North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is a tidbit I found in some Friday news, take it for what it is worth...
Ford Bronco:
By Keith Barry
April 24, 2020
Ford would not confirm a release date for either vehicle, but Jominy—who worked in product development for several automakers prior to joining JD Power—told CR that he expects the Bronco won’t make a virtual debut like the 2021 Hyundai Elantra did in March. “Because of the importance and the history, I just suspect they’re going to wait for some opportunity to do it in person,” Jominy says. “They’re looking for just the right moment.”
https://www.consumerreports.org/aut...-e-chevrolet-corvette-debuts-pandemic-impact/
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is a tidbit I found in some Friday news, take it for what it is worth...
that’s basically what I thought. Wait for everybody to be able to get back together. Do the show the right way. And get the entire Ford company to rally behind the new bronco. I still say late May early June.

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that’s basically what I thought. Wait for everybody to be able to get back together. Do the show the right way. And get the entire Ford company to rally behind the new bronco. I still say late May early June.
That's all fine by me. In the meantime, I'll be happy with more leaks of the 2 door Ford Bronco.

Last edited:

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not that this necessarily affects the Bronco's timing much or at all, but for an idea of how much the stoppages are affecting the launch of the new 2021 F-150, here's the new order bank and start of production dates (compared to old dates):

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/new-2021-f-150-official-order-production-dates.61/
So Bronco Sport delayed 2 months, F150 delayed 1 month. Now both of those are Fall start dates. Bronco is set to start 3 months later. I wonder if that gap will help them set up or if it will Domino.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Analyst says Ford needs to 'rip the Band-Aid off' after $2B loss: What he means
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-2020-worst-since-great-recession/3045688001/
Very interesting article, some highlights:

"their finances are teetering on the brink of uncertainty"
(a euphemism for... "their finances are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy")

Stone said, noting that the company is cutting marketing, advertising, deferring costs and working to shore up spending wherever possible
(meaning slashing the Bronco budget)

about consolidation or a merger in light of the intense demands for cash and liquidity over the next year or two – possibly with Volkswagen.
(yup, the Bronco Baja is coming soon, no more Raptor)

We don’t think they can necessarily do what some of their Detroit brethren have done in Europe in terms of a full exit so quickly.
(European regulations are tough to get out of.)

'Are we a global automaker anymore?' I know that might be a tough pill to swallow when you’re from Ford. ... But you’ve just got to rip the Band-Aid off."

Jim Farley, chief operating officer, said, "I know we'll come out of this a lot stronger. We need to be agile and have a bias toward action and be very transparent."
(Executive double-speak to convince the Wall Streeters they have it under control, even if they don't.)

No Rivian deal
: Also Tuesday, Ford and Rivian put their plans on ice indefinitely to jointly develop a Lincoln-branded electric vehicle. The current economy has created new and unexpected challenges, so this particular project is "eliminated,"

Ford has the Ford F-150, Bronco and Mustang Mach-E planned. The company has declined to reveal how launches have been impacted though media briefings have been postponed indefinitely.

Garrett Nelson, senior equity analyst at CFRA Research, downgraded Ford shares to a "sell" from a "hold" recommendation

So in summary, my opinion, take it for what it is worth:

So the results are the Bronco will be a 2022 introduction with no frills, few options, any color you want, so long as its black., Maybe only one or two packages, unless you count the VW Baja model?

Or, will this be a to big to fail product, going after Jeep sales, so they have to make it work?

Take either option for a roadmap, or somewhere in between, or do they cancel the Bronco all together??? and what do they do with the bronco Sport???

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So in summary, my opinion, take it for what it is worth:
Funny how different things jump out to different people. Most impactful for me was: "The average transaction price for a Ford is $43,311". Too high. According to KBB:

ManufacturerDecember 2019 Price (Avg.)
Honda$29,152
Fiat Chrysler$41,513
Ford$44,989
General Motors$42,141
Hyundai Kia$28,694
Nissan$30,985
Subaru$30,936
Toyota$34,997
Volkswagen$44,329
Industry$38,948

ALL those average prices reflect the current assembly line design - which may or may not continue in a world more aware/concerned with infectious disease transmission. I'd guess modifications would only result in even higher costs. How likely is major change in vehicle assembly? I don't know; but I know 9/11 caused security changes that continue even today.

The bottom line is we might be in the dawn of a new era for vehicles.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Borg Warner plant hit by the tornado is also restarting limited production also which is good news since they supply parts for the F-150 and will for the Bronco also most likely.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is an encouraging tidbit from another article posted by member "west":
"Additionally, Farley said the company is moving forward with several long-planned product launches, including the revival of the eagerly anticipated Bronco SUV. The company did not have any launch dates to announce Tuesday."
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...als-5-billion-loss-second-quarter/3039658001/
However, none of us know what, if any, of these cuts will affect the Bronco:
"We have identified billions of dollars of opportunity thus far, and we are going to keep addressing opportunities to improve fitness and redesign the business so we come out of this more well-positioned than ever.”
Sponsored