Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are positives and negatives in this situation. In my opinion the negatives definitely outweigh the positives.

Advantages are that Ford could be considering what people are requesting and that there is more time to save money for down payments.

Disadvantages include the fact that the customer can no longer change their dealership before the build and price configuration is available and that Ford is not making it obvious that they know what they are doing. This launch is concerning for the cost and the quality of the end product. Hoping that the design and production teams are more educated that the marketing and logistics teams.

Most concerning is that Ford even eluded to anything being revealed when they can not deliver on time. This proves how disorderly they are and it is concerning for the customer. The only proper reactions in this instance are frustration and utter disappointment.

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hate to be this guy but I’m curious if Ford is trying to get a feel for who may be in the White House for the next 4 Years. Not to get Political but depending on who gets in this November could make a big difference when it comes to Manufacturing the Bronco and how much it will cost to build.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So Poop ?

But maybe not poop ...

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's not really an update, of course you will see the pricing before you order....

In other news...the sky is blue. Thank you Mike for your infinite wisdom.
Yeah but...Velocity Blue, Antimatter, Area 51 or Cactus grey (is it more blue or green?);)

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Farley sucks so does Hacket! I mean even Toyota hated Farley!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But the fact we have to lock in a dealer in October puts those with reservations in a tough position. I suppose there is the opportunity to make a change at order as well, at least as I understand it thus far.
But the fact we have to lock in a dealer in October puts those with reservations in a tough position. I suppose there is the opportunity to make a change at order as well, at least as I understand it thus far.
I have a feeling Ford will be making changes again. Too many are going to be unwilling to buy on faith. I think it's unreasonable to expect locking in a dealer before even knowing exactly what you're buying.

Sponsored

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how this all would've played out had they launched in March as originally planned.

I think the 12-18 month wait for delivery is more of a deterrent to completing the order, but this delay looks bad.

And, yes, I've ordered vehicles before. In those cases, I could track it as it made its way through the assembly line, and it was a few months from order to delivery. That was also a first year launch, but done much better I guess.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You know, the sad thing here is that the Bronco Sport was revealed the same day as the Bronco and has had a build & price up for weeks now.
To be fair, the Sport configurator is very basic.. You select your model, select the +up package for that model (or not) and then just add towing, 360 sensor, roof rack, etc. There's a dearth of real choice beyond color.

So it's a lot simpler than the potential fleet of options that the full size Bronco has.

xylophone solo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So first,you can change dealer anytime,to you can only change dealer before Oct 31,to you can only change dealer 1 time,without knowing the god dam price ha,

Now you be locked in to a vehicle you don't know the final price on (because greasy dealers WILL mark up now),to price and build wont be known till December,and oh yea,you wont get your 2021 bronco till 2022,there by locking in your depreciation,and that's all if covid disappears and isn't a factor in parts,factorys,dealerships,customers...you just been Levined

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's a car. Your dad isn't in the ICU. Your kid didn't just get knocked-up. Your dog didn't just bite a personal injury attorney in the crotch.

It's a car.

Take a deep breath and

re mother-effin lax.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We are certainly on a fascinating journey! This is just day 20 since the Bronco reveal and look at us! Ford has done a superb job with the Bronco launch. The drama increases exponentially each day. Amazing!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.