Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm starting to not buy the whole chip shortage thing. My neighbor ordered a jeep Wrangler 392 on 1/17/2022 and picked it up yesterday 3/12/2022. If Jeep can turn around custom Wrangler orders in 7 weeks why is it taking Ford so long with our Broncos? Chip Shortage, I don't think so. Jeep uses chips too.
I have a friend whose bronco was built on 2/22/22 and received it on 3/1. It has to do with what is on hand while it is going down the line.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s almost as if outsourcing components and using just-in-time inventory has come back to bite American companies in the ass just like the old codgers said it would 25 years ago. 🤔

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a friend whose bronco was built on 2/22/22 and received it on 3/1. It has to do with what is on hand while it is going down the line.
THis is exactly what I'm talking about. Ford publicly say the issue is with delays is about a CHIP shortage, which is bullshit! Ford just needs to come clean about what the real issues is with backlogs and stop say it's chip issues!

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love how he said there are no chips .. I'm build week 1/17 a limbo week. Our week legit only has 2 people who have picked up their bronco while build week 1/31 almost 100% of have picked up their bronco at the dealer and even build week 3/7 is getting more action than my week. There are chips. They just choose to add them to the broncos coming out the line instead of adding them to the broncos in the lot . Never getting another Ford again. Unreliable piece of shit company 😡
I understand the frustration, I'm waiting on mine to come out of production since 3/1. Clearly you don't think they would stop the production line to prioritize those already built and waiting? That would push back everyone else's builds as well as cost millions by shutting down the line

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s almost as if outsourcing components and using just-in-time inventory has come back to bite American companies in the ass just like the old codgers said it would 25 years ago. 🤔
So 25 years worth of reaping the benefits of JIT.... yep, they aren't learning any lessons from this blip unless it stretches for a few more years.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THis is exactly what I'm talking about. Ford publicly say the issue is with delays is about a CHIP shortage, which is bullshit! Ford just needs to come clean about what the real issues is with backlogs and stop say it's chip issues!
If the chips aren't on hand when they come down the line, they get parked. When the chips come in, they go right back to the line where it is efficient to install them and ice mountain starts to move slowly as there are only a few qualified to do so.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm starting to not buy the whole chip shortage thing. My neighbor ordered a jeep Wrangler 392 on 1/17/2022 and picked it up yesterday 3/12/2022. If Jeep can turn around custom Wrangler orders in 7 weeks why is it taking Ford so long with our Broncos? Chip Shortage, I don't think so. Jeep uses chips too.
Look at Rip Van Winkle over here, waking up after a global pandemic and questioning the existence of a chip shortage? 😂 🤦‍♂️

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, the track record of old codgers’ predictions is about as spotty as that of economists, who have successfully predicted 32 out of the last 5 recessions. 😂

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So 25 years worth of reaping the benefits of JIT.... yep, they aren't learning any lessons from this blip unless it stretches for a few more years.
I’ll give you that. The lack of a solid backup plan though, is inexcusable.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love how he said there are no chips .. I'm build week 1/17 a limbo week. Our week legit only has 2 people who have picked up their bronco while build week 1/31 almost 100% of have picked up their bronco at the dealer and even build week 3/7 is getting more action than my week. There are chips. They just choose to add them to the broncos coming out the line instead of adding them to the broncos in the lot . Never getting another Ford again. Unreliable piece of shit company 😡
@Ford Motor Company NO stock or dealer vehicles should be shipped when these are buildable orders for people that have been waiting so long. Week 1. Still crickets. Never another ford. Assuming this one ever comes. @mrlevine

Sponsored

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Ford Motor Company NO stock or dealer vehicles should be shipped when these are buildable orders for people that have been waiting so long. Week 1. Still crickets. Never another ford. Assuming this one ever comes. @mrlevine
I agree those early orders SHOULD without a doubt be top priority, but there has to be inventory going to the dealers, they are also customer to Ford.

You would hope dirt mountain has it own "work line" to get caught up. You would also hope there is some type of ratio of customer order to dealer inventory units the factory follow. But hope only gets you so far.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You really don’t think there would be a demand for something like that. I’d buy one I’m in a heartbeat over some of the other options available. The Everglades for one, I don’t even have the slighted interest in.

I am a minimalist and prefer reliability over comfort items. Now don’t get me wrong, I do love technology, when it is working properly. Do I like heated seats? Of course I do, but I don’t see it as a need in an off road vehicle.

I understand that it would be a narrow scope type of Bronco, but there are many that would buy it and many, if told today that they could have their Bronco built and delivered in the next 10 weeks, but it would have to be a minimal chip type of Bronco like I described, I’d bet you a coffee that more than five would be ordered 🤣
yep Ford should cater to 1% of the markets 🤯

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you feel that strongly about Ford, you should cancel your order and let someone else get their Bronco faster from as you put it unreliable POS company.

ISeeTheFuture

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

…a build week 1/17…hehe

Imagine having a 2021 Bronco, semi-built in your same boat. You’d think a reasonable, competent company would at least finish up the 2021s before shoving 2022s out the door. It’ll be mid year before the Last of the 2021s are finished and delivered.
And that, truly is a Shit Show!

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it has a build date then they have all the parts necessary to fully build it.
Sponsored