Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now that we are into the delivery stage of Broncos, I wanted to go into some details of our extended service contract provider, EG Assurance. I don't want to make this into a debate for or against service contracts. The intent would be to explain why we chose EG Assurance as our provider for extended service contracts. We have had a working relationship with them for 15+ years and a long track record to see how they do business.

1st - The EG Assurance contract is a named exclusionary contract. What this means to you is that it lists only a small group of items that are NOT covered (think brake pads, maintenance, light bulbs, etc.). Anything that is not specifically named as a non-covered item is included in the coverage. This is the most comprehensive coverage form available.

2nd - This contract is more fair to a technician working on the car. I understand that people can tell you horror stories when purchasing some 3rd party warranty companies. In fact, I've sat in the service advisor seat and remember myself calling a company and sitting on hold for 30 minutes, just to talk to a person. That is NOT what I want! EG Assurance is timely for the service writer and from a technician's stand point does not compensate them "warranty labor" times. It is more generous with how the pay a technician based upon Alldata or other labor time guides. This will allow the technician to spend the time he/she needs to repair things right and make sure they do a thorough job with the repair.

3rd- The EG Assurance contract gives me some autonomy as the owner. I have the flexibility to use "goodwill" funds on occasion because of our working relationship with EG Assurance to cover an item for a good customer. I do not have this flexibility with a manufacturer's extended warranty.

There are no doubt some reviews where a finance manager sold a powertrain only coverage and overpromised what was covered only to leave a customer disappointed. I can say, we do our best to make sure that everyone leaves with a good experience. We're a locally owned store that has been owned by my father previously since 1978 and myself now. We are in a town of 2,000 people and rely on our reputation to build repeat and referral business. We're not going to sacrifice that by using a "fly by night" 3rd party warranty company but we have done our due diligence and encourage anyone of our customers if an issue arrises to call us and we'll make sure it gets handled fairly.

Zach
Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that we are into the delivery stage of Broncos, I wanted to go into some details of our extended service contract provider, EG Assurance. I don't want to make this into a debate for or against service contracts. The intent would be to explain why we chose EG Assurance as our provider for extended service contracts. We have had a working relationship with them for 15+ years and a long track record to see how they do business.

1st - The EG Assurance contract is a named exclusionary contract. What this means to you is that it lists only a small group of items that are NOT covered (think brake pads, maintenance, light bulbs, etc.). Anything that is not specifically named as a non-covered item is included in the coverage. This is the most comprehensive coverage form available.

2nd - This contract is more fair to a technician working on the car. I understand that people can tell you horror stories when purchasing some 3rd party warranty companies. In fact, I've sat in the service advisor seat and remember myself calling a company and sitting on hold for 30 minutes, just to talk to a person. That is NOT what I want! EG Assurance is timely for the service writer and from a technician's stand point does not compensate them "warranty labor" times. It is more generous with how the pay a technician based upon Alldata or other labor time guides. This will allow the technician to spend the time he/she needs to repair things right and make sure they do a thorough job with the repair.

3rd- The EG Assurance contract gives me some autonomy as the owner. I have the flexibility to use "goodwill" funds on occasion because of our working relationship with EG Assurance to cover an item for a good customer. I do not have this flexibility with a manufacturer's extended warranty.

There are no doubt some reviews where a finance manager sold a powertrain only coverage and overpromised what was covered only to leave a customer disappointed. I can say, we do our best to make sure that everyone leaves with a good experience. We're a locally owned store that has been owned by my father previously since 1978 and myself now. We are in a town of 2,000 people and rely on our reputation to build repeat and referral business. We're not going to sacrifice that by using a "fly by night" 3rd party warranty company but we have done our due diligence and encourage anyone of our customers if an issue arrises to call us and we'll make sure it gets handled fairly.

Zach
Thanks, Zach! Good to hear that.

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good stuff — would also be interested in paint protection / wraps and Katzkin installation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good stuff — would also be interested in paint protection / wraps and Katzkin installation.
@Granger Ford is our paint protection/wrap expert. We do not do it in house but have xpel/3m vendors that we use that do a great job. We can install the Katzkin seats here. Haven't done a Bronco yet, but have done plenty of F-150 XLTs in the past.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you comment on how it works for out of town customers?

Zach

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can the EG Assurance service contract be used at locations other than Granger for those of us who aren't local?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you comment on how it works for out of town customers?
can the EG Assurance service contract be used at locations other than Granger for those of us who aren't local?
Yes, the coverage is good at any Ford dealership or any ASE certified technician at a repair facility. The company is based out of the DFW area and have dealerships across the country.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can anyone buy this from you even if our broncos were purchased elsewhere?

Also, where can we find pricing?

Yes, the coverage is good at any Ford dealership or any ASE certified technician at a repair facility. The company is based out of the DFW area and have dealerships across the country.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone buy this from you even if our broncos were purchased elsewhere?

Also, where can we find pricing?
Yes, we do not have a online portal or online pricing posted. Our finance team can sure get you a quote.

Itsmeclooney

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Granger Ford is our paint protection/wrap expert. We do not do it in house but have xpel/3m vendors that we use that do a great job. We can install the Katzkin seats here. Haven't done a Bronco yet, but have done plenty of F-150 XLTs in the past.
Would you guys be able/willing to mock up something similar to the prototype interiors for Katzkin to install?
something like this:?
Ford Bronco Granger Ford Extended Service Contract Provider - EG Assurance 1629768027618

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would assume because it is a Ford backed coverage and you're covered at any Ford dealership, anywhere. No 3rd party to go through.

Not saying that's good or bad either way, I would just assume that's the reasoning.

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t realize you guys ordered xpel. Any idea on what you charge for a full 4 door wrap?
Sponsored