you said fixed the problem!

Sponsored

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, that was the exact same issue I have been having. I called Ford Performance yesterday. They asked me to email pictures of the message as well as my VIN. They said it was likely a problem with drivers not being installed, and they told me sometimes it takes downloading the PC software 2-3 times before it works. I’ve tried 4 PC’s, downloading and trying the ProCal software 4-5 times on each computer. I haven’t heard back yet. I’ll email again asking them to do what you said fixed the problem!
It's definitely not a PC driver issue. You can just email them my pictures. ;-)

If they are able to successfully unlock your VIN, then your VIN will be removed from the VINs box. At that point, you can plug it back into your Bronco and download your stock config. I was surprised how fast it happened.....I think it took seconds.

Last edited:

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's definitely not a PC driver issue. You can just email them my pictures. ;-)

If they are able to successfully unlock your VIN, then your VIN will be removed from the VINs box. At that point, you can plug it back into your Bronco and download your stock config. I was surprised how fast it happened.....I think it took seconds.
Thank you, again, for your help. It's good to know it wasn't necessarily me that caused a problem. I followed directions, though the directions are not what I'd call "Idiot proof" or entirely clear.

I'm surprised that the guy on the phone didn't immediately know what to do. It seems that by the time a customer calls them it would be more efficient and less costly if they would just start by resetting the entire process. That assumes they can tell if the performance tune has actually been downloaded or not. But for the sake of taking care of the customer with the quickest process, I'd say that they ought to start with hitting "reset" and telling the customer to try again and to call back if there is another issue.

If/when I speak with someone I will offer to rewrite their directions for them.

Specifically, they ought to renumber the steps so that the sequence doesn't start over. If it's a set process to follow then they should number each step of the way. Doing 1, 2, 3... then starting over at another step with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... isn't brilliant.

Step 4 says "After successful backup of stock calibration...." This wording indicates that there is a possibility of unsuccessful backup of stock calibration. If this is a possibility (obviously it is because at least 2 people have had this issue now!) then how about just adding a line that says "in the event of unsuccessful backup, please do X Y Z." Or just write "In the event.... call 800-xxx-xxxx."

And step 5 "Confirm software now shows Ford Performance calibration in addition to Stock file."

Ok... the wording indicates that there is a chance that it doesn't have the performance calibration and/or stock file... in which case they need to have a set of instructions to follow.

Example: "confirm software now shows.... If Performance calibration and/or the stock file does not show, please call 800-xxx.xxxx extension 1234." Then I'd setup a single phone extension that if that phone rings everyone knows the solution to implement.

Be clear, damnit. If you can't make your product idiotproof then you can damn well make your directions idiotproof and you can make it easy for the customer to know that it's time to call Ford Performance.

FYI, there is nothing stopping Lethal Performance from re-writing instructions and throwing them in the package.

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone know if it's possible to just purchase the calibration tune. I already own the ProCal tuner for a Mustang tune. I just can't see paying for a whole separate tuner again...

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW @LethalPerformance that shipping speed put Amazon prime to shame. Ordered 11:34 PST, in FedEx's hands and on its way to the West Coast by 1:44 PST:eek:

Really hustling to get those orders out before Thanksgiving

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a Mac and would need to use a loaner PC to load my Procal device. Does the process save anything meaningful on the PC? Would I need to keep ready access to the PC after I load my device? Thanks for the help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey All!

Ford Performance just released an Update and New Feature for the ProCal4 device for the 2021+ Bronco's, 2.3L and 2.7L!

With the update, you can now :
- Change axle/FDU ratio up to 5.38 !
- Upgrade the M190 to the M210 front drive unit by reconfiguring DLCM module

With the allowance of calibration up to a 5.38 gear ratio and up to a 37" BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (579 revolutions per mile, this allows for more flexibility when correcting speedometers.

With the addition of reconfiguring for different drive unit, Base models can now upgrade to the front differential with a locker (M210) and unlock full usability without computer fault.

We're excited to see what comes next from Ford Performance on these!

Usdmmark

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey All!

Ford Performance just released an Update and New Feature for the ProCal4 device for the 2021+ Bronco's, 2.3L and 2.7L!

With the update, you can now :
- Change axle/FDU ratio up to 5.38 !
- Upgrade the M190 to the M210 front drive unit by reconfiguring DLCM module

With the allowance of calibration up to a 5.38 gear ratio and up to a 37" BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (579 revolutions per mile, this allows for more flexibility when correcting speedometers.

With the addition of reconfiguring for different drive unit, Base models can now upgrade to the front differential with a locker (M210) and unlock full usability without computer fault.

We're excited to see what comes next from Ford Performance on these!
any chance this is on sale passed today? like til this weekend?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
any chance this is on sale passed today? like til this weekend?
Unfortunately the sale ends on these tonight and will go back to normal pricing tomorow once it’s over. We’d still love to earn your business so feel free to give us a shout and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website