Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bundles have several purposes. One is to incentivize customers to purchase higher priced options. Another is to help with production.

Imagine if every single option was optional. Tracking the permutations wouldn't be that hard but managing the parts inventory would be. With packages you know that based on the orders you need X number of options for a given package level. It simplifies the planning and parts inventory at production.

And the number of customers who complain about it are infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things.

Customization is where the aftermarket steps in, although in some cases creative owners can make the stock parts work.
Well said sir.

To add to that if I may; at the end of the day, the reason Ford Motor Company exists (just like any other company), is to make a profit for it's shareholders. We as the consumers have to decide if we are willing to spend our money on accessories that are OEM designed and warrantied, or go with (many times) less expensive aftermarket options. It's just the nature of business.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That reminds me... did anyone ever find the picatinny rail as an option in B&P?
The accessory rail has become quite a mystery. There were two variations in early pictures, one that looked similar to picatinny and one that was completely different. It isn't in B&P and nobody seems to talk about it anymore. This seems like a good question for Ford reps the next time someone gets a chance.
As for outlets, I suspect that the trim levels that allow dash USB (lux) would have the blanks where the outlets go - possibly allowing for later installation by the owner. The other trim levels might not have such blanks.

Ford Bronco Ford - Take the Dash USB Ports Out of Lux Bronco Rail
Ford Bronco Ford - Take the Dash USB Ports Out of Lux external-content.duckduckgo.com

Last edited:

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm leaning Base now to help keep my financing payments lower, and am planning on learning on doing DIY/Aftermarket add ons.
I just received one of these I ordered from Amazon. My plan is to put this in the cargo area. I want something similar but without the display for the dash. I will find the right one before the Bronco arrives. I’m sure wiring it up and installing it will be fairly easy.
For research purposes, what is that called? What do I type into Google? I'm a novice at this stuff
Wire it to one of the aux switches?
Im going base so i will be adding everything as well back seat power,ambient footwell lighting,picitinny rail i found this long piece of rail that was not used on another project it might work nicely
Ford Bronco Ford - Take the Dash USB Ports Out of Lux external-content.duckduckgo.com
I plan on finding a forum or thread where you guys discuss how you're doing these things aftermarket, so I can learn and do it myself too.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree!! The power on the dash shouldn’t be Lux! Something like heated steering wheel... yes

also, are there bolts up there for an aftermarket rail?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The accessory rail has become quite a mystery. There were two variations in early pictures, one that looked similar to picatinny and one that was completely different. It isn't in B&P and nobody seems to talk about it anymore. This seems like a good question for Ford reps the next time someone gets a chance.
As for outlets, I suspect that the trim levels that allow dash USB (lux) would have the blanks where the outlets go - possibly allowing for later installation by the owner. The other trim levels might not have such blanks.

The one that looks different almost looks like mlok.

There was speculation that either Ford didn’t want to spend the money to license it, or they decided the picatinny will look more badass to more people.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree!! The power on the dash shouldn’t be Lux! Something like heated steering wheel... yes

also, are there bolts up there for an aftermarket rail?
Ford has said that the mounting points for the rail are directly to the structural members under the dash.

This leads me to believe that it will be a trivial matter to attach items directly to these mounting points, or for an aftermarket company to offer their own rail.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2,295 extra for a USB port and a wireless charger. These things better be able to make me a sandwich and bring me a beer for that price.
But it’s WIRELESS! :p

When you create the packages there’s always going to some people who don’t use all of the features.

Just the way it is. The solution is to just get the First Edition with every option. Problem solved!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said sir.

To add to that if I may; at the end of the day, the reason Ford Motor Company exists (just like any other company), is to make a profit for it's shareholders. We as the consumers have to decide if we are willing to spend our money on accessories that are OEM designed and warrantied, or go with (many times) less expensive aftermarket options. It's just the nature of business.
It’s not just about making money (well, mostly) but about ease of ordering too.The Good/Better/Best strategy is pretty common although not all consumers realize it.

I’m actually surprised they offered so many Bronco models. I’m sure they could have gotten away with just three. Base, Luxury and Serious Off-road. How many threads have there been with tons of hand wringing just to figure out which model to get let alone which options?

But then you see there’s 87 different Wrangler models so Ford had to try to match that.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sure would be nice if they would go back to offering individual options in addition to packages.

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm leaning Base now to help keep my financing payments lower, and am planning on learning on doing DIY/Aftermarket add ons.

For research purposes, what is that called? What do I type into Google? I'm a novice at this stuff

I plan on finding a forum or thread where you guys discuss how you're doing these things aftermarket, so I can learn and do it myself too.
I searched “car/automotive USB port”.

I installed car audio and electronics professionally for 12 years. I still work on projects like this on my own vehicles.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly? to get a factory installed USB i have to pay $5000 more?

Why is it not offered in the same package as additional USB's in the back???
They should be standard along with the rail....heck....we don't even know how to get the rail (yet).

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should be standard along with the rail....heck....we don't even know how to get the rail (yet).
"Standard" should be a feature that every single owner will use. Rails to hold your toys are not even in that realm.

By the time they start converting the reservations I would expect a lot of details to get worked out. Until then it's all TBD.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Standard" should be a feature that every single owner will use. Rails to hold your toys are not even in that realm.

By the time they start converting the reservations I would expect a lot of details to get worked out. Until then it's all TBD.
The amount of times I've heard a single person, with a straight face, argue that:

1. "more items should be standard!"
2. "the vehicle is too expensive!"
3. "we should be able to pick and choose what we want!"
4. "I'm not paying that much for something I can get cheaper aftermarket!"

I really feel like "packages" is the best compromise... don't pay for more than you want while also reducing expense by bundling and cost-sharing...
Sponsored

Last edited: