Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m seeing a lot of posts saying Ford will offer 210 and locker as an option other than with Squatch, but I have never seen this confirmed by Ford

I don't see anyone saying it will be a stand alone option. What I see is people hoping it is, since it is listed as optional on the specs for every model. What we do not know at this point is if it means optional in the squatch package only or if it means optional a la carte.

As far as what's 100% confirmed by Ford, that ain't much at this point.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I worked off this assumption as well. However, it was posted on here (I think it was on a differential or transmission thread) that Mark Levine confirmed the 210 front axle wasn't a stand alone option on Black diamond, just via Smashsquatch.

Which threw a monkey into the wrench.... So now i'm just waiting for the official B&P as the Ford marketing material has been proven to be produced quite early and not to be taken as 100% accurate, even in terms of continuity. (which bugs me greatly)

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most of the "Optional" you see isn't stand-alone optional, but part of an Optional package. But all will be settled eventually when B&P comes.

Personally I'm excited for it, and scared of it, because assuming they get it correct, it is going to be a big wake up call for many of us... including me :(

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey, if you want to say those are set in stone and Ford 100% is going to do what you want them to, then fine. I guess I figure those specs leave a lot to be explained later. You may end up disappointed if Ford doesn't interpret that simple chart the same way you do.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going off past experience ordering vehicles. Just because something in a pamphlet says available doesn't always mean as a stand alone option.

Really though, it's pointless debating what it means. We will find out once we can build our Broncos. I hope everything is a stand alone option. I doubt many will be.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who knows.... I keep reading Ford folks constantly talk about the Bronco being modular and Highly customizable.... what better way to prove it than allow for everything to be a la carte!

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who knows.... I keep reading Ford folks constantly talk about the Bronco being modular and Highly customizable.... what better way to prove it than allow for everything to be a la carte!
Is it too late to start a petition for front lockers? ???

Seems kinda short sighted for them to ONLY be available on Squatch or BL.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well its funny cuz alot of folks seem to feel you don't really need one. So I guess once you got BL, BD, or Squatch ... you must be serious enough to need one.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&P doesn‘t even mention front lockers in any section other than if you click on info under Sasquatch package. Shouldn’t it be shown as included with the non Squatch Badlands?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With that said, as I read more about people's take on Sasquatch and the oversized 35" tires and it's affect on MPG and such... I am starting to second guess myself.....

(How important is a Front Locker anyway)
ok, reading your post I am gonna take a guess here and I can be waaaaaay off but here it goes. I don’t think you will ever NEED the front locker. You are concerned about MPG. You can‘t be concerned about MPG and get the Sasquatch package. If MPG is a concern then save your
$$ and bypass Sasquatch. If you get Sasquatch do not be surprised with 16 mpg for a safe estimate. And I am talking real MPG, not sticker labeled mpg on a manufactured vehicle. That mpg will be on a base model with the smallest tires in the model lineup.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To put this in perspective, if you've never offroaded before, you don't need a front locker or rear locker, for 99% of the crap you can get into like general fire road stuff.

There are PLENTY of us who have offroaded, with offroading clubs, etc, that have only had 4WD and maybe a rear locker because that's all that was available for us back then and happened to come with the truck when just starting out.

You're only using lockers in specific situations, when you're completely stuck, or there's an obstacle that everyone else that's had to use lockers to get through.

Also, that's why you always go with at least one other capable vehicle. If you get stuck, they pull you out. If they get stuck, you pull them out.

It's just nice to be able to have them from factory if you plan on doing crap with your brand new Bronco, where you're going to have the opportunity to break crap like drive shafts and bang up your brand new body :)

I wouldn't get lockers if you're not planning on going to offroad parks or going on some "overlanding"(so sick of that term) trips. Not necessary for a street queen. Just nice to have.
Sponsored