First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Want an enclosure but only the Tuffy is approachable in budget. Seems to me that enclosure could be easily modified for additional features? No? IE: Add pass through door to backseat panel / mod so a section of backseat panel can lay down/be removed with quick-release pins, use quick-release pin setup for top so it can be put-in and taken-out quickly.

Going to buy one today and will report what I see when I get it here. Just trying to find out if anyoine has done anyt mods on it like this before?
Sponsored

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great idea! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was looking at the pieces from pics I can see online (My enclosure will nbto be here until Saturday). Mocked up and idea that may be just as do-able and more useful to me than a cubby hole door. Seems to me the thing should easily be able to collapse into a shelf that is the same height as the seats are when folded down to create a flat area up to the backseats.
In teh attached renders I've mocked up a concept of the idea modifying the Ford/Tuffy model. It's rough on dimensions and I just grabbed some pin-pull hinges from Mcmaster-Carr...nothing of that size is required. I don't have the pieces in place that bolt down where the floor hook are of ocurse but I suspect those remain in place and the Nut-Bolt setup gets reploaced with a pin setup somehow. There would be some sort of fold out supports on backseat panel or sides...dunno. Occurrs to me also the top itself could potentially lay on top of the folded sections providing another layer.
After having looked at this a little bit, I think Ford dropped the ball on the cargo security. I don't see why they didn't just incorporate a Roto-molded seatback panel in grooves and a roto-molded top piece that has a lock on left/right into the metal. Or a center lock like on hard Truck Tonneau covers. All this metal penals, pins, bolts, nuts, etc is Boolsheet and bush league.

Closed.png

Open.png

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was looking at the pieces from pics I can see online (My enclosure will nbto be here until Saturday). Mocked up and idea that may be just as do-able and more useful to me than a cubby hole door. Seems to me the thing should easily be able to collapse into a shelf that is the same height as the seats are when folded down to create a flat area up to the backseats.
In teh attached renders I've mocked up a concept of the idea modifying the Ford/Tuffy model. It's rough on dimensions and I just grabbed some pin-pull hinges from Mcmaster-Carr...nothing of that size is required. I don't have the pieces in place that bolt down where the floor hook are of ocurse but I suspect those remain in place and the Nut-Bolt setup gets reploaced with a pin setup somehow. There would be some sort of fold out supports on backseat panel or sides...dunno. Occurrs to me also the top itself could potentially lay on top of the folded sections providing another layer.
After having looked at this a little bit, I think Ford dropped the ball on the cargo security. I don't see why they didn't just incorporate a Roto-molded seatback panel in grooves and a roto-molded top piece that has a lock on left/right into the metal. Or a center lock like on hard Truck Tonneau covers. All this metal penals, pins, bolts, nuts, etc is Boolsheet and bush league.

Ford Bronco Ford/Tuffy Enclosure Mod Ope

Ford Bronco Ford/Tuffy Enclosure Mod Ope
I agree. I have the fixed enclosure and it does it's job but the top is a huge pain to take on and off and it is way too heavy. The back needs to easily fold down for pass through cargo. The sides I guess protect the plastic and offer molle mounting but I could do without them (weight and rattling). Goat Fabrication has a shelf that looks like it would provide top security then just need something for behind the seats. There has to be an easier solution and one that is light weight and a foldable top for easy access (dogs & tall cargo). I'm surprised nobody has manufactured a simple solution to provide security and easy accessibility.

OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s a Hard Plastic folding concept a company called Axiam was working with Ford on in early 2000’s…. Something like this seems simple in 2023…

BD9AA30F-B54C-4C93-AF1E-DC9F05B487CB.png

B2ABF20B-A00E-4307-8E5C-F0AF287CD392.png

OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)