Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I call b.s. on that. Unless you are making the payment to ford which you won't be. It will be to granger. It is at the dealers discretion on how much if any is required to order the vehicle. Have done it many times.
Just like any down payment, it gets credited on the final invoice, regardless of who you think is getting the money, itā€™s money that reduces the overall cost. God forbid you have to put money down to buy a vehicle these days. Unless Granger charges an ADM, the amount they make per vehicle is unaffected by the size of the down payment. Uneducated ā€œpeopleā€ like you are why I try to avoid these forums now. Go buy another Wrangler.
Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A deposit is a no brainer, can't believe how many people expect to order a brand new vehicle in it's first year expecting to pay no deposit lol, look how things are changing. I was fine with a deposit from the get go, putting a 1000 down in mid Jan. when I order. As for a dealer promising no deposit required, clearly that didn't fly.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put down a 500.00 deposit in 2011 when I ordered my second Raptor - wanted the crew and the 6.2 - and have since ordered a 2017 Raptor and my son's 2018 Focus ST without a deposit. Dealer tells me he is not asking for any further deposit because I have a solid track record with them. I think it is a dealer by dealer or maybe even customer by customer thing. Honestly I don't care - whatever I put forth for a deposit is just that much less money I will be paying interest on for the next 36 months.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had to put $1k non refundable down on a Fusion order a few years ago.
This is the funniest line I have ever read on this forum.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It will have to be refundable or it is a 1 way contract.

What is Ford delays the whole process another year? There would be many unhappy people that would want their money back.

If they want my money then they have to make some guarantees on pricing, delivery and quality.

Amazing how many people are willing to hand over their hard earned money with no expectations from Ford or the dealer.
The ONLY way iā€™d consider paying a non-refundable deposit is if I can test drive the trim(s) and motor(s) iā€™d consider. For me it would be a 4dr 2.7 sasquatch and a 4dr mansquatch.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

From day one I expected the guidance to be $500 non refundable contract. If a dealer wants to forego that then that's on their audit. I think it will be the majority. I already have my Bronco cash fund been building it since August.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A deposit is a no brainer, can't believe how many people expect to order a brand new vehicle in it's first year expecting to pay no deposit lol, look how things are changing....
The same people who thought the automatic transmission was a free upgrade.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You donā€™t say... If a dealer asks for a non refundable deposit of ā€œthousandsā€ of dollars on a sight unseen vehicle then they are going to be very disappointed with their conversion rate of initial reservations.
Conversion rate isn't as important as selling the vehicle. If the vehicle gets to the lot and the customer backs out, the dealer is penalized. If there isn't any consequences to the customer for backing out, then the dealers risk is high. This the point of non-refundable deposits, which is a very common concept. My reservation is thru Stephen's and I have no idea what their requirement will be. I couldn't care less if the deposit was refundable or not, $500 or $2500. My biggest bombshells were the v6 and Sasquatch not paired with mt, or at least delayed till 22 for the squatch. And that's insanely old news. I am unlikely to cancel at this point, unless I am not allowed to order and wait for the 22 mt Sasquatch

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All y'all worried should cancel. I'll take the hit and continue to wait in line and pay more deposit. I do this out of the goodness of my heart for all y'all.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put down a 500.00 deposit in 2011 when I ordered my second Raptor - wanted the crew and the 6.2 - and have since ordered a 2017 Raptor and my son's 2018 Focus ST without a deposit. Dealer tells me he is not asking for any further deposit because I have a solid track record with them. I think it is a dealer by dealer or maybe even customer by customer thing. Honestly I don't care - whatever I put forth for a deposit is just that much less money I will be paying interest on for the next 36 months.
When I ordered my super duty it was the same regarding deposit. Some wanted one some not. I think for the ones that donā€™t take a deposit, it is easier for them to unwind the deal if there is an issue.

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A $500 deposit is standard on vehicle orders. The fact that people expected otherwise is comical. Hopefully they will go ahead and cancel now. ??ā€ā™€

MiamiDubai

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
who in their right mind would put down a non refundable deposit in the ā€œthousandsā€ on a vehicle they have never even seen in person?
Thousands of Tesla owners. When I bought mine it was $2500 sight unseen and I couldnā€™t test drive my car before purchasing.
This was on a $80,000 car
Sponsored