roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe someone already knows this or it is so simple it goes without saying but I didn't see anything clearly explain what is actually being programed and what each option means for the speakers?

Specifically what speakers you are programming:

727-01-01 XX*X-XXXX-XX = Front Satellite Speakers / Speaker 1 Output

I’d have to guess that center
727-01-01 XXX*-XXXX-XX = Speaker 2 Output / Speaker 6 Center Output

Front Satellite Speakers -Dash speakers??
Speaker 1 Output - Would this be the front and 2 is the back -or- right and left?
Speaker 2 Output
Speaker 6 Center Output - Sub or power bar?

After figuring out the locations it would seem simple enough to pick what you want if you knew what each option did. If you know what these options actually do please fill us in.

Front Satellite Speaker (FSS) Options:
Internal Amplifier - Guessing full power or range from the factory.
Reserved - Guessing limited power or limited range from the factory; maybe both?
Disabled - No sure why but this would make you believe you don't want any dash speakers.

Speaker 1 Output (Also Speaker 2 Output since it's the same) Options:
SO Non-Tweeter only
SO Tweeter Only
SO Speaker and Tweeter
SO No Speaker Connected

Based on just the options for the above and below it seems like the "No Speaker" is obvious, no power and completely restricted (off). This would make me believe the "Tweeter Only" would be restricted power and high Hz Eq range. Following the same thought process the "Non-Tweeter Only" would be full power but low Hz Eq range. The Speaker and Tweeter would be full power and full range. I have absolutely no clue if this is even remotely accurate and just guessing off process of elimination.

Speaker 6 Center Output Options:
SCO Non-Tweeter Only
SCO Tweeter Only
SCO Speaker and Tweeter
SCO No Speaker Connected

Above, I'm wondering what SCO is. I was thinking this is for the sub but why would the options have the tweeter as a selection unless this is just their way of saying what range (Hz) you want to allow.

It would be nice to let everyone know what they are actually controlling.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Good Qs. I’d have to guess that “Center” refers to the B&O center channel, not the sub. Possibly Speaker Center Output or something.

Just got my Forscan dongle, so may try out the different settings. Wonder how they compare to installing bass blockers.
Sponsored

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, I went with what Crutchfield suggested. It was early on though (August). I’d be curious if they’ve had time to work on a Bronco of their own. Honestly, I’m pretty happy with the outcome. I’ll probably order some 300hz and see what the difference is for myself. They’re only $10 a set.

Edit: I’m happy with the outcome, but the soundscape is very much front of house. I’m hoping this helps fill the space a bit.
that is exactly what I was thinking. Where did you get the harness and I am correct that it connects to head unit and gives full frequency output? How hard was it to put in?

SlvrSurfRidr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Carbonized Gray 4DR, High/Tow, SoftTop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure he just used the Crutchfield Baseblockers. You wire them inline at the speaker. Doesn't change output from the headunit, but rather rolls off the low frequencies so they don't make your 4" speakers sound fuzzy with the lower frequencies that come from the headunit. From the factory, Ford has the high pass (bassblocker) to the rear speakers by default. You'll need a Forscan adjustment to get around that

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the Forscan 'line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800' along with install of Infinity Reference 4" speakers in the front and rear (with 300 HZ base blockers in the front) this weekend, and I can say with certainty that the Forscan change made a positive difference, especially at lower volume settings.

I made a video of the whole thing, including recording audio output before and after for comparison purposes. I will be editing this week and hopefully posting on Friday.
Months ago I subscribed to your channel and saved this specific video for when I do this modification. Reading here for the first time about the forscan change affecting the chime volume level some people are experiencing. Can you confirm any of that?

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Months ago I subscribed to your channel and saved this specific video for when I do this modification. Reading here for the first time about the forscan change affecting the chime volume level some people are experiencing. Can you confirm any of that?
Because my Base does not have any of the chime producing systems like blind spot and cross traffic etc, I don't get any chimes from which to comment on the volume....sorry bout that.

Sponsored

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because my Base does not have any of the chime producing systems like blind spot and cross traffic etc, I don't get any chimes from which to comment on the volume....sorry bout that.
OOOOOh of course, its right in your name! I have a 2022 BD so some Mid chime goodies. I believe some people have reported globally the chimes were louder, even the door open and seatbelt etc. Thanks for your videos, they're all really great.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OOOOOh of course, its right in your name! I have a 2022 BD so some Mid chime goodies. I believe some people have reported globally the chimes were louder, even the door open and seatbelt etc. Thanks for your videos, they're all really great.
Thanks for watching them! Ya I have seen some others say that. I have not noticed any difference in things like the startup chime or seatbelt chime. My only thought would be, if you don't like it, it would be really easy to switch back to default settings.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for watching them! Ya I have seen some others say that. I have not noticed any difference in things like the startup chime or seatbelt chime. My only thought would be, if you don't like it, it would be really easy to switch back to default settings.
Totally agree about switching back. Can’t decide if I want to even open this forscan can of worms yet honestly.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Changed out all the speakers today and I did both the 3800 change and 0900 change and didn't hear the dramatic difference I was hoping for. It is better. I just wanted more. Haven't installed the little kicker amp nor added a subwoofer yet so that will probably make the change I'm looking for. Didn't notice a change in chimes either, but that's good!

Waiting on a sub because I want a company to come out with an enclosure for the B&O sub space.

Educ8or78

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does the sound bar flash make the rear base speakers sound like the front speakers? I've read and reread so many threads, but I don't see a definitive answer. Also, the Forscan changes are completely than the sound bar flash, right? I've done the Forscan codes and not a lot changed. Thanks.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

upgraded all 4 4" speakers today, big difference imo.

forscan tomorrow, going with 3800 code.

on the fence for the 6.5s. look like a pia.

next will be a key 200.4 and sub. while im in there autostop.

this thread is great.

pjmezz13

Black Diamond
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

this thread is great.
What are you looking to achieve with the forscan change?

PonyStable

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

this thread is great.
Lol. This is the only thread I check daily!

pjmezz13

Black Diamond
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
hopefully more range in the rears.
I think you'll get the range, question is can the speakers do anything with it? 4" drivers can only do so much on the low end. Should be plenty safe though as there isn't much power out of the stock head unit. What speakers did you end up going with?

I would suggest upgrading the kick panels to really enhance the low-end sound. Amplified would be best, but if you'd prefer not to go full tilt on the system, a set of component speakers with a passive crossover (utilizing only the low mid-range output) could work. I have a few diagrams that have helped me along the way attached here.
Sponsored

Attachments