Sponsored

Granger/Ford not honoring price protection/private cash offers [after my zip code changed]

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My offer amount was lower than what was on the flowchart, essentially it was just Column A price protection. Did yours line up with what you expected?
I hadn't looked at this in a while so it was a useful exercise to go thru it again. I recommend anyone do this.

Signed Granger Order:
44,630 Black Diamond (E5D, 4DR, Adv 4X4)
1,495 Mid Pkg
1,895 V6
4,495 Sasquatch
695 Hard Top
575 Mod Bumper
-250 6 Speaker Sub Delete
1,795 Destination
55,330 MSRP
53,309.40 Granger Invoice (Includes gas and CV Lot Fee)
-1,000 Granger Promotion
225 Granger Document and Transit Tag Fees
52,534.40 Granger's Subtotal

-2,820 Ford Private Offer (Column A from chart)
-1,500 Retail Price Protection (Column C from chart)
0 Package Increase Protection - Granger doc already accounted for this (Column DD from chart)

48,214.40 GRAND TOTAL ... plus tax...

Ford confirmed the Private Offer via chat. The one thing that's not 100% confirmed is the Retail Price Protection. My understanding is that this amount is sent to the dealers and they're supposed to reimburse us with a check in the mail. Some dealers (hopefully Granger) discount it off the purchase price at the time of pickup/signing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My offer amount was lower than what was on the flowchart, essentially it was just Column A price protection. Did yours line up with what you expected?
That last post was mainly for myself haha

The short answer is Ford confirmed column A
I'm eligible for columns C and DD.

For column C: Granger will/should either discount the invoice by an additional $1,500 or send a check in the mail.

Column DD: My signed document already accounted for these discounts.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That last post was mainly for myself haha

The short answer is Ford confirmed column A
I'm eligible for columns C and DD.

For column C: Granger will/should either discount the invoice by an additional $1,500 or send a check in the mail.

Column DD: My signed document already accounted for these discounts.
Thanks, I hate to keep bumping this misleading thread, but I appreciate the info.

I have the order modification too for dropping Lux as a constraint that complicates things further. Just trying to get what I can in order before the Bronco shows up.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger honored every commitment they made to me. Buying from Granger saved me thousands and thousands of dollars. (and thousands) It also saved me from stressing out about sleazy dealers, which was priceless.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in cases like this file for exceptions to get the rebates and it takes a few months in some cases.
Zach, I'm in this same boat. My 2020 reservation was in my nickname I have used since birth Drew (as in ScoobyDrew - which is short for Andrew - which is my middle name). My given name is different. I get you won't take the risk that Ford doesn't grant the "exception" and I don't expect you to, however, I don't want to take that risk either.

In your experience, have you seen Ford reject/fail to grant the exceptions in cases like this?

My Bronco is somewhere in Kansas on its way to you. I've been corresponding with Carly and she's been great and has my certificate number, etc., but she says there's nothing you can do up front to fix this (and I know you have LOTS of trucks ahead of me).

Is there someone I can call at Ford corporate to change this before I arrive in Iowa in a couple weeks? I tried calling Ford marketing and they sent me back to Granger. I'd love to handle this myself ahead of time if possible, as my goof up shouldn't cause you lots of extra headache and work.

Thx.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zach, I'm in this same boat. My 2020 reservation was in my nickname I have used since birth Drew (as in ScoobyDrew - which is short for Andrew - which is my middle name). My given name is different. I get you won't take the risk that Ford doesn't grant the "exception" and I don't expect you to, however, I don't want to take that risk either.

In your experience, have you seen Ford reject/fail to grant the exceptions in cases like this?

My Bronco is somewhere in Kansas on its way to you. I've been corresponding with Carly and she's been great and has my certificate number, etc., but she says there's nothing you can do up front to fix this (and I know you have LOTS of trucks ahead of me).

Is there someone I can call at Ford corporate to change this before I arrive in Iowa in a couple weeks? I tried calling Ford marketing and they sent me back to Granger. I'd love to handle this myself ahead of time if possible, as my goof up shouldn't cause you lots of extra headache and work.

Thx.
In most cases we've been able to get it. However, the timing on getting these approved has varied greatly. We SHOULD get them paid in a short time, but some have taken months. Overall I'd say our success rate is 80%+

chemtw

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai I30
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Zach@Granger . Ive called ford had my address changed on the price protection certificate and the modification program certificate. Iā€™m being told an exception has to be filed to receive the rebate by mail for the modification certificate and that not the full amount was applied for the price protection certificate. Iā€™ve relayed the certificate number and changes to the finance rep from granger. How do I find out what other steps I need to take to get the rebates applied at purchase. My concern is that if Ford wonā€™t work with the dealer and redeem the certs now, how do I know a check will be ā€œin the mailā€ in a few weeks time. I m not in a hurry to pickup the vehicle if I need to wait longer. Thanks

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger . Ive called ford had my address changed on the price protection certificate and the modification program certificate. Iā€™m being told an exception has to be filed to receive the rebate by mail for the modification certificate and that not the full amount was applied for the price protection certificate. Iā€™ve relayed the certificate number and changes to the finance rep from granger. How do I find out what other steps I need to take to get the rebates applied at purchase. My concern is that if Ford wonā€™t work with the dealer and redeem the certs now, how do I know a check will be ā€œin the mailā€ in a few weeks time. I m not in a hurry to pickup the vehicle if I need to wait longer. Thanks
Can you pm me your name and vin number and I can look into this.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you ever talk with Zach about this issue and get a resolution? Trying to get some idea of how long the resolution process might take.

chemtw

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai I30
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you ever talk with Zach about this issue and get a resolution? Trying to get some idea of how long the resolution process might take.
I did. I took delivery on the 9th. Granger filed the exception earlier this week. One check will go to the dealer for the price protection then to me. The order modification exception will come to me. Iā€™ll caveat that, they emphasized Ford has to approve the private offers. Iā€™m in wait mode now and will post once I receive or donā€™t receive them.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did. I took delivery on the 9th. Granger filed the exception earlier this week. One check will go to the dealer for the price protection then to me. The order modification exception will come to me. Iā€™ll caveat that, they emphasized Ford has to approve the private offers. Iā€™m in wait mode now and will post once I receive or donā€™t receive them.
Thanks, just gathering info so if the wait gets too long I'll have some other points of reference. I hope the process will work properly with no further input. I picked mine up on 5/17.
Sponsored