Got My VIN But Can't Buy It

PM1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like many I have had a Bronco on order for a while and after being excited for a while then disappointed for longer I just ignored it. I actually bought a different car two months ago after the Ford email saying that I had to drop some of my options (hardtop, tow package, lux, etc.). I just figured I would never get the car. Well, like many others I got the email today and was assigned a VIN. Unfortunately, I can't swing buying the car now since I just bought another one. Disappointing to say the least but nothing I can do about it now. What should I do now? Call my dealer and say I am cancelling, or do I need to reach out to Ford?

I would have loved the car but I just can't justify two new cars right now.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Trade in the one you just bought or cancel are pretty much the options. The dealer won’t be sad they have one to sell.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nothing you can do about it but get your deposit refunded. Technically the Bronco is assigned to the dealership for delivery. They will sell it, problem solved!

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't for the life of me figure out why posters ask perfect strangers online what to do about/regarding pretty significant personal financial decisions.
Good Luck I guess.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many I have had a Bronco on order for a while and after being excited for a while then disappointed for longer I just ignored it. I actually bought a different car two months ago after the Ford email saying that I had to drop some of my options (hardtop, tow package, lux, etc.). I just figured I would never get the car. Well, like many others I got the email today and was assigned a VIN. Unfortunately, I can't swing buying the car now since I just bought another one. Disappointing to say the least but nothing I can do about it now. What should I do now? Call my dealer and say I am cancelling, or do I need to reach out to Ford?

It could be another 4-5 months before your Bronco arrives at the Dealer. You never know what could happen between now and then. Keep your name attached to it until the day it shows up and decide then.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just cancel and get your deposit back. Your dealer will love you as they will now sell the Bronco for $15k over MSRP.

I would just wait till it arrives, though. No point in cancelling so early.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It could be another 4-5 months before your Bronco arrives at the Dealer. You never know what could happen between now and then. Keep your name attached to it until the day it shows up and decide then.

Yeah, I would not tell the dealer anything until it actually arrives. Could be many months down the road and who knows what your situation will be then.

I got a VIN in April and a Bronco in November.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can't for the life of me figure out why posters ask perfect strangers online what to do about/regarding pretty significant personal financial decisions.
Good Luck I guess.
Yes indeed, my financial business is my business.

Edit: I stand corrected, it's my wife's business.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it not feasible to sell the new car when the Bronco comes in and at least break even on it? Depending on what you bought, you could possibly swing that. Otherwise I agree with the others, wait until the Bronco actually shows up and then make your decision. Times change and your situation could too.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have mentioned, don't cancel yet as it could still take awhile to be delivered to the dealer. Who knows what could happen in that time, and if it were me, I'd take the new car to the dealer and have them run the numbers and see what it would cost me.

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my VIN in November of 22, and it was delivered to the dealer in December of 22, so I think Ford might be shortening the gap between VIN and delivery these days.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd wait until it's physically at the dealership and deal with it then. Just like others said, it can be months before it actually shows up and a lot can happen in a few months.

I had a new-ish ranger and traded it on my bronco, couldn't be happier. I actually look at photos of my bronco sometimes just because I'm so in love with it. It's been years since I've loved a car I drove and probably never as much as I like what I have now.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good Luck I guess.
And it’ll go 37 pages with every Tom Dick and Harry’s opinion. My thoughts is Bronco ownership should be required to post here. Too much wasted space and time. More useless threads here than not.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my VIN in November of 22, and it was delivered to the dealer in December of 22, so I think Ford might be shortening the gap between VIN and delivery these days.
It's all luck. I got my VIN in November as well, built early December. Didn't get my Bronco till February. Some are still waiting.
Sponsored