First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So basically you are saying that police officers, fire fighters, teachers, nurses, and a ton of other people are making a "mistake" buying a Bronco? Hmmm...
I’m a firefighter buying a bronco and getting a stimulus check- don’t need the stimulus though but I will take it nonetheless....
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a firefighter buying a bronco and getting a stimulus check- don’t need the stimulus though but I will take it nonetheless....
I am a police officer that is not getting a stimulus check and also not sure I can afford the Bronco. Single, no dependents and make more than the threshold for stimulus but not enough more to be worry free about the Bronco cost.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As usual, Granger Ford 100% transparent again. Non-refundable deposits are nothing new. A lot depends on your relationship with the dealer. I bought plenty of Fords under the A and Z plan and never put a nickel down. I’ve also ordered non Fords and have put up to 20% down. It runs the gambit. I believe Albert when he says it is a guideline from Ford. At the end, it is in our best interest.
I've bought 12 vehicles from the same Ford dealer and this the first time I've ever had to put money down. As long as it's refundable, I don't care. I'd never give a non refundable deposit, especially with such a long wait for delivery.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a police officer that is not getting a stimulus check and also not sure I can afford the Bronco. Single, no dependents and make more than the threshold for stimulus but not enough more to be worry free about the Bronco cost.
Teacher, FF and Police salaries vary greatly throughout the county.
Teachers $lows 30s to $125k
FF $low 30s to $200k (with OT)
Police$low 30s to $150k (plus more when you get promoted.)

Way too many generalizations flying around here... Way to wide a price range for the Bronco $30-65k.
Oh I get what your saying, the bronco isn’t a cheap toy, I’ve been saving and planning for this for two years.
My family comes under the 150k threshold for this so called stimulus. Don’t need it but will never argue about getting some of my hard earned tax dollars sent back to me...
Stay safe !

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as the money goes directly to Ford ( like the initial $100 did ) and not the dealership the reservation is with I’m fine with it. If it goes to the dealership, that’s a different story.
But your $100 did not go to Ford it went to the dealer where your reservation is at, that is why when you change dealers your $100 refund comes from the dealer you left and it is up to you to submitt $100 to the said new dealer.

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah my dealer told me it would be $500 like 2 months ago. If that's a problem for someone I encourage them to cancel their reservation I would really like to get my Bronco in time for my summer trip to Montana

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I asked my dealer and initial $100 is all that is required from them. This was a couple months ago. Ford has stated that you may need to have an additional deposit at time of order. There has been no indication at this point that further deposit is being required by Ford. Perhaps Ford is essentially forcing the dealer’s hand with the penalties that us normal potential costumers don’t know about.

For a non-refundable deposit of any amount, I personally would need to know what my delivery timeframe is at time of order and it would need to be a reasonable timeframe. This is where my risk adversion would take over. Ford isn’t planning on providing that information until month and a half at least after order window closes.

A reasonably priced refundable deposit is fine if delivery window is not known. If Ford requires a non-refundable deposit and doesn’t provide a reasonable delivery window then I’m out and everyone can rejoice that they moved up (7/15 res).

I now fully expect Ford to announce that they will require $500 deposit (refundable or not will not be specified) and the announcement will be a part of the build and price update is complete communication (pair the good with the meh). They have moved goalposts before and will continue to do so. This one wouldn’t be terrible.
It would seem if Ford could force dealers to require deposits, they could also force them to not charge ADM or be required to sell at MSRP.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m ok with this as if you can’t put another $400 down to confirm your order, then you really might not buy one. @Cheshire was right (from last week in another thread) and now, in the post below on Saturday from trusted @Granger Ford it looks like we should plan for this.

9CE0DA16-12DC-4879-8E6E-F8C2FAD15874.jpeg
Not until they can at least get the pricing and information on the B&P accurate.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would seem if Ford could force dealers to require deposits, they could also force them to not charge ADM or be required to sell at MSRP.
Good point. At a minimum, they will reiterate that your dealer may require a deposit. But we are trying to reason this out. Not sure that’s the play.

Dracheo

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After the X-Plan and transmission snafus, this coming to light now is definitely getting a side-eye from me. But, it's understandable and I can pull the money from the Bronco funds I've been saving up for my down payment. That money's go to my Bronco whether it be now or later...

My only real concern with it being non-refundable, would be if I lost my job or wound up with some unexpected medical bills that would cause me to have to give up the Bronco. At that point, I would want (likely need) my money back. I'm fairly committed to this thing, otherwise. Unless Ford really does something to mess up between now and order time.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good point. At a minimum, they will reiterate that your dealer may require a deposit. But we are trying to reason this out. Not sure that’s the play.
My feeling is some dealers will try to take advantage of this. The good dealers won't worry about deposits.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I get what your saying, the bronco isn’t a cheap toy, I’ve been saving and planning for this for two years.
My family comes under the 150k threshold for this so called stimulus. Don’t need it but will never argue about getting some of my hard earned tax dollars sent back to me...
Stay safe !
Disclaimer: I am in no way bitter I don't qualify for the stimulus. I have been fortunate to be employed through all of this. There are so many worse off than me.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This dealer wants your money with no f@#cking guarantee. Do you think Ford is going to hand out 2000 allocations to them. GET REAL!
Yes and post about what you are knowledgeable about please..

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recall in that Q & A video a few weeks back, the guy on the right almost made it sound as if some dealers were going to demand a premium type down payment.

FORD setting $500 isn't bad if it is fully refundable.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs