Sponsored

Great! Seen some more colors in person….back too the drawing board. Anyone else?

Cleehb

Big Bend
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot, Hyundai Pallisade
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Definitely try to see the colors live on an actual Bronco, preferable a 2 or 4 door depending on which you want. And maybe in sun vs cloud.

Previously I saw Velocity Blue on a pickup truck, and thought it looked ok. But last week I saw Velocity Blue on this 2-door, and thought it looked very nice. So nice that it's on my top two list of colors. It just seemed to suit the design of the 2-door Bronco
P1160951.JPG

I also saw Rapid Red on an Excursion a few weeks ago on a Ford lot evening time. I'm usually a red car guy, but it didn't do much for me. That's why now I'm wanting to give it another chance on a Bronco 2-door, if I can find one local at some point to view live.
I saw the rapid red in person and it’s pretty amazing. I have VB ordered, but I’ve been thinking about switching to red.

BAE96780-0C74-4577-BDBE-559E0057653C.jpeg
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Note: I live in Phoenix Arid-Zona...

Only a madman buys a black truck in Arizona.

Worst Color = Black.
2nd Worst = Antimatter Black, sorry, I mean Blue, but... it's basically black.
3rd worst = Oxford white. Oxford white is the color of a landscape truck, and I swear 60% of the cars on the road in Phoenix are white.

Iconic Silver = every car that isn't white is silver out here
Carbonized Gray - it's growing on me. I've never had a silver ford that stood up to the sun though.

Velocity Blue or Rapid Red are the best base colors. I'm getting Rapid Red because my wife's F-150 is VB. Our cars are not allowed to be the same color for some inexplicable female reason. And having seen Rapid Red on an F-150 I think it will look pretty slick with the MIC top.

On a higher trim, I'd get A51, even though it's the most popular color.

Cactus looks like an ugly mint green in the sun, and a cool gray color in the shade. I really wanted to like it, but I can't

Race Red = Ticket me twice Red. Slightly orange red. On a Ranger it's really bright, and just screams "pull me over first". Haven't seen it on an actual Bronco of course.

Cyber Orange is awesome. I'd pay for that if it were available on my trim level. Trim locked $10k above my build, so... NO.

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely try to see the colors live on an actual Bronco, preferable a 2 or 4 door depending on which you want. And maybe in sun vs cloud.

Previously I saw Velocity Blue on a pickup truck, and thought it looked ok. But last week I saw Velocity Blue on this 2-door, and thought it looked very nice. So nice that it's on my top two list of colors. It just seemed to suit the design of the 2-door Bronco
Ford Bronco Great! Seen some more colors in person….back too the drawing board. Anyone else? dia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fdyLlCJSNbgFghf7wjT%2fgiphy

I also saw Rapid Red on an Excursion a few weeks ago on a Ford lot evening time. I'm usually a red car guy, but it didn't do much for me. That's why now I'm wanting to give it another chance on a Bronco 2-door, if I can find one local at some point to view live.
Packey Webb allowing people to drive demos?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do as I did, and your problem will be solved. Pick the color you like best, then drive you significant other through a Ford dealers lot. They will tell you what colors the best, then put it on your build. EZPZ :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've seen them all but one in person.

My opinion:

Velocity Blue pops - I like a bright color and like it a lot.

Carbonized Gray - blends nicely with the Grey MIC nicely. I'm not a fan of the rental colors but this one looks solid with the MIC.

Black is black. Not my cup of tea. No surprises.

Antimatter Blue is really dark. In direct light it looks nice but in shadows it is pretty much black.

I haven't seen Silver

Rapid Red is a gorgeous color. Very deep and classic. I like it a lot.

Area 51 is nice enough but 1 in 5 trucks will have it. Still, better than Cactus Gray.

White - I don't like white cars but if you are looking at adding after market graphics, this looks pretty cool and gives you lots of flexibility.

YMMV, of course, but none of the colors are bad so you can't go wrong with any choice you make.
(y) It would be nice too see them all side by side :sneaky:

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw the rapid red in person and it’s pretty amazing. I have VB ordered, but I’ve been thinking about switching to red.

Ford Bronco Great! Seen some more colors in person….back too the drawing board. Anyone else? dia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fdyLlCJSNbgFghf7wjT%2fgiphy
Saw Rapid Red the other day. Really nice!

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do as I did, and your problem will be solved. Pick the color you like best, then drive you significant other through a Ford dealers lot. They will tell you what colors the best, then put it on your build. EZPZ :)
:ROFLMAO:

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the rapid red also. I have a 2003 Z71 in victory red. After having it 18 years, I am sortof over red....LOL

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Color has been a rollercoaster for us. We originally ordered Area 51 without seeing it in person and after seeing it in person felt it was too baby blue in the sun. So we switched to Cyber Orange without seeing it in person and then a Ranger in that color showed up on the lot. Too yellow. Back to Area 51, but the color was bugging us and we weren't really sold on it.

Enter Cactus Gray. We saw it in person on a Ranger and my wife and I instantly knew that's our color. So that's what we went with.

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Note: I live in Phoenix Arid-Zona...

Only a madman buys a black truck in Arizona.

Worst Color = Black.
2nd Worst = Antimatter Black, sorry, I mean Blue, but... it's basically black.
3rd worst = Oxford white. Oxford white is the color of a landscape truck, and I swear 60% of the cars on the road in Phoenix are white.

Iconic Silver = every car that isn't white is silver out here
Carbonized Gray - it's growing on me. I've never had a silver ford that stood up to the sun though.

Velocity Blue or Rapid Red are the best base colors. I'm getting Rapid Red because my wife's F-150 is VB. Our cars are not allowed to be the same color for some inexplicable female reason. And having seen Rapid Red on an F-150 I think it will look pretty slick with the MIC top.

On a higher trim, I'd get A51, even though it's the most popular color.

Cactus looks like an ugly mint green in the sun, and a cool gray color in the shade. I really wanted to like it, but I can't

Race Red = Ticket me twice Red. Slightly orange red. On a Ranger it's really bright, and just screams "pull me over first". Haven't seen it on an actual Bronco of course.

Cyber Orange is awesome. I'd pay for that if it were available on my trim level. Trim locked $10k above my build, so... NO.
Yeah, no love here for Cyber Orange, but I guess that depends on trim levels being discussed. My OBX Sasquatch is ordered in CO. Best color available IMHO. I'm a fan of red, too, but my '05 Mustang GT Convertible is Redfire, so I wanted something new and different. :cool:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Packey Webb allowing people to drive demos?
Yes, they allowed a test drive last week. A user here clued me in that the 2-door had shown up there.

Just a quick drive around a few blocks, my son drove and I checked out the back seat room and ride quality.

Young sales guy was nice and had decent knowledge of the Bronco. But who knows, since then if they are getting inundated with persons showing up to test drive, maybe they are cutting back on that.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im confused is there another beautiful Ford blue? I was under the impression that there was only one color available for real Broncos.

VB
The blue they used to paint engine blocks with back in the 1960's. THAT's Ford Blue.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was fortunate enough to see approximately 30 Broncos(Northeast Off-rodeo rigs) side-by-side on Monday evening here in NH. It was the perfect opportunity to compare 2 door/4 door/models/lights/taillights/bumpers/step-no-step/rock rail or not/Squatch-no squatch............

The body lines and shadow lines of this particular vehicle are very much influenced by the exterior color choice. The gap between rocker pinch weld and steps either disappears or gets magnified 3X depending on the body color.

I found it tough to select my color choice from seeing how it looked on a F150 pickup and IMPOSSIBLE to pick from the Ford color sheet.

While I recognize that color selection is a absolute personal choice; my top 4 impressions were:

- I absolutely was blown away by the area 51 color -Simply amazing in person
- The basic white rigs are stunning with the contrast of the MIC tops, flares and the rock rails
- the AMB color itself is gorgeous - but not with the MIC top; maybe with a white top or painted one but not enough contrast for my liking
- Black rigs- all the body lines disappeared as did the rock rails and flares
I came away thinking I was going to change my 2 door BL sasquatch order color choice from VB to Area 51.

I went home after a lengthy test drive of the black 2-dr OB mule and decided to stick with my VB selection; only because it matches my Blue 1976 Bronco:)
Tbruz
The only design cue I don't have much love for is the slight angle of the grille under the headlights. If I was the lead designer, I would have made the grille straight there, in homage to the EB. I ordered my Black Diamond in black so to hide that line in the bodywork. If the carbon gray MIC of the grille still doesn't work to my eye, then I'll paint the grille body color.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does look nice. Thank you.
Remember, after purchase, if you don't like the BD stock grille, then you can order the Wildtrak gloss black grille and replace the BD stock one. I have to keep reminding myself that these things are modular and intended to make your own.

I'm a BD or BaseSas guy and I keep reminding myself not to get reeled in by the look of the higher trims, because I can make that look on my own down the road. Just a thought. Good luck.
Sponsored