Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I read somewhere that LEDs do get warm. I wonder if Ford is counting on these getting fired or d due to that. And if there wasn't a hole or outside sure somehow then it would get too hot and fail?
I don't think they get warm. My son has LEDs on his Jeep and he said they are cold when he gets home from work and he drives almost an hour.
Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I swang by my local dealer to get a look at Area 51 in person. More on that in a second. The lot had 4 Bronco Sports and every one of them had moisture inside the headlight lens. I checked the F150's and Mustangs nearby, they were all dry. Not picking on Ford but this may be an example of first year quirks. Heres hoping this stays with the sport. I was disappointed to see that.
As as far as the Area 51 color, for me it did not disappoint and was exactly what I was hoping for. It is a very shifty color given the light condition. The few minutes I was there the clouds broke and in bright sun the color lighten up a ton. For my liking it does not fit the sport but should be appropriate on the big brother. I still have my light blue FJ40 so that color holds a soft spot with me.

20210103_125524.jpg

20210103_125535.jpg

20210103_125756.jpg

20210103_130029.jpg

20210103_125636.jpg
Great pics, thanks!

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think they get warm. My son has LEDs on his Jeep and he said they are cold when he gets home from work and he drives almost an hour.
Yea wasn’t this the whole thing with the new Jeep’s not being able to melt the snow off the lights when driving in snowy conditions. I remember wrangler owners saying they had to pull over and wipe off the headlights every so often if it was sticky snow since led wouldn’t heat up enough to melt the snow like normal bulbs do

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LEDs get hot but not in front of the housing as a regular halogen does . They generate a lot of heat at the point they contact the circuit board hence why most have heavy heat sinks on the backside .

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headlight moisture is what cause my 2015 Mustang order to be delayed by 2 weeks.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And I didn't even climb underneath to look at the muffler bearings either.
Muffler bearings exist. See Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4. One of the first cars with active exhaust. Guess what the bearings in the valve that changed exh route were called? But nice try, LOL!!

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They forgot to shut off the knuter valve!

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I read somewhere that LEDs do get warm. I wonder if Ford is counting on these getting fired or d due to that. And if there wasn't a hole or outside sure somehow then it would get too hot and fail?
LEDs run significantly cooler than comparable incandescents. Goes hand in hand with their lower energy consumption.

My mother’s house is well insulated and every time she turned on the overhead lights it got hot (would have to run the AC in the winter when it was below freezing).Swapped everything for LEDs and the house temp dropped 10-15 degrees.

Another time, had an outdoor light in Louisiana that attracted bugs. Swapped for an LED, heat source went away and so did the bugs.(I’ve also read that bugs can’t sense led light, have no idea if that’s true)

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LEDs run significantly cooler than comparable incandescents. Goes hand in hand with their lower energy consumption.

My mother’s house is well insulated and every time she turned on the overhead lights it got hot (would have to run the AC in the winter when it was below freezing).Swapped everything for LEDs and the house temp dropped 10-15 degrees.

Another time, had an outdoor light in Louisiana that attracted bugs. Swapped for an LED, heat source went away and so did the bugs.(I’ve also read that bugs can’t sense led light, have no idea if that’s true)
WTF - were these the lights she was using? ;)

Ford Bronco Moisture in the headlights and more Area 51 in person 1609773489732

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the LED exterior flood lights with the built in motion sensor in the middle of the bulb . They work fine in the winter but stay on constantly in the summer due to the bugs they attract .

EcoSmart 120-Watt Equivalent PAR38 LED Motion Sensor Flood Light Bulb Daylight (2-Pack)-1003032303 - The Home Depot

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WTF - were these the lights she was using? ;)

Ford Bronco Moisture in the headlights and more Area 51 in person 1609773489732
24 Can lights in an open concept Living/Dining/Kitchen area. Like I said, really well insulated. Has to get down to the 20s before she turns on the heat.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sorry, but where is the water? Serious question...
Sponsored