Future Bronco Updates?

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We tend to keep our vehicles a long time (decade plus). With the increase in competition (new four runner, jeep's response, bronco warthog and becoming its own "brand", electric vehicles, etc) I see us entering into a golden age of off-road competition. With that in mind, I'm not sure how long it may take to be realized and a bird in hand is better than two in the bush!

These are the Bronco updates that would probably make me kick myself for not waiting for. What would you say is the likelihood of any of these features being available in say the next 3-5 years:

Fold flat floor
Easily removeable rear seat
Tailgate
Non eco-boost engine (5.0 coyote, straight 6, mini pushrod 7.3)
Towing capacity of 5000 pounds or greater
Full size bronco

I hate compromising, especially at this price point, but also would hate to fruitlessly wait and miss out on years of topless fun and damn does the bronco look fun! I'm torn on waiting on practicality versus fun today!
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

full size bronco? How much more "full size" can you get and aftermarket will easily come out with something to make the floor flat. You will probably be waiting for long time for a non eco boost engine. Every year there will be something new. If people always wait for something better they will never buy anything.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
We tend to keep our vehicles a long time (decade plus). With the increase in competition (new four runner, jeep's response, bronco warthog and becoming its own "brand", electric vehicles, etc) I see us entering into a golden age of off-road competition. With that in mind, I'm not sure how long it may take to be realized and a bird in hand is better than two in the bush!

These are the Bronco updates that would probably make me kick myself for not waiting for. What would you say is the likelihood of any of these features being available in say the next 3-5 years:

Fold flat floor
Easily removeable rear seat
Tailgate
Non eco-boost engine (5.0 coyote, straight 6, mini pushrod 7.3)
Towing capacity of 5000 pounds or greater
Full size bronco

I hate compromising, especially at this price point, but also would hate to fruitlessly wait and miss out on years of topless fun and damn does the bronco look fun! I'm torn on waiting on practicality versus fun today!
Agree on all counts, desperately need a N/A engine.
Also a full-size Bronco would be perfect, there is zero entrants in the full-size SUV category that once contained the majority of off-road vehicles.

OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
full size bronco? How much more "full size" can you get and aftermarket will easily come out with something to make the floor flat. You will probably be waiting for long time for a non eco boost engine. Every year there will be something new. If people always wait for something better they will never buy anything.

Would love to see a bigger version built on the f150 or F250 tremor platform that has much more cargo area and that can tow 5000 pounds. The current bronco, just like a jeep wrangler, is a mid-size suv.

What good is an accessory that makes it a fold flat floor if you can't easily remove the rear seat? If you make one tall enough to be flush with the seat folded down then you lose a ton of practical space underneath.

And I'm currently driving a new off-road truck and absolutely loving it and having a blast with it, so no issue pulling the trigger! That actually makes it harder because the truck is so perfect, but would love an suv with similar attributes.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Zero chance on all of those, sorry.
Agree on "all" of these but what about on "any" of these! Even one or two of those would probably be enough to get me to pull the trigger on a current bronco, still may even without. Just torn on practicality.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is still a mid-sized SUV, based on a mid-sized truck platform. People throw the term "full size" around to distinguish from the Sport, but that's a bit annoying because "Full Size Bronco" already has a meaning - a Bronco built on the F-150 platform. Yes, all platforms have increased in size over the years, but to answer your question directly - you get more "full" sized when you adopt a full-size platform - one derived from the F-150, as in years past.

Reactions: abe

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree on "all" of these but what about on "any" of these! Even one or two of those would probably be enough to get me to pull the trigger on a current bronco, still may even without. Just torn on practicality.
absolute zero.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco is still a mid-sized SUV, based on a mid-sized truck platform. People throw the term "full size" around to distinguish from the Sport, but that's a bit annoying because "Full Size Bronco" already has a meaning - a Bronco built on the F-150 platform. Yes, all platforms have increased in size over the years, but to answer your question directly - you get more "full" sized when you adopt a full-size platform - one derived from the F-150, as in years past.
That's not going to happen. Most you will see is the warthog.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blame the .gov for for the size and motor restraints. Likely not going to see those with more restrictions to emissions. Some states you'd be out all together soon.

OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like a wise man here once said: with the proper tools the back seat WILL come out......still unclear what those tools are.....hoping not to include a Sawzall

Haha, exactly but then you have to put it back in if you ever want to use it! My old '82 bronco rear seat was simple to remove. I still can't believe a removeable seat isn't standard.

I found a dual dog kennel that would fit perfectly in the bronco, even with the ledge except for the dang latch on the swing hatch that takes up so much room. If it was a drop tailgate, I would have been golden and had a work space as well. So frustrating, because it's so close to what I need to make it work but just not quite right.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still too small....LOL!

full size bronco? How much more "full size" can you get ...
Excursion sized , not super offroady, but tough as hell looking heavy hauler/tower.

Think F250 Tremor Excursion, 35's, Lockers, Godzilla or 6.7L diesel.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, exactly but then you have to put it back in if you ever want to use it! My old '82 bronco rear seat was simple to remove. I still can't believe a removeable seat isn't standard.

I found a dual dog kennel that would fit perfectly in the bronco, even with the ledge except for the dang latch on the swing hatch that takes up so much room. If it was a drop tailgate, I would have been golden and had a work space as well. So frustrating, because it's so close to what I need to make it work but just not quite right.
Dog kennels 42” deep, 2 door Bronco cargo area 42” deep....coincidence?....I think NOT!
...but now you’ve got me worried about that latch....another Sawzall opportunity?
Sponsored