John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't have to be that complex, All I Did with my system was hookup an amp and subwoofer to the rear channel speaker wires, Then play some test tones from here;

https://www.demolandia.net/speaker-test/tones/page-1.html

The 40hz test tone easily made it clear that all the crap people keep talking about with 727-01-01, and JBL Firmware programming are unnecessary.

Play the 40hz test tone with default settings, and you'll get silence from the subwoofer. Change one setting;

ACM 727-01-02 '0901' to '0900',

You'll hear the test tone clearly, It doesn't get any simpler or sure than that...

ACM 727-01-01 is for setting the types of speakers connected, and how to treat them as far as are they amplified by the vehicle or not, and while that could certainly be valuable in fine tuning what components are ultimately used, If the question is how to get full range to the rear speakers 727-01-02 is the only setting that needs to be changed.

Further thought, A lot of people are probably trying these settings after just changing the rear speakers... If all you do is throw a set of 4" Kickers back there, and enable full range, the change will be there, but it will be very subtle, and many people wouldn't even be able to hear a difference, (I couldn't, unless sitting in the backseat)

4" speakers without any additional amplification are not going to be enough to make an appreciable difference in the sound.
Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It doesn't have to be that complex, All I Did with my system was hookup an amp and subwoofer to the rear channel speaker wires, Then play some test tones from here;

https://www.demolandia.net/speaker-test/tones/page-1.html

The 40hz test tone easily made it clear that all the crap people keep talking about with 727-01-01, and JBL Firmware programming are unnecessary.

Play the 40hz test tone with default settings, and you'll get silence from the subwoofer. Change one setting;

ACM 727-01-02 '0900' to '0901',

You'll hear the test tone clearly, It doesn't get any simpler or sure than that...

ACM 727-01-01 is for setting the types of speakers connected, and how to treat them as far as are they amplified by the vehicle or not, and while that could certainly be valuable in fine tuning what components are ultimately used, If the question is how to get full range to the rear speakers 727-01-02 is the only setting that needs to be changed.

You know I didn't even think of that. In my head I keep picturing people sitting there with some app running on their phone trying to read some data etc.... Something that isn't accurate or very scientific.

Watching a speaker to see if it moves at very specific known frequencies is a pretty accurate approach to me... Provided your amp hasn't been adjusted for any sort of crossover filter.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know I didn't even think of that. In my head I keep picturing people sitting there with some app running on their phone trying to read some data etc.... Something that isn't accurate or very scientific.

Watching a speaker to see if it moves at very specific known frequencies is a pretty accurate approach to me... Provided your amp hasn't been adjusted for any sort of crossover filter.
I need to make one small disclaimer, I may have the numbers backwards for ACM 727-01-02..

Everything I'm reading when I go back and look says that 0901 is the default, and 0900 is the fix... I'll double check what I have in there tonight to confirm, and edit my posts.

But the principle is the same, flip the value back and forth between 01 and 00, and you should be able to hear when a 40hz tone is getting through.

The amp I was using was set for a crossover of 120hz (LPF), If you can do that you actually should, to be sure no noise from a power line is bleeding off into your speaker wires, and to mitigate any rolloff from the amp. That's just for the test. Ultimately you'll want to adjust that crossover to acheive what sounds best to you. Lots of people lose sight of that, and build their sound systems to the best "spec". It's a system for YOUR entertainment, if the end result in sound pleases you, that's what's important.

Edit; I Did go back, and the correct numbers for a 2021 are 901 for default, and 900 for full range, other years could vary.

Last edited:

OBXSquatch21

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I am using an AMP and DSP would it be worth going to my dealer and having them do the flash for the JBL soundbar to send full range before getting my aftermarket stuff installed or no?

Sponsored

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ned to make one small disclaimer, I may have the numbers backwards for ACM 727-01-02..

Everything I'm reading when I go back and look says that 0901 is the default, and 0900 is the fix... I'll double check what I have in there tonight to confirm, and edit my posts.

But the principle is the same, flip the value back and forth between 01 and 00, and you should be able to hear when a 40hz tone is getting through.
I'll be waiting to "hear" your results! (y)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I am using an AMP and DSP would it be worth going to my dealer and having them do the flash for the JBL soundbar to send full range before getting my aftermarket stuff installed or no?
I hadn't been keeping up on this, but I thought they couldn't do it for 2022 models...or was it that you actually needed the sound bar present.. I don't remember.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hadn't been keeping up on this, but I thought they couldn't do it for 2022 models...or was it that you actually needed the sound bar present.. I don't remember.
forscan v2.3.48 posted on their site is able to write the 3800 and 0900 values on my ‘22 and they’re working for me

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There was an update to the dealers software that fixed that.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alrighty, so hopefully this will settle the debate, and provide a repeatable experiment for everyone to use to determine if they have full range to the rear speakers...

My setup is using Rockford Fosgate R14X2 in the dash, Stock Speakers in the kick panels,

In the back I have Rockville RWB65B Wakeboard Speakers being driven by a Kenwood KAC-314

And for Subs I have a custom box made by Elevated Evolutions Custom Enclosures with Dual Skar 10" Subs Driven by a Skar M-5001D Amp. I love this enclosure, Chris made it specifically to my specifications/dimensions, and put in extra bracing so I could carry all my recovery gear and tools on top of it...

Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers PXL_20220903_144758764

Check him out and tell him I sent you if you want an awesome enclosure that can shake your bronco.

Both amps are set to where I normally have them, with no filters turned on on the Kenwood, and the Skar is set with a Low Pass Filter at roughly 160 Hertz.

The videos were made using a 40Hz test tone downloaded from Demolandia and played via Bluetooth from my Pixel5a. All ACM Settings except 727-01-02 are at default, and the factory head unit is set to default tone settings with the volume at 18.

This first video is with 727-01-02 at the default 0901

Not full range

The second video is with 727-01-02 set to 0900, and it definitely shows that the Bronco now has full range to the rear speakers.

Full Range

While there might still be a difference with different years, anyone can use this same method to repeat the experiment, and find the right setting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does this mean that I can take my 22 to my dealership and ask them to flash it, even it not putting in the sound bar?

Edit, I got forscan and did these edits. I am on a 2022. New kickers for rear come in today, really hoping they do better than the stock, and sound like the front that I have replaced already.

Last edited:

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmmmmm now I wonder if I can get my dealership to do this for me without the sound bar. Has anyone tried that yet and been told one way or another?
Got a text in to dealer. Let's see.

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does this mean that I can take my 22 to my dealership and ask them to flash it, even it not putting in the sound bar?

Edit, I got forscan and did these edits. I am on a 2022. New kickers for rear come in today, really hoping they do better than the stock, and sound like the front that I have replaced already.

Did it work for you?

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did it work for you?
Yes it appear to have. I have to adjust the volume a bit towards the back to get equal sounding between front and rears. I guess about 60% to the back. Putting it right in the middle has the rears a bit lower. At 60ish they both sound pretty equal and much better.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes it appear to have. I have to adjust the volume a bit towards the back to get equal sounding between front and rears. I guess about 60% to the back. Putting it right in the middle has the rears a bit lower. At 60ish they both sound pretty equal and much better.
Oh, I should try that. I like the sound after the upgrades - but it’s front heavy.
Sponsored