Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you create a product that has people clamoring for it because it's an absolute homerun, you don't follow it up with vague information and bullshit promises of information that you can't adhere to. The alternative is reality. And I don't give Ford a pass for it.
Sponsored

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still plan to buy, but it’s starting to lose my interest. I still come here for info and look to track down new videos, but just have too much going on to invest too much time in it. Ford could (and should) have done better. Not everyone’s like us here - many average people who aren’t fanatics have forgotten about it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree. But the buzz has been generated by they awesome design. The marketing efforts haven't advanced the ball one bit. That's my point.
I'm wondering if the Bronco simply isn't ready yet? Seems like a lot of testing still going on very late in the game. Are there some things Ford is still wary about?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO, no one should use Twitter to make official announcements or provide anything resembling clear or detailed communication. The platform is explicitly designed not to support that.

You can generate buzz and post links, but that's as close to official communication you should get.

bronco38

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just thinking about this today... From an engineering & design standpoint they knocked it out the park A+ on the that front.

Marketing on the other hand I would give a C+. The launch was pretty solid but incredibly expensive partnerships (Disney, Google Ad Spend, etc...)

The Bronco will crush sales expectations simply due to brand equity and competitive differentiation. However they planned incredibly poorly from a marketing communications perspective post-launch. If you where too look at the deeper marketing metrics long long term conversions, life-time value, etc... I think you’ll see financial impact later down the road when competition increases.

Sponsored

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still plan to buy, but it’s starting to lose my interest. I still come here for info and look to track down new videos, but just have too much going on to invest too much time in it. Ford could (and should) have done better. Not everyone’s like us here - many average people who aren’t fanatics have forgotten about it.
#1 Go Hoos.
#2 I’m with you. Think I’m getting burned out on this. My interest and excitement for the B&P is beginning to go down...

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly....at this point do they even need to sell this thing? Reservations are at what now 300,000? They'll be building this thing for a long time before they need to start marketing for Broncos sitting on the lots.

Not excusing them but the reality is, even with crappy marketing, they'll sell these things no problem.

Most people buying these or those that even have the slightest interest have no idea who Mike Levine is or that anything may or may not arrive by September.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly....at this point do they even need to sell this thing? Reservations are at what now 300,000? They'll be building this thing for a long time before they need to start marketing for Broncos sitting on the lots.

Not excusing them but the reality is, even with crappy marketing, they'll sell these things no problem.

Most people buying these or those that even have the slightest interest have no idea who Mike Levine is or that anything may or may not arrive by September.
I made the mistake of buying shares. Now I not only want a Bronco but also return on investment. My fault really as it took some fun out of things for me. Good news, not that many shares.

OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then I need a job like Mike Levine. No pressure because it doesn't matter.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford's Marketing... 1600483090735

They'll release info when they are ready. Better to do it right than to release info before the bugs are worked out.

Sponsored

cactus_jack

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford fully expected people to flock to the sport model. The full bronco was intended to be no more than a niche market concept vehicle at time of release. Now they're scrambling to figure out how to build it.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then I need a job like Mike Levine. No pressure because it doesn't matter.
I mean I'm sure he had a hand in getting us excited enough to put a deposit on a truck that we don't have the full details for. The reservation system seems to have created enough of a marketing buzz.

Again... Not excusing but I'm sure the guy doesn't just send a couple tweets and then kicks back for the day.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree for the most part. It seems that the roll out sequence should be moving along smartly with crisper execution, predicable continuity and reliable communication. That said, I hope that some of the ambiguity we are encountering reflects unanticipated 11th hour spinning on Ford's part to deliver many of the things that caught fire with us such as the white top/CG prototype cosmetics, desire for stick-shifted 2.7 engine, etc. If so, it will be worth it.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been thinking about Ford's marketing efforts. In my opinion they've been abysmal. I've been trying to decide whether they're incompetent or just mistaken in their efforts. I mean, the Bronco has been absent for over 20 years. I guess I can understand that Ford underestimated the demand (although I really think that's incompetence in itself). So they reveal the Bronco to great fanfare. Then...nothing. All we get from an information standpoint is Mike Levine's vague tweets. I'll keep my opinion on that guy's performance to myself. But if you're Ford, you clearly have a huge population of people clamoring for the Bronco. They want details. They want specifics. They want prices. You continue to miss self-imposed deadlines (spare me with the "by September" includes September BS). The question is whether Ford is stringing people along because they believe it keeps us interested or they are just incompetent. I think that once you realize there is a demand for your product that far exceeds your expectations a strategy of stringing people along to keep them interested is unlikely. Thus, I think Ford's marketing efforts and the lack of information is a result is sheer incompetence. Maybe they need a few more "rock stars" running the show. The new design of the Bronco is spot on. However, Ford's execution of the product launch is abysmal. Just my opinion. Some people will say roll with the punches. Enjoy the ride. I get that. But when I look at it from a business perspective, Ford gets a failing grade. People say Ford really needs this launch to go well and maybe it will from a sales standpoint. But in my opinion, Mike Levine and his "rock star" marketing team is detrimental the Ford's launch efforts.
I... mostly agree with you. Three thoughts crossed my mind, in no particular order/relevance:

1. Like it or not, Ford is not selling to the average bronco6g member, they're selling to the average consumer. I'd say our standards are pretty high for release of information, specs, pricing, etc.

2. You forgot to mention Ford's main marketing attempt: Bronco Nation. (BN claims to be independent but we all know Ford runs the show). It posts bronco "news", nice looking pics/videos, and creates community amongst "enthusiasts". No need to go into why that membership fee is overpriced.

3. And yet, despite Ford's failing grade in marketing and communication, the 2021 bronco WILL SELL. The design team hit it out of the park.

OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean I'm sure he had a hand in getting us excited enough to put a deposit on a truck that we don't have the full details for. The reservation system seems to have created enough of a marketing buzz.

Again... Not excusing but I'm sure the guy doesn't just send a couple tweets and then kicks back for the day.
Not saying they're lazy. Just incompetent.
Sponsored