First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anywhere sell them cheaper than the FordPerformance website??
Yes, I bought mine on sale via a Labor Day sale at Lethal Performance…saved a nice amount. Falling asleep at the moment, but can find receipt 2morrow if you’re intereste…
Sponsored

gunt520

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Ranger XLT Lariat Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're still looking, this was the only Ford dealer in MD that I could find that would do the install.

Ourisman's Tri-State Ford
1233 Telegraph Road
Rising Sun, MD 21911

Sales: 410-709-4482
Service: 410-709-4482
Parts: 410-709-4482

Pdaddy

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to change the subject here, and I know I could try to search this answer but we all know doing a search here is rarely successful so can someone briefly explain what this tune will do for my Badlands 2.7.
The only issue I have with this vehicle is the lazy, herky jerky acceleration from a stop.
Thank you in advance

bcgray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Outback Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you get someone to install it, make sure you have already set up your Ford Performance account with your email address and password THAT THEY SHOULD THEN USE TO INSTALL THE TUNE. If you don't, that license belongs to whoever owns that email address.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to change the subject here, and I know I could try to search this answer but we all know doing a search here is rarely successful so can someone briefly explain what this tune will do for my Badlands 2.7.
The only issue I have with this vehicle is the lazy, herky jerky acceleration from a stop.
Thank you in advance
That is precisely the main reason to get the tune. Removes most of the initial torque limitation on acceleration and smoothes out shifting.

Sponsored

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning
My DALTON FORD St-RAYMOND QUEBEC CANADA dealer will provide me with the PROCAL TUNE and will proceed with the installation and the cost for the installation is $67.00 + tax CANADIAN MONEY. with warranty from FORD. On my BADLAND sasquash.
TRACKTOY

fourdayoff

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands/sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you in advance
Pedal Commander is the answer for that, works great. Jim.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TLDR; No shops will install the tune.

Ok, so, I was interested in getting the Ford Performance Tune for my 2023 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch. Obtaining the tune is no problem; the problem I have encountered in that I cannot find a dealer that will do the install for me. I live in Maryland and have called no less than 10 dealers, many who are Ford Performance shops. None of them will do the install. One forwards me to another, then that one says they will not do the install. The next says the same thing, and it is a never-ending circle of failure.

My question is this: Has anyone else had this much difficulty in finding a Ford dealer to do the actual install? And if you are in Maryland, any suggestion of a dealer that will perform the install?

Thanks.
If you're in the DC metro Ourisman Ford in Alexandria VA installed mine with no issues.

DEbroncos

First Edition
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Pohanka Ford in Salisbury MD installed mine with no problems.

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn't try Apple? 🤪 You have to buy Ford Performance parts from them or they won't install.
I tried a few dealers for shock installs and they weren't interested.

May have a ASE place in Pasadena. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sponsored

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The ASE place in Pasadena did the shock work for 480 with an alignment. But, when I picked it up and asked about needing any ASE id numbers, etc. I was told it didn't need them unless there was a problem. Haven't got any email replies from ASE yet.

Apple actually ended up doing my for Performance tune (it's a couple miles from my house). I asked about it when I picked my Bronco from having the Ford Accessories 7 pin trailer kit installed (pre-paid). It was about 2.5 hours of labor (service guy said he ran into a problem), upside is Ford warranty (the reason I didn't do it myself).

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch + Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Others may have said, or alluded to, this in previous posts but I believe the warranty is related to the part itself. It seems unlikely that Ford would void your car warranty for a part they sell. Some of the legal jargon is probably just to give them wiggle room if you abuse your car.

I contacted a Ford agent via chat to ask this question, and they agreed that that’s what it “seems”, warranty is for the device. Not the absolute certainty I was hoping for, but good enough for me to go ahead and install it myself and save $200. I saved a copy of the chat for future reference if I should need it.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Tune Dealer Install Issue IMG_9163

First Name
Mr. Fantastix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is simply "fear of the unknown". Those dealers have probably never done one and are just afraid that it's not worth the hassle and risk involved to try and deal with the customer if something goes wrong doing something that they aren't already familiar with.

Not sure where in Maryland you are, and it's probably not worth the drive, but we do them all the time here in Richmond, VA probably just a couple of hours south of you.

This is incorrect. The stock calibration or "tune" does not ever get saved on anyone's PC. & If the instructions are followed, it gets downloaded to your ProCal handheld AND then a backup gets uploaded to Ford Performance servers. You can access it anytime using your handheld device or online by simply logging into your account. We do upload the backup for our customers.

Again, we install them with some regularity here. I setup an account for each owner using their email address and contact info and create a unique user name and password that gets given to the customer. I don't register all of the accounts in my name, that would be silly.
Hey Chris - I just received my Procal from Northridge 4x4 for $590, not a bad deal!

Ford Performance Parts Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Tool

But it came with no instructions and plugging it into my PC does nothing but light it up after a load screen. Do you recommend I try to have my dealer install or is something I can do on my own? I have experience installing other tuners (GM Tahoe Diablosport) I would think there would be an option right away to save the stock tune to reload if things go bad.

If you have any resources to share, please let me know.

Thanks!

jshepherd61

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ehh. To each their own. I doubt Ford would void your warranty down the road flashing it yourself. Somehow incorrectly flashing it won’t cause something to break down the road. It is their tune file.
Sponsored